Do you play with rain on or Off???

Posted by RenaultFan 
Do you play with rain on or Off???
Date: January 27, 2005 12:38AM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Hey guys

Just wondering, Do you play with rain on or off? If you play with it on what do you set the chance of rain at? I think the 50% chance is way to high. What would be a more realistic percentage?

Jeremy
Re: Do you play with rain on or Off???
Date: January 27, 2005 12:47AM
Posted by: sadler
I used to put it on realistic weather but i always struggled in the wet (set up problems) I now put it on 1% to run in the dry with the outside chance of rain.
Date: January 27, 2005 01:27AM
Posted by: bod
i play with rain set at 20% i struggle somtimes but its great fun : )
Date: January 27, 2005 02:11AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
That´s a very good question, I used to set the weather on 17%, but all the sesions always are dry with this value. Using 18% rains too many times, this issue in Gp4 is a bit poor :-/

BTW it is possible to change the weather parameter on the *.ch* saved sessions?. It would be great to change that to set the weather as the reality.

I mailed to Alessandro Carrera, who handle *.ch* files some months ago, but I didn´t have no response

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2005 02:15AM by Borjaserrano.
Date: January 27, 2005 03:04AM
Posted by: Brasileiro
I don't like the realistic weather because there is no sense. Sometimes It's rainning on friday, sun on saturday and rain on sunday. Not that this doesn't exist, but this happens all the time. Sometimes you practice a lot on rain an them on satursay and sunday the sun shines. There should be a prevision for the hole weekend.

It's a shame because the gp 4's wet graphics are great.

================================================
| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2005 03:06AM by Brasileiro.
Date: January 27, 2005 06:19AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I play with realistic wet conditions. Based on last year`s condidions i made chances to the track files. All between 1 and 40% is possible...

Think it makes more fun not to know what happens next.
Date: January 27, 2005 07:04AM
Posted by: Palomino
its impossible to keep up on the keyboard in the wet....so i cant stand the rain, with the wheel and pedals its a different story.

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: January 27, 2005 08:40AM
Posted by: Brasileiro
Palomino Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its impossible to keep up on the keyboard in the
> wet....so i cant stand the rain, with the wheel
> and pedals its a different story.
>
>
>

not that different my friend, not that different... =D

================================================
| Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.8ghz | 1024mb Ram DDR 400 Kingston | Geforce 6600GT XFX ViVo | ASUS A7N8X-X | HD 80gb Maxtor | SevenTeam 350w | LCD LG 17'| Genius Force Feedback Speed Wheel |

Date: January 27, 2005 08:58AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
i have it on realistic weather, i am a demon in the wet, even if i dont have a setup come raceday

Date: January 27, 2005 09:04AM
Posted by: chet
20%. hate wet racing, always win or loose. depending if i set car up right

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 27, 2005 11:02AM
Posted by: fongu
i find wet easy, altho sometimes i do make those silly errors and spin around for a good hour trying to recover!

Date: January 27, 2005 11:11AM
Posted by: vesuvius
I sometimes win to easily when it's wet race but I like wet races because GP4 have good wet graphics.I think that whit magic data you could edit the rain percentage for each track.
Date: January 27, 2005 11:18AM
Posted by: b-tone
i crash at turn 1 in wet races, but usually struggle to finish a lap in dry anyway :P

____
Tony

Date: January 27, 2005 11:22AM
Posted by: fongu
Tony i think anyone running at 14fps will crash that often ;)

Date: January 27, 2005 01:49PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think that whit magic data you could
> edit the rain percentage for each track.

Yes, with magic files you can change the "rain chance", but, I don´t know how this parameter affects to the weather, because if I set the possibility of rain at 17%, never rains, in spite of I set the "rain chance" value very highly.

Date: January 27, 2005 02:01PM
Posted by: Sniper
I think it's tough to do constant lap times in the rain but it's fun :-)

Check out our website: www.heikkikovalainen.net
Date: January 27, 2005 03:43PM
Posted by: anze89
I have realistic weather on, and when it rains it's time for my ''show''. I don't know about you guys, but CC can't come even near me if it's raining. In seven laps of Brazil (original, not edited game) I've beaten the second guy for more than 20 seconds and AI was set to pro level and in 1988 mod on pro level in Imola for 30 seconds. But you really have ''to be there'' for all race because if you lose your concentration (speeling) you spin very quickly.

Date: January 27, 2005 04:03PM
Posted by: kimirgj
i have the rain on realistic, i play on ace and im normally top 6 in the rain. keyboard play (which i use) in the wet is really hard but not impossible, i really hate the wet at circuits im not good at in the dry but the ones that i am good at a do well, the hardest bit is the accelerating, as u cant control the throttle, is is either on or off!!!

anze89, do u use a steering wheel and pedals???
Date: January 27, 2005 04:28PM
Posted by: anze89
yes, I have logitech momo racing

Date: January 27, 2005 05:54PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
i find keyboard is easier in the wet, cos you can get from lock to lock at the touch of a button, i know what you mean anze about being way too fast for the pack, i lapped the field on semi pro at brazil at a time when i was struggling to compete in the dry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy