Adding new carshapes and textures to the cars.wad....

Posted by shep34 
Adding new carshapes and textures to the cars.wad....
Date: January 14, 2005 02:17PM
Posted by: shep34
Thought i would post this, as it was something that had been causing me lots of trouble for a long time!
I have never had much luck with installing new cars and their textures into GP4. This has been going on since the day i got the game, probably about a year ago??? I had downloaded about every single editor, and toyed with them all to get things working the way they should!
Now, i had read many times DO NOT RE-NAME the tex files, so i didnt. But, i was still having no luck with getting tex files to appear on the cars, as they should. Sometimes the tex files were messing up cars totally different to the ones they should have been on....
Tonight, i was giving myself one final chance at figuring out this major drama! After careful installing, re-naming of carshapes to get a nice 2005 constructors order, i found things to be still haywire in the game.
So, i just happened to load TeamEditor3, and had a look at the carshape menu in there. I noticed i had the carshapes listed in 2004 order....

This meant, that every time i tried to rename for eg the Mclaren to go into the BAR slot, the tex files were getting mixed up, and this was happening to every car! So, after i "told" TeamEditor3 to have the carshapes listed as the original 2001 order, who would have imagined what the result was!!!!
A perfect 2005 lineup now sits in my cars wad!

The frustration this has caused me for over a year, and the answer was so simple! Hopefully this little rant of mine may help others, if they have troubles similar to mine.....!!! lol
Re: Adding new carshapes and textures to the cars.wad....
Date: January 14, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
after a bit of practice, its will all make itself clear. its very basic really once you get the hang of which LOD files to use, and how to rename them to change slots in the car.

we've all been there mate, but glad you got it sorted.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Glad you got it sorted!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2005 04:45PM by Razorsedge.
Re: Adding new carshapes and textures to the cars.wad....
Date: January 14, 2005 10:28PM
Posted by: shep34
I think i always knew how to do it, but at some point, i must have used Team Editor to tell my cars wad to swap the carshapes around, so ever since i did that, things had been messed up! LOL! All fixed now, so hopefully i never have any troube like that again! lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy