Date: September 29, 2004 04:56PM
Posted by: six degrees
Hitchhiker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for being pedantic but Isaint, it's prima
> donna (in italian) not pre-madonna.
>

bah, I was going to post that :P

but yeah, I have to agree completely with bojan here. a small thing called real life takes up a 'fair chunk' of time, modifying a game, for no charge is just a hobby.

but then little ungrateful bastards come along demanding stuff... makes me wonder why we all bother, it really does..
Re: GP4 Carshapes
Date: September 29, 2004 05:01PM
Posted by: ralphi
Isaint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why has everything gone dead in GP4? The new
> williams has not even been mentioned and there are
> all sorts of delays for the mclaren MP19B.

well if no one had said anything feel free to do youre own williams..

> There is far too much politicts between certain
> car shapers.

not true... i know alot of painters and shapers and they always help me and i help them if i can....

>There are new guys that can't get
> permission to use other authors templates, even
> with the credit going to them.... whats up with
> that??

erm.. read Bojan's post.. =)

>This sort of Pre- Madonna attitude spoils
> it for others.

it spoils it for other becouse of leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccchhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrsssssss...

> Maybe I'm stupid, but correct me if this is not
> true. After a long lay off, Enzoy returns and
> makes 5 cars in as many weeks.

hmm.. funneh.. i'd like to see you doing a car by youreself... i wanna see how fast you do it..

> Other authors take the same amount of months to
> come up with one car. To much politicts. I
> personally am concentrating on making my own
> because I just can't stand the delays and in house
> 'bickering' spoils the game for everyone.

yeah.. you do that... go do youre own car and paint it and make all the lod's and we'll see how fast you do it... btw what kinda bickering? only problem we have here atm are leechers and i don't see how they spoil the game for all of us... once again.. you can't expect a new car to come out every week.. all of the people that are on this site have lives.. they have school work, wives.. kids... work... the only reason Viper did all them cars so fast was.. correct if i'm wrong but he was free for like a few weeks... when he's in school how many cars does he do.. answer me that?

Date: September 29, 2004 05:42PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
it would be nice to see everyones faces in here, as sig maybe...that would be interesting. :)
Date: September 29, 2004 05:51PM
Posted by: six degrees
Date: September 29, 2004 05:53PM
Posted by: Muks_C
sorry if this has been said before, but you must realise that making stuff for GP4 is not the authors full-time job, it is 'just' a hobby, something to do in their (limited) spare time.

the fact that it is also FREE, means that it is even more remarkable that they get the updates done so quickly after we first see the new things on track.

imagine it takes 100 hours to make 1 car, this is obviously going to take a while if the author has a job/wife/partner/children to fit in their life too.

also, the authors make sure it is 100% perfect before they release, because people will only nitpick/constructively criticise if its not perfect, so its less hassle for the author to take longer to do something right, than rush it, then relase it, then get lots of abuse about it not being perfect.

the fact that we get cars in the game that remotely resemble the real cars, nevermind look like photocopies of them, is something we should applaud the authors for.
and if you spent 3/4 months making a car, and someone modified something on it, badly, wouldn't you hate it?

that is why permission is needed from the original author, otherwise their reputation goes down if people associate crappy cars with their name.

as a closing thought, i really look forward to your FW26 and MP4/19B, i hope they are ready by the end of the week.....and they better be perfect.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 05:57PM by Muks_C.
Date: September 29, 2004 06:01PM
to see the guys who fight for the justice, the reputation and against leechers. all for her loved gp4 community. its nice to see, how the most guys in here stay togehter and defend against the evil. it seems to be a little small virtual world...´with 16 citys, streets who only are a kind off dead ends, and a market place where it smells fo fuel and rubber. and the guys in here are living there... hmmmmmmmmmm

seems i should interupt my tabloids......
Date: September 29, 2004 07:42PM
Posted by: Spike02
i can't believe what i've just read.

you think cars can be made just like that whenever? let me tell YOU that we've given up a rather large amount of time just to satisfy the community. YOU think you can come into a forum, spewing complete utter shite without even having one ounce of knowledge of what's happening behind the scenes is going to get authors to pay attention to your "enquiring mind"? you better do your research mate, because all you've done here is dig yourself a deep grave

There are new guys that can't get permission to use other authors templates

oh really? had a look at gpxcarpainting? the site has templates for a number of carshapes waiting for people to have a go at painting.

Other authors take the same amount of months to come up with one car. To much politicts.

you've just shown how little you know about what's going on here. exactly what politics is there in creating a finished car? i thought so

there are all sorts of delays for the mclaren MP19B

delays? rubbish! exactly what delays? entertain us. for your information the MP4-19b i've been working on is being mapped probably as i speak

i'll look forward to seeing your car, all mapped, painted and lod'ed. i guarantee you it won't be as easy as you make it out to be, but until then you better think

Wai.

PS stifflers_mum

i'm starting to really get annoyed by your attitude to leeched works

Date: September 29, 2004 08:49PM
Posted by: danm

Ladies and gentlemen, its pretty obvious whats going on.

Of course, in the world we live in today, animals roam freely in the goodness of the wild. Berries grow on trees, our children pick that essence of the fruit we grow to love so much.

I hereby conclude that in relation the use of upgrading gp4, modders spend a lot of their time in making better cars for us to use.

Yes, it is a painfully slow process in some cases, but quality works take quality time. A 5 minute job will give a crappy result. Cars would look shite, and everyone would complain.

Take bojans mclaren. He could have just used the default gp4 mclaren, squashed a few nose polys and released it as a 2004 spec. He didnt. He made his own through lots of SUPER HIGH MEGA QUALITY MEGATASTIC effort.

When someone comes along and says 'where can i find the latest bar from china' on the MONDAY after the GP and expect it to be there hahahaha eat @#$%&. Its unlikely. These things dont happen overnight, and these guys have lives.

If u want one so soon as to be rude about it, wait a few years til a game comes out with 2004 cars in it. No official game even has that except ps2 i think, and even that excludes the new willaims sing nose. Its off these peoples own backs, be greatful they even bother! even if it is 2 weeks late *SHOCK HORROR!!!*

As for leeching, imagine u made a really good car. It was perfect, included new aerodynamic winglets on the hump or somehting, made you proud, took ages. everyone in the gpx world wanted it. U release it and the next gp the real life car alters the wings and the bend up by like 20 degrees.

Some random person takes ur car, moves just the winglets up a notch, re-releases it as HIS OWN CAR, and uses ur original texture, mapping, shape the lot. YOu dont get any credit whatsoever, as the leecher supposedly made the shape. THats the deal with leechers - they are trying to help gp4 move on swiftly, but impolitely.

OK, so what about permission? well simple, just ask the original authors. more often than not they co-operate. ill use dahie as my example he helped me. he sent me the fonts i wanted, and has said i can ask him for help if i want for other small bits. its as easy as that. the same with other shapers and painters, just ask. dont ask, you dont get.

The new mclaren has not arrived so soon is cuz ppl have lives to live.
The new williams has not arrived so soon is cuz ppl have lives to live.
The new ferrari has not arrived so soon is cuz ppl have lives to live.

However, if you want the cars, you can get *leeched* versions of the highly skilled authors (ie, dahie, wai, bojan, enjigglyjo or whatever hes called lol sorry mate! dont know ur name...wait might be viper too)

THese versions are not official, they are tweaks. The authors dont want to release them as they arent the offical works by them themselves. Any problems ppl may see it as their fault wen infact was done by some newbie. YOu can get them by email, ive read authors saying so. Its permitted, albeit you need permission form the main author of the shape u alter first.

So to end it, you can use other peoples works. Modify cars all you like, as long as its own ur own computer and not released. Dammit i have! i had wide nose jag R4s zooming around monaco in my tnf1 livery. I dont tell dahie as i am not releasing them, i used his work as a base for my own. If you want modded work released, its different. first check whether the author isnt altready making his own version, whether they let you, and whether it really is YOUR work or just a complete rip off.

Thankyou very much my friends, and goodbye!
God Bless this nation, and god bless you all!

*applause*

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 29, 2004 10:17PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
woo hoo, go danm!

Date: September 29, 2004 10:46PM
Posted by: chet
Well said Danm!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 29, 2004 11:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Danm for PRESIDENT!

(btw, whats the Williams 'sing' nose?)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 29, 2004 11:47PM
*single nose car ;)

Date: September 30, 2004 12:02AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
**RANT ON**

just wanted to check the forum before i go nightie night and have a good rest (something i havent had in a while) and then i see this load of utter crap posted i and i think you are one mother @#$%&.
if you can make a whole 2004 car updated to the chinese grand prix with specific versions for monza and also the alternate liveries go ahead andd do it and i surely know that you wont have anything good to shows for a couple of months.
who cares if bojan, wai, enzojz, CTDP Team, Dahie, Erik and Duco, Fongu and Ross take their time making cars... first off they make it at their FREE WILL during their LEISURE TIME which could be easily spent doing SOMETHING ELSEwe all have lives families, girldfriends, friends, work (school or paid), more important issues.
If you are a sad idiot and spend 22 hours on the computer go stuff urself u should be the one making cars like that, you should be the one producing mods of the older F1 years, you should be the one making helmets shape, other tyreshapes and treads and also a whole 2004 helmetset but do we see it no. have you even done anything for the gp4 community, QUI OR NON, A BIG NON IDIOT.
so before you come down here complaining think. they say think before driving , in your case think before typing.
politics what politics they arent discussing how to make a nuclear car or something. i dont see bojan wearing a tweed suit and a cowboy hat talking in george bush's stupid accent.
u make me sick honestly you are just as bad as doc_mamis. go get a life before u start complaining.

**RANT OFF**
Date: September 30, 2004 12:09AM
roar!

Date: September 30, 2004 12:33AM
Posted by: Lo2k
I think everything had been said, so let's left this topic and its creator,
none are worth we get our nerves on and we will see if he will produce one day any carshape or not.

Date: September 30, 2004 01:19AM
Posted by: Spike02
perhaps lo2k, but i for one couldn't help but speak out. what he said absolutely incensed me and without a doubt, anyone else involved in contributing to GP4
Date: September 30, 2004 02:26AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
ermmmm i am more calm dude.. let the guy show what he has done for GP4... com'on.. we are waiting for ya!

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: September 30, 2004 09:21AM
@ wai

APOLOGY

i DO NOT relieve the guys who steal other peoples work or who adorn oneself with borrowed plumes! IAM ONE OF YOU, WAI! ;)
Date: September 30, 2004 11:25AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
"Get the tanks out! Get the tanks...we haven't got any tanks? Get that Ice-cream van out there! Get it out there! KILL!"

You know, some people just shouldn't be allowed near computers.
Date: September 30, 2004 11:41AM
Posted by: Isaint
Thank you for all the responses concerning the car shapes ..... that was all I wanted really. Boy you guys are passionate. Big thanks to all the carshapers.
There was never any doubt about the sacrifice that you make to produce this work
and the gratitude is there, never the les the question had to be asked.

For all those with constructive critisism .... I thankyou, point well taken.
As for you brave souls that have run out of vocabulary and resorted to name calling .... forget it, I dont even want to get into that its easy to call people whwt you want when you're not standing toe to toe, give yourself a medal on my behalf.

For all the comments on anger management and so forth ...... have you ever seen real anger??? This is a forum people ask questions, make suggestions, either way they get an answer.

For the people that have taken the time to answer my questions and explain the reasoning behind every thing I offer thanks, I have learned a great deal.
Oh and Hitchhiker, thanks for the 'Prima Donna' correction not bad at spelling, just no good at typing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy