Bahrain TESTING In Progress [update 08/06/05]

Posted by <Maverick> 
Re: Bahrain In Progress
Date: May 01, 2005 04:49AM
Posted by: Joeku
sorry i didnt mean it in a nasty way!

I know you just went seperate ways but reading the arguement i could see it building up!

SSorry didnt mean it to sound not very nice!

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: May 01, 2005 10:06AM
Posted by: <Maverick>
no hard feelings ;-)

Date: May 06, 2005 12:04AM
Posted by: erwin_78
First try of fixing the opengl bug with 3deditor failed, so i focused on editing again. I improved the s/f bridge

I already tried to create the grandstand roof, but i wasn't statisfied, so i started doing the roof support of the main grandstand:

It is still very in progress, because i want to match it with the roof first, before adding all the small struds of the roof support.

more to come soon...(i hope)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2005 12:08AM by erwin_78.
Date: May 06, 2005 12:12AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Fantastic work Erwin :)
Date: May 06, 2005 11:39AM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Erwin: fixing the 'bug' just need from you to remove your latest graphical card driver and reinstall an official one (71.89 one for nvidia, dunno for ATI).
(do not reinstall over the past one)

Nice work anyhow, even if first bridge has surely far too much polys :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2005 11:41AM by Lo2k.
Date: May 07, 2005 12:24AM
I think the poly count is the like the cars, it isn't that harsh. Only textures will hit the PO. So instead of creating a lot of textures which creates the look of the buildings i rather add some detail in the shape and use small textures :)

k, i will try to do so tomorrow. I hope it works so i can merge the first objects with te track! See what happens ;)
Date: May 07, 2005 12:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, that's also a reason why I released the beta track so soon ;)

Date: May 11, 2005 10:41PM
update
I hope everybody enjoyed the "beta" track. :)
Form there i have worked a lot on the heights of the track, these are now finished now more JOD's (some minor noticable bumps but thats no big deal) have been looking into exporting to 3ds for now, works nice can make a lot of difference.

things to do:
- .dat -- can be done in one or two weeks.
- .col -- needs work from laurent, can be done quite soon i guess
- .bin -- problem here, current methods is flawfull, so cant guarantee anything here.
-. gp4 -- default layout can be made quite fast, has some flaws, but those are fixable, and minor. other thing are the buildings, you may have seen some shots of erwin's modeling spree, i'll have to have some contact about how things wil go from here.

good news:
- release date changed to 29 october 2005!!
- it looks great now, and plays nice too (although i cant ride a 1.30.xx on my own track like others do) (see screenshot, no more JOD :+ )

bad news: No new beta for now ;-)

Re: Bahrain In Progress [update 11/5/05]
Date: May 11, 2005 10:55PM
Posted by: vesuvius
what no new beta??? ...just joking fantastic news :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2005 10:56PM by vesuvius.
Date: May 11, 2005 11:06PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
great news maverick!
Date: May 11, 2005 11:08PM
Posted by: smorr
looks nice,to bad Bahrain is a tough layout for me, i have played it several times in mayny games, all of them end up in confusion.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: May 12, 2005 12:05AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Amazing work, I hope 3D Editor 12.8 helps aid track editing further still but what you have acheived is fantastic.
Date: May 12, 2005 06:44AM
Posted by: mckey415
you guys deserves a MONUMENT! you really push the editing borders very far!

i don't know if someone reported this...

i had a very strange tramplin after turn 4. when i ride through it makes my car fly in the air and sometimes crash while cc cars ride like they're bolted to the tarmack. maybe it's my fault when importing files... does someone have somethink like this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: May 12, 2005 06:59AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
wow! finally getting there....track editing...:)

hard but works. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: May 12, 2005 08:42AM
@Dave, If you open one of the Bahrain objects and only import the other Bahrain objects and give them all an object name (prefered 'TRACK_';) it should run fine without all the Melbourne objects. This will remove all the trees in the track ;)
The only thing you will see is the track created by the bin-file far below the Bahrain track :)

@Constatin, yes the jump is a special fun-feature which comes with the Beta version. Hit F4, to use the force ;)
Date: May 12, 2005 08:52AM
erwin_78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Dave, If you open one of the Bahrain objects and
> only import the other Bahrain objects and give
> them all an object name (prefered 'TRACK_';) it
> should run fine without all the Melbourne objects.
> This will remove all the trees in the track
> The only thing you will see is the track created
> by the bin-file far below the Bahrain track

seriously does that work? hm, didn't know that, saves a lot of hiding objects :) i'll try it as soon as i get home from school tnx.

Date: May 12, 2005 09:56AM
Posted by: mckey415
ok thanks for answer erwin, another thing - forgot to said it last time...
cc cars are not standing on the ground, their front part is up the ground and rear is under the surface...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: May 12, 2005 11:20AM
Just curiosity... How can I have the track map as in the last picture (left-up)???
Date: May 12, 2005 11:26AM
Posted by: fongu
press 8 using gpxpatch

Date: May 12, 2005 05:57PM
thanks a lot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy