Photoshop VS Paintshop Pro

Posted by mick_schumacher 
Photoshop VS Paintshop Pro
Date: May 02, 2005 08:57PM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
Guys why most of you prefer PSP to Photoshop?
Re: Photoshop VS Paintshop Pro
Date: May 02, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Always used PSP :) No need to change really, acheiving everything I want to with it.
Personally, I thought more people used Photoshop.
Date: May 02, 2005 09:14PM
Posted by: _Erix_
I'm addicted to PSP(9). It has everything I need. What I especially like about PSP is it's powerfull vector management. Photoshop does not offer me anything extra.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: May 02, 2005 09:20PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Photoshop all the way...i have been using it nearly two years and it rockzzz ;) i have both 7 and CS although most carpainters use PSP IIRC.
the only advantage i see in PSP is that curved lines are easier to do than photoshop as PSP you use the pencil?? and PS you need to use the pen tool which requires a lot of time and effort..
Date: May 02, 2005 09:22PM
Posted by: mick_schumacher
Yeh Mini Maestro curved lines take a lot of effort in Photoshop
Date: May 02, 2005 09:31PM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
I have both and i prefer PSP for graphics,because PSP is much more easier to learn and intuitive,but since PS have more tools and resources it´s better to deal and edit photos.But for the GPX series graphics PSP is fair good enough and lighter to load also!hehe;)
Date: May 02, 2005 09:38PM
Posted by: chet
well psp has a free trial without limitations so ive just downloaded that.. just messing around tryin to paint... :)

imo if erix and justin use it... it must be good :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 02, 2005 10:00PM
Posted by: NickKK
I use CorelDraw and I've tried em all ...hey that rhymes:P

Date: May 02, 2005 10:08PM
Posted by: mart
Yup, used them all before. I prefer Fireworks but as that's not on the list... Photoshop.
Date: May 02, 2005 10:20PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
the GIMP! Actually, it's ok, and I prefer it to PSP, but it takes ages to load in Windows, the Linux version is better.

[Website]
Date: May 02, 2005 10:24PM
Posted by: slider
I've also used both programs myself and still prefer PSP. Yep,PSP9 loads up alot faster than PhotoshopCS. By the way, now that Corel have bought out JASC, i wonder if we will ever see PSP 10. :-(
PSP is probably a competitor for PhotoPaint.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2005 10:37PM by slider.
Date: May 02, 2005 10:46PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
i used to use psp7 and 8 a lot, worked quite nicely actually, but when PScs caem out i treid it and used it since. now PScs2 is out, and it has quite some nice things, maybe not all good for gp4 editting, but i like to screw around with pictures a lot, so pscs2 really is a great program.

Date: May 02, 2005 11:58PM
Posted by: Alvin Meister
I'm a graphic designer and have using nothing but PS throughout. It's the program you should and have to use as a professional. But for things like GP4 it's what you prefer that matters!
Date: May 03, 2005 02:23AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I do alot of web design among other things and ive always use photoshop, but TBH it just depends which program you use first that makes all the difference

Date: May 03, 2005 08:19AM
Posted by: Lord Kamder
addicted to psp series :)
still less powerful then photoshop, but i prefer the gui and the shortcuts.
more intuitive imho

[www.gp4italia.org]
Date: May 03, 2005 09:23AM
Posted by: Dahie
Take whatever is most comfortable with you. After 3 years I'm just used to Photoshop and so I never even tried PSP. I took a look at the Gimp and I think it's a great tool and a fantastic project and I suggest it as well.

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: May 03, 2005 10:47AM
Posted by: Enzojz
I have been using Photoshop ever since 3.0 version , so it's impossible to move to PSP.
Date: May 03, 2005 11:07AM
Posted by: eighth
I use photoshop because it's on spanish and psp in english! xP

________________________________________________________________________________________________

eighth ·· Juandi Sanchez
Date: May 03, 2005 11:30AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
i use psp(7), i never liked photoshop very much and i wont use psp 8 or 9 because i cant work there very good so i stay with the 7 version. but its what you want yourself, where you work good with

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: May 03, 2005 11:32AM
Posted by: Sniper
photoshop :-)

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy