Problems in game

Posted by whutom 
Problems in game
Date: December 05, 2004 08:39PM
Posted by: whutom
I have recently had alot of problems with GP4, whenever im doing any sort of racing it just suddenly slows right down and does like 1 frame every 2 seconds and it all ends up crashing. This only used to happen every now and again but now it happens everytime I play.
I have had GP4 for a long time now and this has never happend, and I have no clue as to why this is all happening.
Any ideas guys? I will be really grateful if somebody knew what was up.
Thanks

Re: Problems in game
Date: December 05, 2004 10:15PM
Posted by: RMcConkey
well this is basic, but....have u installed any type of anti virus or some kind of program that runs in the background recently? or updated drivers? or done thing like that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2004 10:16PM by RMcConkey.
Date: December 05, 2004 10:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
I get teh same thing when it's raining. :( PO gets worse and worse until game reaches 0fps and dies!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 05, 2004 11:34PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hmm, you know I have nothing against GPxpatch but could you try to play without it to see if it could come from latest (3.90) version ?

Date: December 06, 2004 05:45PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
i got problems with the latest gpxpatch version 3.90 :(. i installed the version and when i try to play the game GP 4 was shut down, so i use 3.83 and now its oke again

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: December 06, 2004 06:56PM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
Maybe Hyperthreading is the prob... im not sure but i have heard that gp4 is not friendly with hyperthreading

Date: December 06, 2004 07:57PM
I havent added anything new to the computer for a long time, so that rules out that problem.
I did have GPxPatch 3.90 but that didnt even load the menu so im back on 3.83 which worked before all this happend (i think) and still the same problem occurs.
I think I will try and use 3.82 and see what happens as the game runs fine without GPxPatch

edit: Tried with 3.82 and still the same problems. Now id rather run with GPxPatch as it had all my performance settings, track specfic car wads etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2004 08:09PM by whutom.
Date: December 06, 2004 09:42PM
Posted by: Lo2k
It's weird because your trouble looks as a memory leak but I wonder where it could come from.

Anyhow, whutom, did you tried GP4 without GPxPatch (meaning starting it from original GP4.exe) ?

Date: December 07, 2004 08:19PM
yes i did Lo2k and it ran fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy