Need some suggestions (fictional car)

Posted by Sniper 
Re: Need some suggestions (fictional car)
Date: January 23, 2005 05:53PM
Posted by: smorr
i cant either, which really sucks. the whole template car vs real car is never going to be solved. i think the people who do the real cars do a good job, but a real car is a real car, there is no creativity on it, it is just a giant billboard for its sponsors, with a fictional you can do anything, there is creativity.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: January 23, 2005 06:08PM
Posted by: sasjag
i'm indifferent to fantasy vs real, i liek doing some fantasy, and i like doing some real, theres a lot of skill involved in both. with fantasy its gotta look professional and realistic, and with real its gotta look accurate, which aint always easy, especially with some of the more complicated designs

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 23, 2005 07:28PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > i'll take 'D. Somewhat or entirely disagree' with
> Max's comments about reproducing. my aim is to
> reproduce the entire thing called f1 for gp4.
> making an old car doesnt show any less imagination
> or creativity compared to a fantasy car. i'm quite
> sick of fantasy cars and too many people grab a
> template throw brandsofthewrold.com at it and see
> what happens. at least with reprducing old stuff
> you have a clear goal to work towards and the
> satisfaction when you get there (or close enough
> :P) is more than i ever got with fantasy cars - i
> do still highly value my 4th place in the orignal
> quest though

Everybody should do what provides a kick for them, whether it's shaping, painting (f1 or fantasy) or hotlapping. That's the beauty of this community, people get together in their love for the game and create great things for us all to enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: January 23, 2005 07:37PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Max u may have taken what i said wrong but i stand by my comments which say "i dont like the shape so i cant really judge"

there is nothing at all wrong with templates i still use them and as long as the shape is nice (e.g. Ryukka F1 or BAR 006) i will still paint on them but when a template cars gets 100 replies and a fabulously recreated car like Tis's Brabham only gets 13 obviously you are not gonna be happy.
Each and every person has their own skill as you said but still i believe this to be wrong. People flood the forum with "my new car" but why cant they register @ gpxcarpainting and get expert feedback from members there (dont count the fact that i havent posted at the site for a good 2 months or so ;)), look @ the 1991, 1994 and 1995 Websites completly abandoned only when one needs help will they bother visiting. That is what i percieve as bad and some of it reverberates from templates...

nonetheless good luck with the car.
Date: January 23, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: ralphi
the 95 site isn't abandond.. i'm there everysingle day... we just don't have stuff to post cuz things are going slooow :|

Date: January 23, 2005 08:19PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
If i misunderstood, please inform me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: January 23, 2005 08:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
the 95 site isn't abandond.. i'm there everysingle day... we just don't have stuff to post cuz things are going slooow :|

what you mean slow?? the beta is out and i aint had hardly any feedback - dont tell me we got it perfect first time :p

____
Tony

Date: January 23, 2005 09:06PM
well ok the past few days have been kinda fast but other then that we've had the same news since we started :P

Date: January 23, 2005 09:15PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
no i mean by the main stream people :P
i mean there are plenty of people on this board who are always asking "hows the progress going and words of that ilk" why not go to the site, register and find out. :)
Date: January 23, 2005 09:27PM
ohh.. now i get what your saying >_<

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy