Wirah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Daniel: Wasn't GP2 1995?
>
>
> Currently Playing: MotoGP: Ultimate Race
> Technology 2
> Dave

no, it really was 1994 - I have the manual here to prove it :) Not sure where the cd is mind - i think we tended to use a copied one, as the old cd-rom drives had a habit of disk scratching and i tihnk it got almost unreadeable at one point.

H E L L O
Re: Would Geoff Know?
Date: October 29, 2004 08:36PM
Posted by: six degrees
/goes to break magny cours ;)
Date: October 29, 2004 09:03PM
Posted by: harjinator
*rushes off to download 3D-editor*

would knowledge of GP3-trackediting eb advised? If so, i'm stuffed!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 29, 2004 10:10PM
Posted by: Lo2k
its not gettinng tracks tested, but getting them made that is the problem.

but if people get in and do something, and report to Lo2k then he may be able to use the info to improve the tools.

also if 20 people suddenly start editing cc lines, then maybe he'll be inspired to work more on it

Nothing is more true than b-tone comments above.

I'm telling it since I started working on 3DEditor, it's a work in progress tool as I wasn't in GP3 Track Editing scene, nor in programming and could thus only release a beta tool which could only grow with tests, trials and reports from everyone.

I did much efforts in the past, gathered and incorporated in 3DEditor every GP3 track editing knowledge I could get from Addie and every GP3 unofficial documents and hope I got some skills in programming to achieve a better tool.

It's only a shame it was used at 10% of its capacity.
I know it could be better, but I also need you because rather than creating tracks myself, I chose to build tools in order many people could build tracks and thus hoping more tracks could be built in the same time.

I can't do more than I do yet.

Date: October 29, 2004 10:20PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I think sometimes wqe just need to stop and think about the work that Lo2k has put in to GP4, and how much better the game is for his contribution. It's important to appreciate properly the effort he has put in, and sat thank you occasionally.

So...thanks.
Date: October 29, 2004 10:55PM
ok I've just been looking into 3ded, for the first time since I've been dedicated to modelling various cars... but anyway:

quick q for lo2k: I can't seem to (figure out how to) move the central vertex of each track sector.. any help? :P

e// scratch that, I know what I've done (which is most of it wrong, hehe)... but nvm :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2004 10:57PM by six degrees.
Date: October 29, 2004 11:04PM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
its a fun thing trying to do this :-)

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: October 29, 2004 11:48PM
@Six degrees: Keep in mind that a track is made of several layers, in your shot you changed physical one, not graphical one. Both could be edited even if physical is easier for what your trying to do :)

@Ferrari Fuhrer: thanks :)

Oh and Thanks to all who are supporting and testing 3DEditor by the same occasion :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2004 11:51PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 30, 2004 12:13AM
Lo2k Wrote:
> @Six degrees: Keep in mind that a track is made of
> several layers, in your shot you changed physical
> one, not graphical one. Both could be edited even
> if physical is easier for what your trying to do
>

yeah I get that, but are physical and graphical layers linked at all? obviously since I've changed stuff on the physical side I haven't made any changes to the graphics, and looking at it the graphics are as they were... so is there a way of editing both at the same time? like I said I've only started looking at it tonight, and I can't find too much in the user guide..

also, in the track sector position, what do the X and Y axes represent? because to get the sector to move where I want it to I seem to have to fiddle about with both values to get it somewhere correct... odds are I'm doing it wrong, but still :)

Date: October 30, 2004 11:52AM
Final goal is obviously to create a complete GP4 track editor tool, but starting from where I started, my first goal was to give tool to edit every layer datas.
Only in a second time could be envisionned to add a unique way melting some/all layers and allowing to edit them at once.

I did a first attempt with dat+gp4 display but there's much much more to do.

Thus, today, each layer edition is completely individual to another. So each change has to be done 2-3-4 times depending the number of layers you want to update.

About X and Y Track sector positions, I suppose you moved them with mouse and didn't dig in track section commands where you should have found the 00F6 command storing the real X,Y,Z values. And I'm pretty sure the 00F6 value is described in commands annex in the User Guide.

Date: October 30, 2004 01:35PM
Posted by: laurent
If you ever need someone to test new tracks for bugs etc, you can send it....

I heart there was just a lack of testers :-(, if that's the reason, it's really a shame!!

So, if you have any tracks to be tested, just send them too : laurentkeersmaekers@hotmail.com , or (if the tracks seems to big) just come online at msn ;-)

Don't wait if you have a track "done"!!
Date: October 30, 2004 01:42PM
btw : I also tried to delete a whole cc-line, and create a new by myself (it became a total mess LOL)

maybe I can better test others work than creating own things ;-)
Date: October 30, 2004 02:03PM
@Laurent: You missunderstood what we told, here is once again b-tone right comment:
its not getting tracks tested, but getting them made that is the problem.

Date: October 30, 2004 05:57PM
aha : that's another problem yes....

well, I was trying to make new tracks, but I failed :-s

I hope to improve wath I was doing, but atm I'm too busy to do any progress :-s

Maybe during some holiday periods :-)
Date: October 30, 2004 06:33PM
ok I've been fiddling around, seems fairly easy to actually edit the track - it's getting everything lined up on the different layers which is the problem atm (particularly grandstands, since the various parts of them are in two seperate scenes so can't be viewed at the same time - I tried opening another 3ded window to copy accross the co-ords, but when I hit the update button the co-ords changed back :| )

anyhoo:

Date: October 30, 2004 06:36PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Looks great already!!
Date: October 30, 2004 07:22PM
Posted by: b-tone
seems fairly easy to actually edit the track

told you so ;)

- it's getting everything lined up on the different layers which is the problem atm (particularly grandstands, since the various parts of them are in two seperate scenes so can't be viewed at the same time

go to the options tab - 'Selected Scene Only', or you mean something else?
but it does look promising - the cc line looks bit off though :)
i guess you haven't tested it yet?
when i done it i just edited the cc line and then tested to see how the cars behaved

____
Tony

Date: October 30, 2004 07:36PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Ok. I'm trying to edit Magny Cours...I can change the properties of things like gravel at the last corner to tarmac easily enough, so I could change the corner, but I can't delete any of the objects. I can remove the textures, but I can't open my eyes wide enough to work out where to delete the whole texture! Also, am I right in thinking that you are unable to change the properties of the track to say, grass or gravel?
Date: October 30, 2004 07:40PM
b-tone Wrote:
> go to the options tab - 'Selected Scene Only', or
> you mean something else?
> but it does look promising - the cc line looks
> bit off though
> i guess you haven't tested it yet?

the magny cours cc line display's messed up anyway.. it's totally different to the actual track layout in the last sector to begin with lol..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy