FW27 Thread 2 - Update - High Detail Version.

Posted by intweb 
FW27 Thread 2 - Update - High Detail Version.
Date: May 18, 2005 08:38PM
Posted by: intweb
Just to let you know I am still forging on with the high detail version of the FW27. The nose is taking bloody ages as I can never get the right shape from all angles. I'm working from around 1,000 high quality close up photos, but I cannot get it spot on. I'll stick at it and hopefully by next week I'll move on to the engine cover.

Please bear in mind that the nose / sidepod are only 40 - 50 % finished, so it is no good saying, it looks weird here and something looks wrong there as I know!! I'll give you a new shot once I am happy - then you can all say that !! ;)

May post some shots over the weekend, depending on how it goes.

Steve.

Re: FW27 Thread 2 - Update - High Detail Version.
Date: May 18, 2005 08:40PM
Posted by: vesuvius
WOW looks great , you really have done great work keep it up :)
Date: May 18, 2005 08:52PM
Posted by: F1Master
It looks great Steve. When you say high poly how many polys are you looking at using in the final shape?

Will this also include those 2048x2048 textures too?

You may already have these pictures but I've got them for you anyhow. They should help you with the nose.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: May 18, 2005 08:54PM
Posted by: Teraur
Really good Intweb :)

Teraur

--------------------------------

Happy owner of : Epiphone Les Pauls 100 - Fender Stratocaster Standard - Gibson Les Pauls Standard
Date: May 18, 2005 08:56PM
Posted by: chet
:O! WOW really is high poly...

this will for sure be one of the best cars... the texs are already ACE and now a shape that is majorly high res...

btw did u speak to that guy who wanted the car??

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
WoW ! realy nice man ! happy to know news
Looking good
Steve,

Here are some photos of the FW27 Monaco front nose.

Intweb that is great! Sidepods were always great and are now, but nose is now how it should be! Just keep him up, dont let him fall down to much. You improved a lot with previous versions and this is even better! Great work, keep it up like this and I´m sure that car will be ¡real¡.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: May 20, 2005 02:12AM
Posted by: v@sh
Progress is looking sweet Steve! I see my kink! :D

Are they launch pics F1Master? IF they are, aern't they a little outdated since the revised aerodynamics have totally changed since then? hehe

Not only that, this page is killing my dialup :p
I will answer for F1Master :):

yes they are from car launch...
hey intweb,
sorry to say, but this car sucks.......
ur low poly car is even nicer.
im sorry but, u are using tooooooo much unused polys, and u are using the polys on the wrong places.
look at the nose(beging of the whole nose at cockpit), or the inner sidepod.
why do u use so f*cking many polys when u dont need it on that place.
if u want soo many polys, the cut those polys away from the inner sidepod, nose(at cockpit), cockpit, and use them on place who needs detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2005 07:26AM by WDT Race Speeder.
Date: May 20, 2005 09:05AM
Posted by: chet
the inner sidepod is quite detailed.. well im it will wens its dun..

err... please dont be so abrupt like that... or comment like that.. if u have a problem with it give friendly advise...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 20, 2005 09:28AM
@ WDT Race Speeder, comments much appreciated.............. not :(

Did you read any of my f*cking post?? No? I didn't think so! If you did you'd have read that it's only 40-50 % finished and there are a lot of changes and a lot of poly rationalising to do!

I don't often lose my temper on-line, and I don't see the point of using expletives or abusive tones, but with a*seholes like you, I make the exception.

Is it any wonder we lose so many fantastic car makers when they have to put up with this? Surely you realise we don't get paid to do this? Surely you realise that it's our own time we spend fine-tuning and taking peoples points to improve things? Surely you realise constructive-criticism is fine, but comments like yours are not acceptable?

Take your d*ck out of your ear for one minute and read what people say.
Damnit - it may even save you time and at the very least would save us from having to listen to your insolent drivel!

Sorry to anyone else who reads this!

@ Chet, cheers buddy! ;)

good start intweb! Will this include 1 X 2048 or 3 X 2048?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 20, 2005 09:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
intweb, maybe he was just upset for not being able to remove the other d*ck that he has stuck on him, but not in his ear ;)

Just trying to back you up in good, old-fashioned bad taste sayings
Date: May 20, 2005 10:01AM
@ SchueyFan, which would you prefer? I'll happily make whatever the forum wants? Whether it's 1x2048 (which I quite like the idea of), or 3x2048s (which I like the idea of for shear detail levels, but I fear may be too much for some user's pcs).

Perhaps you could all let me know which you'd prefer and I'll take the common consensus? I'll be redoing the tex's so it makes no difference to me.

@ Guimengo, thanks - strange how during rants we always revert to schoolboy insults!!! ;)

Happy Friday!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2005 10:03AM by intweb.
I prefer 1x2048, because i think 3x2048 is to high for my pc!!!!!!

LOL :-)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: May 20, 2005 10:10AM
Posted by: b-tone
3x2048 can always be downsized, and they do offer pretty high detail - u just need a decent pc to to edit them with :p

____
Tony

Date: May 20, 2005 10:12AM
Posted by: Guimengo
my laptop would grow legs and arms, then punch me and kick me in the balls if I tried running those textures :P.

@intweb:
absolutely, and it's amazing, isn't it?;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy