Does this movie exist

Posted by RenaultFan 
Re: Does this movie exist
Date: December 04, 2004 11:34PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I shouldn't think you'd notice it any more than at a GP, they're loud enough already.
Date: December 04, 2004 11:47PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
I have another question. Im using the file Realistic 2004 sounds and they sound good but when I slow down they sound scratchy Is this normal or is there something wrong and how can I fix it.

Jeremy
Date: December 04, 2004 11:54PM
Hmm, don't know, because I don't use them. I've had some problems with using 3D sounds, but the new GPxPatch is meant to fix them. Have you tried disabling 3D sounds to see if it makes a difference? I doubt it would, but it could be worth trying just in case.
Date: December 04, 2004 11:56PM
actually I think its just the sound of the engine not rev as hard, could that maybe be It?
Date: December 04, 2004 11:59PM
Could be, but I don't know to be honest.
Date: December 05, 2004 12:11AM
another question I have Is, Are you aware of a carset for the 2004 season coming out anytime soon. Right now Im using the carset2003?
Date: December 05, 2004 12:17AM
I don't think there is one coming out as a carset on GP Games, as far as I know. I think gp4 Italia might be releasing one, but if I heard correctly, they're trying to get permission from the authors.
Date: December 05, 2004 12:31AM
I wish there was a package that had all the cars in one big install.
Date: December 05, 2004 12:43AM
yeah, it would be convenient, but it isn't that difficult to put cars into the game individually.
Date: December 05, 2004 12:45AM
Is it Illegal for say a forum memeber here to take all the 2004 cars and put them into a file with a auto installer and e-mail them to others???

Jeremy
Date: December 05, 2004 01:10AM
Not as far as I know, although many would probably consider it uncourtious.
Date: December 05, 2004 02:09AM
Posted by: smorr
your sound question. i believe that is correct,in my nascar 2003 season game it does that, and from what they say about the soundpack i have the sounds were taken from inside and outsid a actual nextel cup race car. If they do it then f1 probably have the same thing. And yes there is a gpg games mod coming, and i am part of team gran turismo.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: December 05, 2004 02:11AM
Posted by: smorr
are you talking about the top one on the list?
[www.gp4italia.org]

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: December 05, 2004 09:57AM
Posted by: Paco
@RenaultFan & Ferrari_Fuhrer

you know what msn messenger is, don't you???

just kidding ;)
Date: December 05, 2004 06:02PM
Yeah, well it wasn't meant to be just us two, I was just answering the questions that were asked, since no-one else did :)

Anyway, someone has taped over the start of the GP tape, so you'll have to wait until I can pick up my other tapes in the New Year, unless anyone else can help...
Date: December 05, 2004 10:47PM
Posted by: harjinator
Yeah, I've always had teh crackling with teh default sound. I had put it dwon to my cheapo sound card, but as it happens for other people, it's obviously intentional. I would be interested in that video myself, if somebody gets round to releasing it. Could you have the ITV opening credits when the game is loaded, rather than the naff default video?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 05, 2004 11:49PM
Yes, I could work at doing that for you Harjinator, although I do sometimes have problems with sound on the files. I've got the old 1992 - 94 intos, but I haven't got the sound on those either. I'll see what I can do, although I might have to search for the ITV intro video. Actually, has anyone got that file, save me searching for it?
Date: December 06, 2004 02:53AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
>Could you have the ITV opening credits when the game is loaded, rather than the naff default video?

Yes. It's quite simple to do (in theory). All you need is a video of the intro sequence then convert it to .bik format (google RAD Game Tools) and rename the file to Intro4 (I think..al the videos are located in the same folder on your HardDrive, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.

I toyed around with this with the Australian (Network 10) intro, which I think is rather good. But my computer doesn't like me editing video on it. Plus I had a heap of trouble trying to reduce the file size from the original Mpeg2 file (130 odd MB's for the 40 seconds of video.....:|)
Date: December 06, 2004 09:53PM
yes, you are right, that is the correct procedure and file name, but I do find that GP3 and GP4 can be very fussy when it comes down to the sound output from the .bik files, so most of the time i get the video, but unfortunately without the sound.
Date: December 07, 2004 12:48AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I think, and don't quote me on this, that the sound has to be uncompressed for it to come through in game...I'll double check when I get home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy