Williams FW27 (Available)

Posted by YohanFGP 
Re: Williams FW27
Date: February 04, 2005 12:46AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Yes rapid_f1 the cars are good, very good but the damage model especially lets them down and its kind of disappointing....the engine i mean is the midwing :S

The textures, again, are very good but look rushed....Im just saying its not a race and time should really be taken on a car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2005 12:49AM by 97kirkc.
Date: February 04, 2005 12:47AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to say these cars are good and your doing a
> good job for the community.....
>
>
> But if you just slowed down and took more time
> they would be much better quality, you really have
> to spend time on a car to get it perfect and very
> good quality like Six degrees, Enjonz etc.
>
>

i have to say i totally agree if you slowed down you would make better cars just look @ the CTDP cars, the 1991, 1994 and 1995 Mod Cars you will see that time adds to the quality.
I can understand why u make them quick you need to please a community that wants a 2005 Mod already but u have no obligation to and making them better should surely come first
Date: February 04, 2005 12:59AM
Posted by: intweb
Hehe, I've been working on the Arrows A18 on and off for months now!!!!
Should have the FW27 finished at BETA level in a week or so, then the FW18 for the 96 MOD, by the end of the month.

I think there is a place in the market for all carmakers. The quick guys, to put out a representation for the short-term (albeit a reduced quality car), and the longer guys to work on it and release masterpieces!!!!

I agree with you Kirk97C, but I think there is room for everyone!

:)

Steve.
Date: February 04, 2005 02:36AM
Posted by: Brasileiro
YohanFGP is Matrix !!! This is the only way...

================================================
| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Date: February 04, 2005 02:57AM
Posted by: m96maggu
I personally think it is great that Yohan is releasing these cars ultra-fast. I don't particularly care about damage models, high poly counts or perfect textures.

Also, to me it is more important to have a good looking track and since the hi-res tracks give a big PO hit, using Yohan's cars is perfect for me.

Keep it up Yohan!
Date: February 04, 2005 03:02AM
Posted by: six degrees
m96maggu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't
> particularly care about damage models, high poly
> counts or perfect textures.
>

just use the original cars then.

Date: February 04, 2005 05:03AM
Posted by: Bauley
I think his cars are amazing...I don't understand what you all are talking about. His sauber and toyota's are two of the most perfect cars i've ever seen.
Date: February 04, 2005 07:11AM
Posted by: shep34
I say that anyone who puts put good looking F1 cars should be encouraged. Who cares if there is no damage model. There are guys that do full versions of cars, with that sort of stuff included.
Yohans' cars look fine to me, so geez people - let him do his stuff!!! The cars look fine! Let him post them, and if you dont like them, dont download them!
Any car is good in my books!
Date: February 04, 2005 07:25AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Well... I respect all patch makers, but Yohan is the hell of good!

He constructs the cars with low polygons which is just perfect for my computer; furthermore, he is damn fast!

The damage modle....uhm... it is tempting, but if it gives a pressure to my computer, no thanks then ;)

After all, I am here to support what Yohan is doing!

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2005 07:29AM by ColdBlood.
Date: February 04, 2005 07:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
why do certain people always feel the need to cut others down around here?
Yohan has done some great stuff so far and i look forward to more of his work - unless of course we scare him off

gp4 is a lot more forgiving than a 4 hour 3dsmax render so how about taking what we're given (for free) and being thankful

if you want to use someones cars but have advice then dont be condesending or patronising - just offer your words as a friend and not from some self elevated god like position.

Yohan has already commented on the damage model so let it go. i personall think all damage models look pretty crap - lovely in renders of course but getting a big shunt and your sidepd comes clean off?? - never seen that in real life :|

perhaps using Yohans cas will improve your driving anyway - you'll end up doing anything to avoid seeing the cars 'bad' points ;-)

Grreat work Yohan! looking forward to more - and perhaps a 2005 set before a 2004 one ;-)

____
Tony

Date: February 04, 2005 08:37AM
Posted by: Brasileiro
Yohan, if you make all the cars I'll donwload all of them. Your cars are beautiful and it's not heavy at all, wich is perfect for my modest pc. Your Toyota and your Sauber are here waiting for the your next work.

Keep up the GREAT work man.

================================================
| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Date: February 04, 2005 09:31AM
Posted by: Norway
Thank you Yohan, great work!

Keep it up!

;-)

Date: February 04, 2005 11:25AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: February 04, 2005 01:37PM
Posted by: agent_smith
Yes Yohan ignore all the downside and keep it up man.
Your car is great and who care about damage model!!!!
Date: February 04, 2005 01:44PM
Posted by: mp4-dave
Yohan, you cars are great, the time you make them in is incredible. Don't listen to all the people knocking you, if you race with your cars and not just crash them looking for faults they are brilliant.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: February 04, 2005 03:06PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I see people on this thread seem to be blind these days but i did not critise.

I gave a compliment and added constructive critisism on how to improve on what he already has which is more than i can say for anyone else so far.

This section of the forum has really gone down hill these days. People cant give advice without being ripped to shreds.

Date: February 04, 2005 03:18PM
Posted by: intweb
I wasn't criticising either, I was simply saying that I agreed with 97Kirkc, I prefer the finely honed, Wai, Fongu, etc, etc cars.

BUT there was a need for both sorts of projects, WE all need the quicker cars to keep us going through the winter months and they are fantstic, but I will always remove them and install a highly polished, high-detail version.

So to reiterate 97Kirkc, Yohan is incredibly quick and very skilled at creating cars, I for one will be downloading his cars. But I also await a high-detail version of the Toyota and Sauber as you can damnwell bet your hat that I'll download them as well :)

So please, lets not make an argument here guys.

Finally a question for Yohan....

Will you be releasing a damage model / high-res version of your cars? You are very skilled and they would be well received!!!!

Steve.
Date: February 04, 2005 03:23PM
Posted by: m96maggu
I for one am not complaining about people sharing their opinions and constructive critisicm, just wanted to show my support for the way Yohan is doing his thing.
:)
Date: February 04, 2005 03:39PM
Posted by: Odor
I think that damage models and high-res versions are specialities of other shapers (Enzojz, Dahie a.s.o.). Yohan's speciality is speed.

I like Yohan's work more, as I have a low performance PC and I'm a little bit impatient.
Others may prefer better damage models - they will have to wait a few months longer.
No need to argue... or to force Yohan to do it the same way as the other shapers.
Date: February 04, 2005 04:00PM
Posted by: ross111r
Funny how things change, i came across an old thread earlier here's a nice little quote:

"Re: About new F2003GA , C22 , MP4-17D , MP4-18 , FW25 , R23 , TF103 AND BAR005
Posted by: b-tone (IP Logged)
Date: August 15, 2003 09:58AM

i think the current 2003 cars are fine. a few look a bit off in tcam, but itherwise fine.
and i'd not bother without the damage."

Back then it seems, Viper/Enzojz would be crazy to release a car without a damage model, but Yohan is to be praised for it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy