TeamEditor question

Posted by Atomik 
TeamEditor question
Date: November 30, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: Atomik
Hey,

just a question about TeamEditor.

When you move (swap) a team with another, will the cars.wad be automatically updated (I guess the carx_teamname.lod files have to be renamed) ?

And will the helmets and cockpits switch automatically ? Also, what's happening with the helmets stored in the gp4\cars directory when the game is patched with the 9.6 version when swapping teams ?

This is because I have the red bull team in the one-but last slot now, but appearantly they will be on jaguars position for next year, so I'll have to move them up a few slots, and don't want to do it manually...

Thanks for your responses

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Re: TeamEditor question
Date: November 30, 2004 06:54PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hi,

Well, my first answer would have been : "give it a try and look by yourself, it would need you 2 minutes and you can always revert to your actual situation at the second swap".

In a second time, I think some things can be sorted already:
As written in the Doc, carshape swapping only apply once you hit the "Apply All" button.

Not in the doc :) :
No, Lods do not need to be renamed and cockpits will be swapped too.
Helmets are absolutely unchanged as they are not part of Carshapes and this is the Carshapes Tab. So you have to swap them manually yet.

To sum up:
- swap teams in TeamEditor
- swap helmets manualy
It should be OK for the 3D parts :)

Re: TeamEditor question
Date: December 01, 2004 09:30AM
Posted by: Atomik
ok thanks !

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy