Post here your helmets other wise Ralphi will KILL you ! :(

Posted by Iceman-Kimi 
If you load up GP4-master and load the helmet textures from the game, and they still look like the old ones, then you haven't installed the new ones yet. You need to make sure that they are in fact actually replaced. Once you load the in game helmets and they look as you want them to, then they will show up in the game.

Alternately, you have installed a new helmet shape that calls on textures that have a different set of names. So it will always call a different set than those you installed. That can be fixed by renaming the textures called with a nifty lil' util (I cannot remember the name) made by Lo2K.

The same thing can happen when you install a new carshape. Lets say you replace a Williams shape with a custom Audi shape. The old shape might call a texture set named "Williams_something_something.tex". The new Audi shape calls textures named "Audi_something_something.tex". You can replace the Williams textures all you want, but they won't show up, since the Audi shape calls a different set of textures.

Also, do be aware that not all textures fit all shapes. So you might get a texture made for a BAR on a Williams car, but it will look terrible, since they don't fit.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
i have renamed the files then puyt them in using GP4master
Do you click the "save tex file" option once you have replaced the files? Coz if you don't, nothing is saved, and nothing happens.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2005 06:50PM by Morbid.
yeah they saved coz even when i load them back up from the cars.wad (wait do i need to compress it back to wad
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy