TeamEditor positions gets overruled?

Posted by m96maggu 
TeamEditor positions gets overruled?
Date: November 10, 2004 11:57PM
Posted by: m96maggu

When I change positions of steering wheels and helmets with TeamEditor 3.0, the changes aren't applied in the game. However, colour of the drivers arms can be changed no problem.

I do hit Apply All (I receive confirmation that all game data has been updated) and my GP4.exe is decrypted.

Any ideas?
Re: TeamEditor positions gets overruled?
Date: November 10, 2004 11:58PM
Posted by: chet
turn the option off in Tweaker :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 11, 2004 12:17AM
Hah, that did the trick!

Thanx a lot chet!
Date: November 11, 2004 01:09AM
Posted by: Lo2k
But where do I put that fu**ing TeamEditor Manual ??
AHhh ! here it is :

Beware to compatibility
TeamEditor is compliant with every tool but...GP4Tweaker.

GP4Tweaker is in fact able to change the same settings as TeamEditor but after GP4 has been launched, where TeamEditor change settings before GP4 was launched.

That's the reason why you can see all TeamEditor changes when opening TeamEditor (GP4 is not yet launched) but you will see GP4Tweaker changes in game (after it has been launched).

To avoid any trouble, and if you used GP4Tweaker at least once in the past, you really have to open GP4Tweaker (if you deleted it, please reinstall it) and to disable all features that could overwritte TeamEditor settings (performances, positions).

Only once that done, will you be sure you disabled everything, and could you then delete GP4Tweaker.

;) ;) ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2004 01:10AM by Lo2k.
Date: November 11, 2004 01:35AM
Heh, it gets worse than that, Lo2k.

I printed the manual for TeamEditor....TODAY...but forgot it at work.

Actually though, chances are that reading the manual wouldn't have helped me on this one as I have absolutely no recollection of changing that setting in Tweaker in the first place.

Glad to have the problem fixed and I'll dig deep into the manuals next time :)

Date: November 11, 2004 06:44PM
Posted by: Madman271
The easier solution is by deleting gp4tweak.bin and (if exists) gp4tweak.ini on each of your GP4 main folders. If you want to keep the Team Editor settings without having to to uninstall GP4T or delete those files above, you can disable/deactivate appropriate settings in GP4T. the following tweaks will overrides settings in Team Editor:

20. Onboard Camera Position
23. Helmet/Steer/Arms/Dash Position
24. Driver Arms Color
25. Rims Color
26. Tyre Wheels Position

You can also convert Team Editor's camera positions using this small tool.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: November 11, 2004 07:07PM
Thanks Madman, it was a long time we saw you on gpgames...
Where were you gone for so long ? :)

Date: November 12, 2004 07:23PM
Posted by: Madman271
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Madman, it was a long time we saw you on
> gpgames...
> Where were you gone for so long ?
>
>

Many things had to be done and managing my own site also waste lots of my free time. Mostly I'm just monitoring this forum and had no much time to post replies or comments. :)

How's going with your projects?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: November 12, 2004 09:10PM
Fine thanks and if you followed this forum and GP4 news, you surely saw latest TeamEditor / TeamPatcher 3.0.

I also slowed down my GP4 activities, the time to stabilize my real life as I didn't done all I wished to find a job in game industry and had only negative answers, when having some, with more "common" work opportunity.

That doesn't prevent me hopefully to help when I can and that's why I'm still around the GP4 scene, as for beta Magny-Cours 2004 or simply to answer questions as you see :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy