How to remove countdown lights from starting grid

Posted by vodkamartini1 
How to remove countdown lights from starting grid
Date: November 06, 2004 11:22PM
Posted by: vodkamartini1
Hallo guys - can you tell me if it is possible to remove the lights system which is visible in the top right hand corner of the screen? I know B-Tone has changed his starting lights to the 88 style ones so I was wondering if I could just get rid of them alltogether, as it isn't too realistic for the way I am playing now. Is it a simple case of removing a file, or do I have to insert a file into one or all of the track wads to do so? And can it be changed back when or if I want it to?
Thanks for your help.

I guess you could change the pictures so they are transparent? that would be the easiest way to do it

H E L L O
I don't know how to do this though. Can you tell me how - is there no way to simply replace it with a blank file? Or woudl this alternate file be a blank image, like the one which removes the R when you view a replay? Could you tell me how to do it and how I could replace it when I do want it back?
Thanks
wait for b-tone to reply he will know for sure..
Re: How to remove countdown lights from starting grid
Date: November 07, 2004 01:40AM
Posted by: quickslick
maybe you only have to remove the Startlight tex in the MAPS\Resources Folder
Re: How to remove countdown lights from starting grid
Date: November 07, 2004 02:18AM
Posted by: gap177
The startlights are found in each individual track.wad-all u need is a blank .tga to replace the originals.One drawback is if you have your tracks in the 2004-the tracks which have been moved(ie:monaco,usa,europe,japan and brazil),dont replace the tga or u will not have any startlights.

Glenn(Cdn)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy