> first,
> > which to exprot as, which tool to edit each
> bit
> > etc
> >
> > just to get an insight to your process
> > thanks
>
> hm, i could do that. it is a nice idea.
> ....

That would be really great. I'd really like to get into track editing when there are no problems any more. But it's very complicated and it would cost me weeks to get into it if I tried on my own (I have now started to create things with ZModeller - but it takes a lot of time to learn it).
If there was a tutorial which explains and describes the basics, it would be very helpfull - just how to begin and how to get a working track. The rest is testing and experimenting on my own.

Cheers,
Ruboy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2005 12:06PM by Ruboy.
Re: 3DEditor 12.8 is online (p2)
Date: May 11, 2005 06:08PM
Posted by: Schumacher-Fan
I have a question: How do you get the cc-line displayed so exactly?When i open the .dat file of monaco the cc-line is still displayed like everýwhere but not fitting with the track!

Date: May 11, 2005 06:29PM
Posted by: Xero
Quick question... wouldn't re-building a whole cc-line using a tracks exact tweak value cause rounding up errors to build up? It seems it can only there for estimation purposes only.
Date: May 11, 2005 06:39PM
I don´t want to biuld up a whole new one, i just want to edit some parts of it (especially chicanes). but therefore i have to see what i am changing because otherwise you allways have to change a value, start the game and look how it has changed.

Date: May 11, 2005 06:44PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
schumacherfan: use the Tweak option on the first ccline section

Xero, well yes it would, but it's better than nothing, if you read the new version of the manual you can see how lo2k did the ccline for my bahrain track, result 100% working ccline, but n ot any visuals help when opening it in 3deditor, the tweak vaue gives you at least that :)

Date: May 11, 2005 07:34PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Schumacher-fan: you have to manually find the right tweak value to have a visualy perfect cc-line that will then be your work base.

@Xero: Yep, it's for evaluation in 3DEditor only (check guide for more infos about tweak value and it's usage to build a cc-line).

Date: May 11, 2005 07:37PM
Lo2k: in zmodeler, can i export 1 object from a scene? or do i have to delete all the others first?

Date: May 11, 2005 07:40PM
3DEditor will import all the objects of the first scene of the .gp4 file you will import.
So if you only want one object in 3DEditor, you will have to delete all objects but this one in ZM.

Date: May 11, 2005 07:42PM
Date: May 11, 2005 08:43PM
hm strange thing occours, i have see tru tarmac (in dry weather) and no shadows, col file seems just fine.

Must say the mapping of the new objects is very nice lo2k.

problem solved lesson to everyone (especially myself) dont use dx5 textures for tarmac :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2005 09:23PM by <Maverick>.
Date: May 11, 2005 09:09PM
Posted by: jawwad01
i agree with BenAd ,

Date: May 12, 2005 08:26PM
Maybe I am stupid, but how do iI get the CC-line displayed completely white on the coloured .dat file?When I click on CC-line to tweak it, everything becomes just little spots and you cannot see the clear surfaces anymore!

Date: May 12, 2005 08:30PM
can you post a screenshot?

Date: May 12, 2005 08:44PM
I hope you can recognize it.It a close shot of the track:

Date: May 12, 2005 09:28PM
looks like your opengl driver force GL_POINT mode whatever the real mode from 3DEditor...what's your graphical driver version ?

Date: May 12, 2005 09:41PM
hm never seen that problem, have had stuff disapearing, hope lo2k can clear things up on that in the mail he's problably writing atm :+

buglist
Date: May 14, 2005 12:46AM
Posted by: erwin_78
* when i open the editor for .gp4 the tab-page is empty, after switching forth and back is shows the data (scenes, etc)
* when i open the editor the loading screen hangs. Loading finishes, but there is now way to close the loading progress dialog.

* The visibility when viewing the bahrain track is very short. Other tracks you can open and view from the top the whole track. When creating more distance with the bahrain track it dissapears...
my i notice i only have one scene with ONLY the bahrain objects, so no old melbourne track objects or what so ever.

I also tried to import the s/f bridge but when i try to move it, the editor crashes. No error report though! :)

When i try to import it at sepang i can do what ever i like (moving/scaling), without any problem.

[adding...]
* editing the view with the camera-tab is not live updated. You have to interact with the edit view.

and a personal note, i don't like the new location of the options/preferences. Any chance moving them back to a tab-page?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 12:48AM by erwin_78.
Re: buglist
Date: May 14, 2005 01:55AM
erwin_78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> * The visibility when viewing the bahrain track is
> very short. Other tracks you can open and view
> from the top the whole track. When creating more
> distance with the bahrain track it dissapears...
> my i notice i only have one scene with ONLY the
> bahrain objects, so no old melbourne track objects
> or what so ever.

>
> I also tried to import the s/f bridge but when i
> try to move it, the editor crashes. No
> error report though!

Well about this, when i try to create a track using one of the generated gp4's 3deditor hangs totaly, so i guess that it worked in your case is a bit of luck, but now it doens't fully work. couldn't do it here anyway.

> and a personal note, i don't like the new location
> of the options/preferences. Any chance moving them
> back to a tab-page?

same problem here, but you'll gert used to it after a while :)
oh btw erwin, i dropped you an email ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 02:07AM by <Maverick>.
Re: buglist
Date: May 14, 2005 02:04AM
Posted by: fongu
i leave the preferences hanging over where it used to be anyways, but still is a little annoying

Date: May 14, 2005 11:29AM
hmm, OK so here we go for answers:

* when i open the editor for .gp4 the tab-page is empty, after switching forth and back is shows the data (scenes, etc)
long time bug due to the weird behaviour of the delphi tab component. ANyway I finally get rid of it and everything will finally display as it should in next version.

* when i open the editor the loading screen hangs. Loading finishes, but there is now way to close the loading progress dialog.
Hmm, weird. I never got this. if I remind well, loading screen should be closed as soon as file is starting to be read. As your file is readen anyway, I don't understand yet. But I agree, you can't close it if it keeps displayed...

* The visibility when viewing the bahrain track is very short. Other tracks you can open and view from the top the whole track. When creating more distance with the bahrain track it dissapears...
It's due to the fact you gathered objects together thus the final .gp4 format is not a track format for 3DEditor (nor for GP4 normally, no sunlight and no PVS amongst some other details).
Originally, only tracks have a big scale and all other objects are less than..say 5m wide, so 3DEditor has been built to such scales and when you import your false track as you do, 3DEditor adapts its horizon to a few meters.
Even if your trick works, I do not advice to use it anyway more than for testing purposes.

I also tried to import the s/f bridge but when i try to move it, the editor crashes. No error report though!
When i try to import it at sepang i can do what ever i like (moving/scaling), without any problem.

Surely due to the same reason as above.

* editing the view with the camera-tab is not live updated. You have to interact with the edit view.
It's normal. Most of editing action are disabled if you're not on graphics or physics display tab because when you are on another tab, 3DEditor could be confused on what you're editing, graphics or physics.
I should be able to enhance them maybe...

and a personal note, i don't like the new location of the options/preferences. Any chance moving them back to a tab-page?
What options are you changing so often to need it always displayed ?
I personnaly use F3(wireframe), F4(plain+wireframe) and F10(cycle through GP4/DAT/GP4+DAT) most of the time and barely go in options now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 12:32PM by Lo2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy