GP4 Crashing

Posted by SchueyFan 
GP4 Crashing
Date: December 17, 2004 05:09AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
My GP4 has been crashing, so I emailed SDI with my log file and he said that this line could be the reason:

*** collision file not found in CreateCarCollisionData()

I searched the forums, and the only advice i found was to check I had the cc_mesh.cm file in my cars.wad. I do, so what would be any other advice? Or at least what would be causing it. (ie a car or track) My GP4 has been working perfectly before this. It happens with GPxPatch 3.91 and 3.83, when loading through GPxPatch, GP4Tweaker and gp4.exe and i have GP4 1.00.
Would there be any other way except for a re-install

Thanks In Advance

X (@ed24f1)
Re: GP4 Crashing
Date: December 17, 2004 05:36AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
have u changed anything ?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 17, 2004 09:27AM
downloaded Intweb's Williams but only installed one version. That's the only thing i've installed lately. The Last time i can remember it working was the 7th December, and i didn't use it for a few days, and then i went on holiday, and when I got back it didn't work. When I got back, the only things i downloaded were:
Intweb's 5 Versions of the Williams
MDBSnake's Red Bull Pitcrew and Williams/Ferrari/McLaren/Renault Helmets
GPxPatch 3.91
2005 Team Art by Aldo Castillo

The only one i installed was GPxPatch3.91 but it doesn't work with 3.83 either

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 17, 2004 11:53AM
Posted by: Lo2k
You can maybe try to replace your actual cars.wad with a backup of the original one (at least for a testing purpose) and you will know if it comes from cars (99% sure) or tracks.

Date: December 17, 2004 12:39PM
Posted by: Atomik
If you are using Windows XP and HT Processor, make sure you select CPU 0 in GPxPatch, and not ALL CPU in the selection box. It took me a decade before I knew that was causing my GP4 to crash back to WinXP desktop all the time !

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: December 17, 2004 09:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, HT is a major matter but it never causes "collision file not found in CreateCarCollisionData() " error at my known.

Date: December 19, 2004 03:49AM
i haven't got my original cars.wad Is there one from download, or do i just reinstall to a different folder and then use it
Thanks for the help

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 19, 2004 08:08AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
It's on the CD. I hope you're running a legal version of the game.
Date: December 21, 2004 03:49AM
yep, i didn't think of that, sorry

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 28, 2004 08:31AM
fixed problem. re-installed then copied all of my all files into the newly-installed game

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy