NEW - ITV soundset for GpxPatch!

Posted by cozmicoz 
Re: NEW - ITV soundset for GpxPatch!
Date: May 27, 2005 04:49PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
i don't see the download link mate on your page !?!
Date: May 27, 2005 04:58PM
Posted by: Leslie
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't see the download link mate on your page
> !?!
>

sorry , okay now !!

:)

LeSLie

Dragon Racing - Home - Gallery - Forum - Download - Enzojz INTERVIEW !! - Gp4 Italia INTERVIEW !!
Date: May 27, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yep thats better thanks mate !
Date: May 27, 2005 05:36PM
Posted by: Marks
GREAT!!! I'm downloading it right now and will give my feedback.
Date: May 27, 2005 05:43PM
Posted by: AcE_cOdEr
great! downloading now!
Date: May 27, 2005 09:07PM
Posted by: alexj2002
Yep very nice - shame there weren't a few more triggers or somemore variation in the commentry.
Date: May 27, 2005 09:31PM
Posted by: Button14
its amazing and i know areas where we cna with the current triggers make it even better

Date: May 27, 2005 10:42PM
Posted by: cozmicoz

Great to hear the soundset is available!

I wish there were MANY more triggers too!

Oh well, I began the ITV soundset as a 'personal' update to make my GP4 experience more entertaining, and now a lot of gamers are using it...

I guess I had a lot in common with all you guys... Making F1 on the PC more TV-like.

Any suggestions for future updates are welcome...

Hope you don't get tired of it too soon ;)

Cozmicoz

Date: May 27, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: mad otter
Heres some stuff i think u could add:

i) better speach for fastest lap (more emotional like brundle 'that lap was amazing' you get the point ;))
ii) 'were onboard with him now' when you goto t-cam
iii) something for when u hit another car (dunno if thats possible)
iv) a 2005 set with James Allen (for realism) with dumb comments
v) a better last lap rather than one where it says u have a problem and youve taken the corner wide etc...

Thanks
Iain

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: May 28, 2005 12:03AM
Posted by: Muttley
this is very good, really adds to the game! i admit the first time i tried it i thought i might get tired of it but thats not the case, it is really great!
Date: May 28, 2005 12:09AM
although people hate James Allen i Think it would be good to have some main commentary from him, Like i hae said before i have some great clips but cozmicoz u need to give me a email or anyone who can do these sounsets so u can implement them,

Date: May 28, 2005 12:19AM
was also thinking for race starts i can see how the sound clips have been editied to remove the drivers names but what if we had a cliop that had say "great start by schumacher and coulthard gets away well" these drivers are in f1 and so as long as no positions are said it would sound really cool justa n idea

Date: May 28, 2005 12:33AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
hey cozmicoz i have 2 wav files for the whole spanish gp [including ITV intro] maybe you can take parts from it
Date: May 28, 2005 01:00AM
do u have to anything to clips to make them work ive tried a new clip for when in cockpit, but it doesnt work, what do they have to be named

Date: May 28, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: saumilsingh
Amazing set!

Finally got it to work.
Had double-triple checked everything except for that fact that I had the gpxsound extension unchecked in gpxpatch tab lol.
Date: May 28, 2005 10:07AM
Posted by: Willb
"do u have to anything to clips to make them work ive tried a new clip for when in cockpit, but it doesnt work, what do they have to be named"

1) They have to be in the correct sound format (Use sound recorder to save as .wav and then goto options and set bit rate etc. to the same as cozmicoz's
2) They have to be named and called from the soundset.ini
Date: May 28, 2005 10:21AM
Posted by: G888
Just donwloaded V2, and its great. another good job done!!!!!

a few pointers though:

I find the radio test before a race v annoying, but have deleted the file so fixed that. (he just cannot get turn 1 right!!! hehe)

I think murray is the best, however, the 2005 commentators would be better i think as im running a 2005 season, and you can sample soo much more.

If i was using an older season then murray would be perfect, if you know what i mean, maybe do a classic and a 2005 ITV set???

Also, if you have a good opening lap or do a go move and want to pause it and see a replay, they keep talking over it.

How about a replay message??? then after the reply back to the normal commentary.

Just a few ideas, but again well done, the game just isnt the same anymore without this set.

G
Date: May 28, 2005 01:28PM
Posted by: cozmicoz

Hi everyone,

Once again, some of you want EXACTLY what I want - MORE TRIGGERS for 2D events!

Sadly, we don't have them... We're stuck with limited triggers, and it's up to us to make the best use of them. The triggers are located in the 'soundset.ini' file in the 'snd' folder.

The ITV soundset files are activated at certain times, but if you pause the action, the speech WILL continue... That's the pitfall here.

More often than not however, the commentary may relate to what you're actually doing on track.

I kept out driver names because this way the set would remain generic enough that it would work with many seasons... but I guess I could add names like Schumacher, Coulthard, etc.

I'm working on a new soundset with James Allen, but I'll need MORE clips of his commentary...

You can also send me more clips of Murray, Martin, and Louise too!

Send them to robertpapa21@gmail.com

Great to hear that you guys like the ITV addition!

Cozmicoz
Date: May 28, 2005 01:49PM
Posted by: fongu
how about asking rene to make a different soundset for each track or something, might give a bit more variety from track to track

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy