2005 : Sepang update **Physics update to be tested**

Posted by b-tone 
Re: 2005 : Sepang update
Date: March 25, 2005 04:35PM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
i have a new problem... now on the csm i have, full season - melbourne - sepang

but when i chose one of them, i start the game by csm and when i try to play, crash to desktop, and it says error whit gpxpatch...
Date: March 25, 2005 04:56PM
Posted by: b-tone
hmm, perhaps bigbrother enabled 2003 qualy rules?

____
Tony

Date: March 25, 2005 05:21PM
Posted by: Aprilliaracer
b-tone PLS CHECK YOU PM!
Date: March 25, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Yes i enabled 2003 rules in gp4tweaker cause thats more or less realistic qualifying. If you wanna change that you can do what i wrote for rapid a few pages earlier to adjust the qualifying order.
But i am going to put the right order as in real Grandprix but thats for next update!

About the your vibration of the wheel the values for that in gp4tweaker or on default so strange your wheel gets nuts héhé, i will turn it off in next update as well.

if you have graphic problems you need to recalibrate the graphic settings. You can do that ingame, options, advanced or you put you own f1graphic.cfg file into the mod!

Also the grip is set on 85 % instead of 100 %(default)

Also the fuel consumption isn't 100 % anymore its different for each driver so its possible you won't have enough fuel to end the race with the default pitstops, you always can add some fuel when you in the pits. So i recommand in practice to look how much exact fuel you use for a lap so you don't ran out but its different for each driver so ....!

Date: March 25, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
@ b-tone

Can i turn the old quali rules on ??

Magic Senna
Date: March 25, 2005 05:32PM
read my post above and go back a few pages were i explained how you can change the settings in gp4tweaker dot
Date: March 25, 2005 06:05PM
didnt realise you'd done all that steven - looks like i'll have to keep a closer eye on the staff ;-)

____
Tony

Date: March 25, 2005 06:09PM
that isn't needed tony you only had to read my readme i send you with the melbourne.bin héhé its all mentionned héhé :-)
Date: March 25, 2005 07:03PM
Posted by: drafi5
I have downloaded the Sepang Update with my modem (hard work), I tried to update
the 2005 Melbourne set with CSM 1.25 build 28 - nothing happens, took CSM 1.25
build 21 - not supported. Which version of CSM supports this update and where
can I download it ??!! Thanks in advance.

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: March 25, 2005 07:15PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
guys to change any things that gp4 tweaker utilises like 2003 qualy rules, rims colours, tcam etc. its simple.

1) copy the melbourne.bin file from C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2005\Data\Tweaker\bin and copy it to the main gp4 folder.

2) rename them to gp4tweak (you will have to move the gp4tweak already there to a different place for the moment).

3) start gp4tweaker and change what you wanna change, hit apply then close.

4) then cut the gp4tweak file back to here C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2005\Data\Tweaker\bin and rename to melbourne.bin overwriting the one already there.

5) then copy back the original gp4tweak files to the gp4 folder that you disposed of conveniently.

thats it.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 25, 2005 07:21PM
you leaned it well rapid héhé :-)
Date: March 25, 2005 07:23PM
lol yes :)

p.s. dont you feed your bird its not flapping its wings no more :)

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 25, 2005 07:35PM
Posted by: Karan19
Tony - I was just curious. If I just want to use the pitbox textures from your update, how do I manually install the pitbox tex files into your game? I dont know which wad they go into :(
Date: March 25, 2005 07:44PM
if you choose full race then all the track wads are updated with the new pitbox in 2005 order. Just when gpxpatch is launched go into your main gp4 folder and take the track wads out and place them somewhere then all the wads will have pitbox in 2005 order!
Date: March 25, 2005 08:00PM
@drafi - which windows do you have? maybe a clean install of gp4 would help if nothing else does

@Karan - do waht BB said. they are stored in the track wads, but have unique filenames (melborne2001_page_443.tex etc) csm renames and inserts them properly. although Zaz also made a pitbox patcher but not sure if it was released.
they may not work with newer tracks, as they may have remapped pitboxes. but maybe those tracks have something mentioned in the readme?

@BB - i dont read reeadmes :p - i thought it was just cams you were doing, most other things i'd already set ithink

____
Tony

Date: March 25, 2005 08:07PM
well sorry if i made it bad then!
Date: March 25, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ rapid_f1: still the same - nothing happens
@ tony: Windows XP Professional SP 2
I still reinstalled Melbourne 2005, but... CSM 1.25 build 28 works with Sepang
Update ???

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: March 25, 2005 08:37PM
what are you trying to change drafi?

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 25, 2005 09:02PM
Posted by: hojo
the CC cars need a little less power, in the corners its perfect, they just keep pullin down the straight much harder than i even can with the wings set to low
Date: March 25, 2005 09:24PM
Posted by: jpmfan
sorry to ask, is there any way i can just copy the F2004M ferrari into the game at all. i tried copying the files into the car wad but it didnt work. also when i ran the 2005 mod itself it wasnt there either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy