How do I install the .TGA helmets???

Posted by JPMrules 
How do I install the .TGA helmets???
Date: December 16, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: JPMrules
I tried to install the helmets by using the Helmets editor, but it doesn't work right. The textures are too large for the editor.
What tool should I use to install those awesome hi-res helmets? (The .TGA files)
Re: How do I install the .TGA helmets???
Date: December 16, 2004 12:55AM
Posted by: Muks_C
use GP4Master.

Go to Editors > Workshops > TEX Workshop, then load up the tex file of the helmet you want to change (e.g Driver12_1), then click on 'Replace Selected File, and load u the new tga, then click 'downsample (to make sure you get the smaller versions), then click 'Save TEX file' and overwrite the one you loaded up.

Then recompile the wad.

it should then appear in-game.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 16, 2004 10:55AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
then be a jerk and say...

SEAAARRCCHHH BUTTTOOONNN

this post was bought to yhou by spaceage :P

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 16, 2004 01:50PM
Posted by: intweb
Hey SpaceAce,
I just wrote a lengthy reply to your testing query, wish I hadn't now! BE NICE! After all - it's Christmas.

JPMRules, any probs - give me a mail.

Steve.
Date: December 17, 2004 12:20AM
Posted by: JPMrules
In fact, I followed your instructions but it didn't work out. I'm not good at this stuff so I would really appreciate it if someone would explain me step by step how to install hi res helmets using GP4 Master
Date: December 17, 2004 12:28AM
Posted by: RobertYull
Hi there,

I´m going to try it also, right now!
I found a text file with GP4Master and it´s called HOWTO read this one and It should work!

I´m using GP4Gamers.nl 2003 seasonpack and I wonder if it´s going to work also with this pack!!

I´ll Inform u as soon as possible okay!

Bye for now.... ;-)

Competing in Formula 1 for several years has definitely influenced my Personality; I am constantly searching for perfection. If you want to be succesful, you have to be determined, push yourself to the limit and give your best

Ayrton Senna da Silva
Date: December 17, 2004 01:05AM
Posted by: _tux_

then be a jerk and say...

SEAAARRCCHHH BUTTTOOONNN

thats getting really old REALLY FAST

stop beeing an @#$%& and either be polite or actually search and post the results
Date: December 17, 2004 02:36AM
Posted by: RobertYull
Listen PAL, I really don´t know what u are talking about????

Help us or get lost!

Thanks...

Competing in Formula 1 for several years has definitely influenced my Personality; I am constantly searching for perfection. If you want to be succesful, you have to be determined, push yourself to the limit and give your best

Ayrton Senna da Silva
Date: December 17, 2004 03:00AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
@jon sir
if it takes me to go and use the search button and i find something, why cant the person that requires the information find it? Do u remeber all the stink that was caused when a lot of peeople started bagging n00bs for the non-use of the search button? they seem to have all shutup because dictators in this "community place" expect all people to drop when someone asks.. how do i drop? It isnt hard to use the search button especially since a lot of problems/help has already been delt with numerous times. This is my opinion, i dont believe anyone needs to be persuaded by this...

@intweb
Merry Christmas to you then :)

@Robet Yull

If your post was directed at me.. im talking about using the search button.. For all those playing at home... the search button is located on the "Goto:" bar and is the third selction across:
Goto: Forum List

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: December 17, 2004 03:09AM
Posted by: Briere
and dont forget :

13. If you're using 1024x256 textures, get TexResizer on [www.realgpx.com] and open the tex file and resize to 1024x256 if it's not already done :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy