Re: Shaper Needed for realgp4.tk
Date: January 18, 2005 08:09PM
Posted by: kizz360
my contribution

a 10 min attempt at a chrome trulli helmet made from photos

Date: January 18, 2005 08:17PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
updated the list with the changes to the tyres and engines and launch dates.
Good helmet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2005 08:24PM by SHEEPY.
Date: January 18, 2005 08:25PM
The following regulations will apply to the 2005 Formula 1 Season:

Engines:

Each engine must last for two complete Events.

From the 2005 Formula 1 Sporting Regulations:

Spare Cars and Engines
85) Each driver may use no more than one engine for two consecutive Events. Should it become necessary for a driver to use another engine he will drop ten places on the starting grid at that Event and may not use another engine until the end of the next Event. Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first of the two Events may start the second with a different engine without incurring a penalty.
However, should an engine change be carried out after the first qualifying practice session but before the race at either of the two Events, any drivers concerned will be required to start the relevant race from the back of the starting grid in accordance with Article 126.
After consultation with the relevant engine supplier the FIA will attach seals to each engine in order to ensure that no significant moving parts can be rebuilt or replaced. Following the first of the two Events further seals will be applied in order to ensure that the engine cannot be run until the second Event unless it is installed in the car concerned.
Other than the straightforward replacement of one engine unit with another, a change will also be deemed to have taken place if any of the FIA seals are damaged or removed from the original engine after it has been used for the first time.

Tyres:

One set of tyres must complete qualifying and the race.

74) Quantity and type of tyres
a) During the Event no driver may use more than four sets of dry-weather tyres, four sets of wet weather tyres and three sets of extreme-weather tyres.
If a driver change is made during an Event the tyres allocated to the original driver must be used by the new driver.
From the four sets of dry-weather tyres each driver will be allocated two sets of differing specification for use on the first day of practice.
For the purposes of the above a set of tyres will be deemed to comprise two front and two rear tyres of the same specification.
Before 08.00 (or 07.00 during Events taking place in North America) on the second day of practice each driver must nominate which specification of tyre he will use for the remainder of the Event. However, if both free practice sessions on the first day of practice are declared wet this decision may be deferred until 12.00 (or 11.00 during Events taking place in North America).
Unless the use of wet or extreme-weather tyres is necessary one of the remaining unused sets of dry-weather tyres must be used for both of the qualifying sessions, all reconnaissance laps and the entire race. Unless a precautionary tyre change is necessary for clear and genuine safety reasons, only a punctured or damaged tyre may be changed during a race. No refuelling will be permitted whilst a car is in the pits for the purposes of changing a tyre.

Aerodynamics:

Bodywork Changes to the bodywork (aerodynamics) to raise the front wing, bring the rear wing forward, reduce the diffuser height and cut back the bodywork in front of the rear wheels.

3.7 Front bodywork height
3.7.1 All bodywork situated forward of a point lying 330mm behind the front wheel centre line, and more than 250mm from the centre line of the car, must be no less than 150mm and no more than 350mm above the reference plane.
3.7.2 All bodywork situated forward of the front wheel centre line must be no less than 50mm above the reference plane.
3.8 Bodywork in front of the rear wheels
3.8.4 With the rear wheels removed and when viewed from above, no bodywork more than 500mm from the car centre line may lie between the rear wheel centre line and a point 400mm forward of it. Any bodywork forming the forward inner corner of these areas may have a radius no greater than 140mm.
3.10 Height behind the rear wheel centre line
3.10.1 Any part of the car behind the centre line of the rear wheels must not be more than 800mm above the reference plane.
3.10.2 No bodywork behind the centre line of the rear wheels, and more than 150mm each side of the longitudinal centre line of the car, may be less than 300mm above the reference plane.
3.10.3 Any bodywork more than 150mm behind the rear wheel centre line which is between 300mm and 600mm above the reference plane, and between 75mm and 480mm from the car centre line, must lie in an area when viewed from the side of the car that is situated between 300mm and 375mm above the reference plane and between 150mm and 500mm behind the rear wheel centre line. When viewed from the side of the car no longitudinal cross section may have more than one closed section in the lower area.
Any bodywork behind the rear wheel centre line which is more than 375mm above the reference plane, and between 75mm and 480mm from the car centre line, must lie in an area when viewed from the side of the car that is situated between 600mm and 800mm above the reference plane and between the rear wheel centre line and a point 350mm behind it. When viewed from the side of the car, no longitudinal cross section may have more than two closed sections in the upper area. Furthermore, the distance between adjacent sections at any longitudinal plane must not exceed 15mm at their closest position.

In side view, the projected area of any bodywork lying between 300mm and 800mm above the reference plane and between the rear wheel centre line and a point 600mm behind it must be greater than 230000mm².

3.12 Bodywork facing the ground

3.12.6 To help overcome any possible manufacturing problems, and not to permit any design which may contravene any part of these regulations, dimensional tolerances are permitted on bodywork situated between a point lying 330mm behind the front wheel centre line and the rear wheel centre line. A vertical tolerance of +/- 5mm is permissible across the surfaces lying on the reference and step planes and a horizontal tolerance of 5mm is permitted when assessing whether a surface is visible from beneath the car.

3.12.7 No bodywork more than 150mm from the car centre line, which is visible from beneath the car and which lies between the rear wheel centre line and a point 330mm forward of it may be more than 125mm above the reference plane. Any intersection of the surfaces in this area with a lateral or longitudinal vertical plane should form one continuous line which is visible from beneath the car. Additionally, any bodywork in this area must produce uniform, solid, hard, continuous, rigid (no degree of freedom in relation to the body/chassis unit), impervious surfaces under all circumstances.

2005 Formula 1 Qualifying System

Saturday Afternoon Session (13:00 to 14:00 )

Single lap qualifying with the cars going out in the reverse order of their finishing positions at the previous race.
No restrictions on fuel load

Sunday Morning Session (10:00 to 11:00 )

Single lap qualifying with the cars going out in the reverse order of the qualifying on Saturday (fastest car on Saturday goes out last on Sunday)
Session to run with race fuel load. (no refuelling allowed prior to the start of the race)

Times from the two sessions are added and the grid is determined with the shortest aggregate time on pole.
Date: January 18, 2005 08:49PM
is this the new williams
Date: January 18, 2005 08:54PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Lol - thats stupid - sorry guys but thats it.

First - anybody who thinks thar shaping is learnable in 2 or 3 days - try it but you`ll see that it takes months to get real good cars (like bojan, viper, erics or schröders...)

Next - i need a shape - we have ...... - you`ve nothing i think.

Last - why only releasing on your site? That`s the stupiest thing of all...

And by the way: No thats not the new williams. If you are interested only a little bit in f1, you`ll know that williams will show us the new car january 31st.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2005 08:56PM by SchimmyMike.
Date: January 18, 2005 08:57PM
[www.f1central.net]

hes a dirct link to it its the new livery
Date: January 18, 2005 09:26PM
Posted by: intweb
Hi,
I said I was interested in helping shape, but actually if you're only releasing from your site, I'll have to decline.

I don't think it's a good idea limiting downloads to one site - it goes against the ethos behind the community to share (as long as permission is granted), personally I am happy for anyone to upload my shapes as long as they are intact. I believe the FW26B & C are both being converted to F1C as we speak!

Sorry, but that's just the way I feel.

Good luck though.
Steve.
Date: January 18, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: Button14
man this is getting out of hand and quite frankly alot of people have had enough and people just dont seem to get how the whole thing works.

U CANT JUST DEMAND CARS AND MODS AND STUFF, U CAN NOT LEARN TO SHAPE A CAR IN 3 DAYS!!!!!!!

this may seem agressive and sorry to post it in this thead but this is really getting to me and im sure alot of others, if people keep using the forum in this way gp4 will die, and more gr8 modders will be driven away beacsue of it. We have already lost people like WAi and im sure more will go to!!

Date: January 19, 2005 12:32AM
Posted by: intweb
Button14, am with you :)
Date: January 19, 2005 12:34AM
Posted by: Button14
thanx steve i am glad u agree

Date: January 19, 2005 12:55AM
Posted by: ralphi
well said... harsh but fair =)

Date: January 19, 2005 07:02AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Button14 , intweb and ralphi are all right

Date: January 19, 2005 09:11AM
Posted by: chet
too true.

just ppl stop demanding cars and mods etc they will cum

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 19, 2005 12:30PM
Posted by: Marclaren
That's why im asking, i can't just learn and do gtreat cars can i?

Date: January 19, 2005 01:08PM
Posted by: six degrees
you can at least try....

I got fed up with thinking "I wish I could do that...." so I opened up zm, got a few tutorials and here we are.. just give it a go.

oh and for the record, I'll be incredibly surprised if you 'get' anyone, since you're trying to make things exclusive to a website which has no standing in the community whatsoever.
Date: January 19, 2005 01:13PM
Posted by: b-tone
its sort of surprisingly easy - i got sick of just painting so found a tutorial and only read the first 2 or 3 points before getting stuck in.

insteead of going for the whole pie how about just take a few nibbles first - making a full mod is a huge job - thousands of hours work - and like 6deg says, the exclusivity thing aint so grand

____
Tony

Date: January 19, 2005 01:38PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
> oh and for the record, I'll be incredibly
> surprised if you 'get' anyone, since you're trying
> to make things exclusive to a website which has no
> standing in the community whatsoever.

I would help with the helmets but this is the problem

Date: January 19, 2005 02:10PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
I have to say i dont visit this forum as often as i used to anymore. After getting fed up of the stupid n00b threads and "w00t w00t look at my super template!!!!!!!!11111twothree" threads and then the "I want 05 now" threads appearing literally minutes after one car has been launched you come across this....and believe me.....this is probably the worst thread i have ever read in recent times....and i think its bloody disgusting and am trully fed up of all of this.

Date: January 19, 2005 02:12PM
Posted by: six degrees
*applauds*
Date: January 19, 2005 03:06PM
Posted by: ralphi
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to say i dont visit this forum as often as
> i used to anymore. After getting fed up of the
> stupid n00b threads and "w00t w00t look at my
> super template!!!!!!!!11111twothree" threads and
> then the "I want 05 now" threads appearing
> literally minutes after one car has been launched
> you come across this....and believe me.....this is
> probably the worst thread i have ever read in
> recent times....and i think its bloody disgusting
> and am trully fed up of all of this.

here here...

i've also stoped reading this forum just becouse of that.. i used to come here all the time... now... meh..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy