Problem with GpxSAT Siemens overlay (1.6Mb avi)

Posted by Borjaserrano 
Problem with GpxSAT Siemens overlay (1.6Mb avi)
Date: December 04, 2004 06:57PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
I notice this problem with the Siemens logo on GpxSAT overlays. Just see the video (Divx 5.2.1)

[perso.wanadoo.es]

Could this problem come because of the AA or AF filters?, I have an ATI card and I have both filters enabled.

Re: Problem with GpxSAT Siemens overlay (1.6Mb avi)
Date: December 04, 2004 07:02PM
Posted by: Willb
It could be. Try disabling aa and af. If not *maybe* it could be a refresh rate problem. Im not sure on that though.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Regards

Willb
Date: December 04, 2004 07:13PM
I just have to disable AA and AF filters and the problem persists, and only appears when the timing overlay is on the screen.

Date: December 04, 2004 07:13PM
Posted by: ricky
This error has nothing to do with wrong settings or graphic cards. Just explain if this ever happens or only sometimes and when (on certain curcuits, on certain track places, only in race, etc.).
This is a problem with my animation class, I guess :-(.

If I can locate the error, I'll try to fix it.

Cheers

Ricky
Date: December 04, 2004 07:22PM
This error appears in all tracks, and only when the timing overlay is displayed. Try to do this: when a driver cross the finish line or any intermediate in a qualify/practice session, the Siemens logo appears. Then change the camera to other driver and then return it to the same driver focused before.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2004 07:24PM by Borjaserrano.
Date: December 04, 2004 07:25PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Is the siemens overlay avaiable by itself, or do i have to download the new 3.90 patch

Jeremy
Date: December 04, 2004 07:28PM
You have to download GpxPatch 3.90

Date: December 04, 2004 07:32PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
okay, thanks

Jeremy
Date: December 05, 2004 11:27AM
Ah, ok that could be a reason. It didn't appear on my system, but maybe I could reproduce the error. I could imagine the problem. I'll have a look into that.

Cheers

Ricky
Date: December 09, 2004 09:27PM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Borjaserrano - have you changed the size of the digital 2004 font on your GPx patch? Mine doesn't look as realistic as yours, so I was wondering what you are using or if you have changed anything?
Thanks.
Date: December 09, 2004 11:33PM
Posted by: Atomik
Nothing to do with the topic but .... how do you make divx movies from inside your gp4 ????

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: December 10, 2004 02:49PM
@ vodkamartini1

I only set "Digital 2004" font values on 18 height and 700 weight, and I use a 1280x1024 res.

@ Atomik

There are many ways to make avis with Gp4. The easiest is to use some tool, as Fraps or other similar capture software, but I only make a .bmp sequence holding F11 in Gp4 (using GpxPatch) and then I mount it with Premiere.

@ ricky

Any news about this error? :)

Date: December 10, 2004 03:49PM
Yep, I think (and hope) I've fixed the error. It was very simple and it doesn't appear on my system anymore - I hope on yours, too :).
I've sent my code to Rene (there are some other fixes containing the track map, too), but you have to wait for next release (I guess 3.91).

Cheers

Ricky
Date: December 10, 2004 04:41PM
Posted by: MLAM
Hi Ricky

Do you plan to implement the Tag Heuer/Siemens animation on the old style Digital captions as I think they are not there at the moment.

Thanks
Date: December 10, 2004 04:59PM
Well, they are there ;-)
Date: December 10, 2004 05:36PM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Thanks, my height was at 12 so I will see if making that little bit taller makes it look more realistic.
Date: December 10, 2004 05:46PM
@Ricky

Are they cos for somereason mine do not show up for somereason unless there is something im doing seriously wrong here :)
Date: December 12, 2004 12:56PM
@MLAM: Only the old digital one? Or the old classic one, too?

@Borjaserrano:
Could you try it again with the new GPxPatch 3.91? The problem should be fixed now.

Cheers

Ricky
Date: December 13, 2004 03:15PM
Yes, the problem is now fixed with v3.91

Date: December 13, 2004 05:14PM
@Ricky

Thats with the old Digital style only, it appears perfectly on the Classic style :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy