GPxPatch 3.83 is released

Posted by Lo2k 
GPxPatch 3.83 is released
Date: October 19, 2004 11:24AM
Posted by: Lo2k
But what are doing usual GPxPatch news reporters ? :p

I only heard about siren and integer speed display before but here is the full list:

18 Oct 2004 3.83
GPxSound: added 3D pit siren sound.
GPxSound: added global event sound volume option.
GPxSound: fixed "Use voice management" option (it was always interpreted as being checked).
GPxLap: ATL: show fastest 3 cars in standings and first 3 cars in fastest lap standings.
GPxLap: ATL: changed selection indicator.
GPxLap: Log: added TyreManufacturer to Entry record (inserted it before the setup so check the version number if you used to read the setup).
GPxLap: Log: added FuelLaps to Lap record.
GPxCInfo: added a game time item. Useful for offline leagues with time limited races.
GPxCInfo: added option to set the number of decimals for floating point items (e.g. gap front/behind and speed).
GPxCInfo: image control Toggle mode also has an upper limit now (threshold range within which the other image will be shown).
GPxCInfo: fixed F8 help item (thanks to Shuttle for reporting this bug).
GPxCInfo: fixed Transpose mode of image control, which didn't map and scale the end position.
GPxCInfo: fixed ctrl+9 clashing with ATL.
Spanish translation of the dialogs updated by Jose Luis.
French translation of the dialogs updated by lo2k.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2004 11:25AM by Lo2k.
Re: GPxPatch 3.83 is released
Date: October 19, 2004 11:46AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Great!! downloading now..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2004 11:47AM by vesuvius.
Date: October 19, 2004 11:54AM
I have a problem , when I click download it still says it is gpxpatch 3.82
Date: October 19, 2004 12:30PM
I got it now. Awesome work!!
Date: October 19, 2004 05:38PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Pardon my ignorance, but where? >_< I still only see 3.82 at the site

H E L L O
Date: October 19, 2004 05:59PM
Posted by: MarcLister
On the far right hand side near the top of the page. Where you are probably looking is the list of past versions of GPx. If you can't find it, use this [www.xs4all.nl]
Date: October 19, 2004 06:04PM
Cheers for the url - still can't see it :D

It has 1.82 released at the top of the new and all the site seems to only mention 1.82 as the latest so who knows why I can't see it - maybe I am just being dumg or maybe for some reason I can't get the new updated site >_<

Anyway, cheers :)

H E L L O
Date: October 19, 2004 06:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i found it straight away.

i like the new touch of adding the little blue numbers to show who has the 1st, 2nd and 3rd fastest laps so far.

but i still use 3.70 because it causes too much of a PO hit/decresed FPS for any higher versions than that. maybe due to the use of the sound sets.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2004 08:49PM
Posted by: harjinator
just disbale thye sounds.

Does it still flash in GP3?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 20, 2004 01:48AM
good idea Harjinator. i have disabled all the things in the GPxSound tab and there is no PO hit anymore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2004 04:08PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 20, 2004 10:14AM
I disabled all things but the info one, with only the Wamr filter active (still can't decide which is best out of warm or cold tohugh :D) but it still had a PO hit. I guess it's just the program itself and so is inevitable (sp)

H E L L O
Date: October 20, 2004 01:54PM
Posted by: Fullers
I think the PO hit comes from the multiple cars datas in the 2004 digital displays. When only current car datas are shown it's OK, but when 8 cars order and times are displayed the PO hit is approx 50% more. I claimed this some months ago, but nobody else confirmed it then, but its a definate problem for me. Its exactly the same if you use original TV displays instead of the digital ones, and it also happens to a lesser extent with sky messages. If you can avoid or limit the use of these things then you will get better performance from your GP4.
I am a GP4 performance played, meaning that I want performance from the game without comprimise. I have played with my PC and GP4 to maximise the game experience. I get 30fps with max detail levels in all displays, (ie mirrors and video walls as well) dynamic env mapping, max quality cars and track updates with Lod_0 level of detail. I do not run bumps or heat haze, and the game runs fast and vivid. All things little things make a difference. I only suffer slight slowdowns on race starts at Monte Carlo (hi res), Melbourne and Monza (hi res). Typ PO on grid 60/70 and peaks at 100/110 at first corner. Some tracks eg Silverstone have grid of 50/60 and peaks at 80ish. PO can dip into 10/20's on different cam views.
Date: October 20, 2004 03:58PM
for me, the PO hiot was just being caused by the things in the gpxsound tab. i disabled everything, and now its just as good as it was when i used 3.70.

i would like to use the soundset from Major Tom, but the PO hit is too much, with FPS being about 15/16, when without it i can have 25 nicely.

i still use the classic layout for gpxsat cos i like it much more than the digital.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2004 04:08PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 20, 2004 05:11PM
Fullers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> with Lod_0 level of detail.

erm? Is that the name of someone who does track graphical updates or something?

BTW, you must have good specs to get that :) ?!

H E L L O
Date: October 20, 2004 08:30PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
lod_0 means level of detail, each shape has 5 lods, 0 is the best, 4 is the worst, the game uses lower lods at a distance to reduce the amount it has to draw/render/whatever, some people like to preserve quality at the expense of smoothness and only run lod_0

Date: October 20, 2004 11:42PM
Posted by: SDI
You shouldn't get a PO hit from the event sounds. Try disabling the 3D sounds only.
Date: October 21, 2004 03:25PM
Posted by: watercolours
do you know whom i should contact if i want to translate gpxpatch? i read the documents but couldn't find a contact info.
Date: October 21, 2004 04:19PM
Posted by: edo
My questions still are:

- Why isn't the Siemens-logo on the overlays?

- Has anyone noticed the difference between the Winner-overlay on TV and the Winneroverlay in GPxPatch? ;)
Date: October 21, 2004 05:24PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Watercolours: You have to ask SDI directly for any translation.

Date: October 22, 2004 01:44AM
Posted by: watercolours
@lo2k
i will ask. thanks. by the way, i found the contact info at last :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy