Help! Prevent me from going back to F1C!!

Posted by Guimengo 
Help! Prevent me from going back to F1C!!
Date: January 10, 2005 02:04AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I have a problem with my GP4 recently... it is reaching 230+ PO for several seconds, at random times. It did that first time I had installed Dahie's MAD shape to see my car, and ever since it's been truly, a bitch .

It's very annoying, and have uninstalled GP4 and reinstalled it already. It's still under the same drivers I had when it was all nice and cool. Help?

I know it is nothing to do with any shape or whatever, as I have a fresh install. I managed to play it running at 80-90 PO in rainy Silverstone for about 20s, but then the slowness kicked in :(. PO = 350+ somehow.

It has nothing to do with how my graphics are setup, I had them higher and it was perfect some time ago (with 2004 cars and hi-res helmets), but now it is killing me, and I know nothing more than checking the files in the GP4 folder and searching for probs somewhere else, but I probably miss a lot and don't know what to do :(

Help is very appreciated!

ps: comic relief - 1994 mod for F1C is not bad, and I got to grips with RH 2004, at least now I can play something ;)
Re: Help! Prevent me from going back to F1C!!
Date: January 10, 2005 02:13AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
what is your specs (inc motherboard and motherboard chipset)? then maybe I can help.

H E L L O
Date: January 10, 2005 02:19AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Quick someone hold him down while I get the Forum Gun.
Date: January 10, 2005 02:23AM
Pentium IV 2.67 GHz, 512 ram, 27 gig HD, Intel Mobile chipset A25 (or A02-04), 32mb Ati Radeon Mobility 7500.

Don't laugh at the card, it runs the game pretty ok :P
Date: January 10, 2005 02:24AM
not a bad card for a laptop. Provided that's what you've got it in.
Date: January 10, 2005 02:38AM
it runs GP4 at an acceptable level of details (or lack of them), but for everything else besides games with graphical demands, it is a fantastic machine!

Except that I've had some issues with it before, and cannot contact Dell at the moment, so I am hoping someone can clarify the situation for me. And just so you all know, F1C runs great, Photoshop too, and I am not sure, but I don't think my Super 1 Karting Championship has problems. Z-Modeler had very small "jumps" when I was zooming in on a helmet, as if the FPS was below 24. Besides that, GP4 is the only program that is causing problems.
Date: January 10, 2005 10:13AM
eww it's a Dell one - that's bad as aparently you can't really upgrade them, and you have to get special "Dell parts" if you do. I can send you a cfg I made a while back if you would like, it is a good compromised cfg imho - I was using it when my game was fooked, mainly because nforce drivers installed sometihng dodgy.

Anyway, pm me with your msn or something :)

H E L L O
Date: January 10, 2005 11:58AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
bloody hell, that on a laptop...you got da cash!

My laptop is from 1994, i dont wanna post the specs, id start crying !
Date: January 10, 2005 12:09PM
I personally don't think laptops are really worth it :D

H E L L O
Date: January 10, 2005 12:54PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Did you checked no intrusive background app is running and causing hard drive access...like a firewall, an internet download manager, an anti-virus program and so on ?

Date: January 10, 2005 02:10PM
Posted by: Joeku
yea i know all about dells bough sum memory didnt bloody work need to get sum different ram cause dell is sensitive and cant use backward compatible ram
lump of crap *kicks his desktop*
Date: January 10, 2005 04:10PM
Ok, let me see if I can cover all the areas :):

Daniel, click on my name and it will have my msn. If it is messed up by any chance, it is my nickame on this forum @hotmail.com. But I doubt it would be the graphics file, mine works until the issue kicks in.

Laptops are expensive, this one I got on the last day of a deal that they had many free upgrades, so I saved a good amount of my dad's pocket. Cost US$1287, and I have a backpack to carry it included :P.

In my situation it is better than having a desktop. I can use it at my uni, as well as bring home, and in my trips too. If it wasn't for uni, it would have been a desktop. And yes, Dell is a bitch about upgrades. To upgrade my card I'd have to do some work, but Ian Woollam helped me find a card (64mb ATi Mobility 9000) that fits it, but it is expensive on e-bay (only place I could find).

And also, never again I will buy a Dell :)
Date: January 10, 2005 04:32PM
Posted by: Stan
dude u got a dell thats the problem ;)

Date: January 10, 2005 04:35PM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
Try to update the graphics card and Motherboard drivers.
I had a similar problem some time ago because I forgot to update the motherboard drivers ;) and the PO inrace was above 300!!
Date: January 10, 2005 05:02PM
it is all updated, that's the crazy thing :\. I even installed Omega drivers, and Dell themselves updated the motherboard for me, when I sent my lappie to them.
Date: January 10, 2005 10:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
above 300? my PC had come up with 1021 once. Then it froze, lol

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 11, 2005 03:24AM
It hit 2400 once, at Silverstone o_O

I was doing a quickrace today, in rainy Monza. The grid at the start (I have the default position set at 6) had PO of 60!! But soon after, the problem kicked in hot PO was 230...even more sometimes :(
Date: January 11, 2005 03:34AM
It has to be something running in the background. Haven't run any weird programs lately? You've done a virus scan? Spybot, Adaware, etc?
Date: January 11, 2005 03:48AM
yeah, no viruses or anything, just deleted something on spybot though, will have to recheck. I hope that was it... but still, thanks to all who helped :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy