Sniper's 2005 Loading screens

Posted by Sniper 
Re: Sniper's 2005 Loading screens
Date: March 20, 2005 06:58PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
i would prefer a few loading screens with different cars in it then drivers but they are nice made stijn!
Date: March 20, 2005 09:18PM
Posted by: watercolours
i suggest you to make the pictures of drivers or cars (i prefer to see car pictures) more faded so that the track layout could be seen easily. for example you can make the background picture black&white.
Date: March 20, 2005 09:23PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Also i would not "crowd" the picture....that second Melbourne one looks a mess TBH.

Also on the second malaysia one, why are Alonso's legs randomly chopped off?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2005 09:28PM by 97kirkc.
Date: March 20, 2005 09:24PM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
That first one looks perfect (melbourne) And also that last one looks wery nice (malaysia)!

---
Date: March 20, 2005 09:30PM
Posted by: danm
the first one is really nice, personally i think maybe the fonts should all be kept in the same format though :S im not a fan of that malaysia text

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 20, 2005 09:34PM
Posted by: Sniper
Ok, here is the deal, I'll do it like this: a black/white car on the background, a yellow track layout and the same small font for the track names, ok? :-)

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: March 20, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
give us an example and we'll see what it gives, mayby you can do a few for each grandprix so we can choose what we want to use!
Date: March 20, 2005 09:46PM
like this??

Date: March 20, 2005 10:06PM
Posted by: danm
thats nice i like that :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: March 21, 2005 09:12AM
ok, so I'll do them all like this?

Date: March 21, 2005 10:45AM
Posted by: montana_uk
Yeah - please do them like that - Black and white background picture, so the track map is more clear and readable.
But please could you use the same style as the top of the second Melbourne screen, with the picture of Australia in the flag colours? That is a cool touch. Either just the flag (if the country shape is too difficult), or like you did for Melbourne.

BUT hopefully one driver doesn't keep winning all the races, or we could get sick and tired of seeing that person for each race that we play afterwards. If it was like last year's results, I would have to close my eyes until the race is loaded. :-)

Thanks for that though - keep up the great work.

Laters,

Montana_UK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 10:48AM by montana_uk.
Date: March 21, 2005 11:24AM
Ok, I'll upload the flags on it. You're right about the drivers.

For Melbourne I will take a Red Bull car, because they were definately the surprise over there!

But this is how Malaysia is going to be: (only the flag and the name of sepang have to be added)

Date: March 21, 2005 12:51PM
Posted by: montana_uk
That background's perfect - Alonso stands out from the rest of the picture, with him being in colour. I've always liked that effect.

Laters,

Montana_UK
Date: March 21, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: Marks
I Prefer the pictur of Trulli (the 2nd) becouse he did that ''last honour ''to his deceaced friend.
Date: March 21, 2005 05:34PM
That's true but he will be on the podium too in another race? ;-) (i hope so)

Date: March 21, 2005 07:09PM
Posted by: gap177
Hi guys,,,,,,,,I've decided to make 2 styles of loading screens.Here's what I have completed so far.

[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]

[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]
[groups.msn.com]

Glenn(Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 07:17PM by gap177.
Date: March 21, 2005 07:26PM
@Sniper,
the first one is impressive though i don't prefer such close up pilot pictures. by the way, you can choose background pictures not from glorious moments but also accidents. You can choose a fisi-webber crash or raikkonen tyre failure for malaysian gp. if it were 2004 it would be a very good background picture of raikkonen's burning engine in bahrain (though i'm a mclaren fan those fires were great). and i really suggest not coloring any part of the picture since it will eventually mix up with the map sooner or later.
ps. don't forget to credit me for giving black-white background idea ;)
Date: March 21, 2005 08:23PM
Thanks for your feedback! But I really like it this way. You have a very good point about the crashes and stuff like that!

Date: March 21, 2005 09:07PM
Here is the Melbourne one, good enough?

Date: March 21, 2005 10:33PM
hi sniper,
another suggestion... if you want to colorize some parts i suggest to make them fader. i seem insisting on this but otherwise it looks like two pictures overlapped. but if you make the background fully black-white or fader with colors it will look like a trackmap with a background picture as it is supposed to be. that's why i strongly suggest this. moreover, i recommend not to bind yourself to a single colorset for trackmaps. there can be a very cool shot which may interfere with the trackmap if you bind yourself to a single color set. and i am glad you liked those crashes and interesting moments idea (two credits now :) )

ps. i recognized why i liked the first (australia) on this page but not liked the latter two. i told one of the reasons: i think the background pictures would be better in black&white. another reason is that (i recognzied it just now). in the first preview the track graphics isn't transparent, thus looks seperate from the background picture. but in the others, it is transparent. so we have:
full black&white background, nontransparent track layout
specially colored background, transparent track layout
what we don't have is
specially colored background, nontransparent track layout

as final words:
1-personally i'd like to see cars instead of pilots
2-the track map and background pictures should look seperate this way or other. i think black&white backgrounds look good but your color edition could also be nice if you can prevent mixing of track map and the background picture.
3-though the gp info fonts and fontcolors should be standard, you can change the track map's colors in order to gain more flexibility at choosing background pictures. and if you decide to use different colors, try not to use same colors in following gp's. as a result, do it this way or other way, but keep the background and track map easily seperatable for an eye.
4-do not restrict yourself to winners, there can be very exciting accidents or passing maneuvers or etc. you may use them also.
5-that's all for the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 11:06PM by watercolours.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy