NT Races

Posted by smorr 
NT Races
Date: December 07, 2004 02:40AM
Posted by: smorr
a few questions.
1) which races are they?
2) why dosen a team like ferrari use vodafone on the engine cover instead of just a white rectangle? wouldnt promoting something with a logo make more sense than a white rectangle? i am not talking about just ferrari.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Re: NT Races
Date: December 07, 2004 02:44AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
1) I can only remember France and Britain ATM...suprisingly, Australia has banned all forms of tobacco advertising, but lifts the ban only for the F1GP and the MotoGP..weird.
Date: December 07, 2004 03:57AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Well thank god belgium did lift that rule too just for formule 1 are it wouldn't have been on the calender in 2004. I don't think advertising on the car will put people on the idea of getting started with smoking. You do it or you don't in my opinion.

They don't put a logo on the cover cause marlboro has paid that spot and will keep it even if they are not allowed to but logo's there from marlboro but they think everyone knows the colors of marlboro, red and white!

Still i like the cars much better with logo's and sponsors on it so that tabacco rule is just stupid in my opinion!
Date: December 07, 2004 04:35AM
Posted by: Briere
Canada
USA
France
UK

I hope it helps :)
Date: December 07, 2004 07:26AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
USA is only NT for some teams. Because companies are allowed one sponsorship in the USA, so Lucky Strike (Kool) and Marlboro are used in IRL and Jordan is NT too.
So McLaren and Renault are Tobacco.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 07, 2004 07:53AM
Posted by: b-tone
italy bans tobacoo sponsoring but the teams choose to pay the fine

____
Tony

Date: December 07, 2004 11:07PM
whys jordan NT? there isnt a benson and hedges race car in the united states, and i watch pretty much every form of racing, or are they like lucky strike and tied to another brand?

Date: December 07, 2004 11:35PM
Posted by: MLAM
I think they ran with there alternate brand Sorbranie this year at USA and a few other GP's but in the past they had to make it non tobbaco with there methods
Date: December 08, 2004 12:34AM
Posted by: Muks_C
as Bigbrother said, the engine cover is paid for by marlboro, so another sponsor can't take that place for NT races, unless an agreement is made where Marlboro get a refund for their sponsorship, but changing sponsors might constitute a radical livery change, which is not allowed. a car has to be generally the same through the year.

also, those who follow F1 regularly will know that there should be a 'Marlboro' logo on the engine cover when they see the white engine cover at an NT race, so the advertising is still effective. the red and white still suggests Marlboro, even if the letters of the word are not there.

for an NT race, to remove this suggestive advertising of marlboro, they should have a completely red engine cover, without the white.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: December 08, 2004 02:35AM
Posted by: Vader
Hello smorr!

I send you a Personal Message (PM).

Please read. Thanks.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 08, 2004 02:38AM
sorry, the sig is fixed.

Date: December 08, 2004 02:53AM
Posted by: Vader
Cool! Thanks for your quick response!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy