cart mods how ?

Posted by bod 
cart mods how ?
Date: October 26, 2004 02:01AM
Posted by: bod
i recently downloaded cart mod got csm 1.0 how do u get it 2 work i have tryed puting file in gp4 dir and csm wont work. followed cart mod instructions still no joy how do u get them 2 work any help much appreciated thanxs :)
Re: cart mods how ?
Date: October 26, 2004 02:47PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Here's what you've got to do. Install the pack of Champ Car 2003 into Gp4 main dir, or CART 2002 into your carsets directory (created by CSM). To configure the carsets directory, go to Files/Options of CSM 1.0 and then set the dir to (your Gp4 dir)/GPSAVES/Carsets. Then, you should see CART 2002 MOD or Champ Car 2003 MOD in the left column. Select the mod and run Gp4 from CSM :)

Date: October 26, 2004 11:40PM
Posted by: bod
cheers mate got it sorted great mod thanx 4 help : ) : ) i am a happy bunny now cheers
Date: October 27, 2004 01:47PM
Hehe, LOL ;) Glad I've helped! :) And thanks for the nice words :)

Date: October 27, 2004 02:00PM
Posted by: chet
Oggo - are working on a 04 cart mod??

Coz i realy wanna race as Wilson :)

cheers chet, i loved the 2003 one, the first thing i got when i got Broadband :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 27, 2004 02:13PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oggo - are working on a 04 cart mod??
>
> Coz i realy wanna race as Wilson
>
> cheers chet, i loved the 2003 one, the first thing
> i got when i got Broadband
>
>
> JB - 3rd in the Drivers Championship, 85 points
> (total - 127)
> First Podium - Malaysia (total - 10)
> First Pole- Imola
> First Win - Melbourne 05

No, I'm not. We're working on 2001 now. Just because now ChampCar has become as boring as F1. Maybe later, if we'll have time :) Thank you for the nice words, anyway :)

Date: October 27, 2004 02:54PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
what the difference between champ car, cart, irl?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: October 27, 2004 03:06PM
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> what the difference between champ car, cart, irl?
>
>

Champ Car is former CART. IRL is a different series. IRL and CART were once a single series, known as IndyCar. Then some teams decided to get separated and created IRL. IndyCar then changed name to CART, as IRL means Indy Racing League. Then after 2002, CART went on bankruptcy and some teams bought the series, changing its name to ChampCar World Series ;-)
The substancial difference between IRL and ChampCar now is that IRL has oval races only, and ChampCar has street, circuit and oval races :)

Date: October 27, 2004 08:40PM
Posted by: katunga
It´s funny F1 will be F3 next year and CART will be number 1 open wheel series for 2005... How fast life can changue, having in mind all the bankruptcy problems CART had and the fact that IRL couldn´t be popular in Europe...and CART has 2 races in Europe and 2 in Japan and Australia by now.
Date: October 27, 2004 08:56PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
CART will be number 1 open wheel series for 2005

shame how the minardis are quicker than the faster cart car eh?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: October 27, 2004 09:22PM
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> CART will be number 1 open wheel series for 2005
>
> shame how the minardis are quicker than the faster
> cart car eh?
>
>

There's no point of comparison, man. Champ Cars are powered by a 750bhp V8 turbo charged methanol engine and are heavier than an F1 car. And they haven't got any kind of electronic aid. F1 cars have 900bhp V10 fuel engines, they are lighter and have lots of electronic aids. It's another way of racing. You can't compare the 2 series only by comparing times. A Champ Car is something like 10% slower than an F1 car, but it's probably harder to drive. :)

Date: October 28, 2004 03:58AM
Posted by: katunga
If wasn´t by the tracks, I prefer to see 20 "slower than a Minardi" CART´s, and not 20 F1 turned to F3 cars. But I think we´ll have to wait for the openning race next season to see if F3 is better than CART :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy