GP4 Carshapes

Posted by Isaint 
GP4 Carshapes
Date: September 29, 2004 12:35PM
Posted by: Isaint
Why has everything gone dead in GP4? The new williams has not even been mentioned and there are all sorts of delays for the mclaren MP19B.
There is far too much politicts between certain car shapers. There are new guys that can't get permission to use other authors templates, even with the credit going to them.... whats up with that?? This sort of Pre- Madonna attitude spoils it for others.
Maybe I'm stupid, but correct me if this is not true. After a long lay off, Enzoy returns and makes 5 cars in as many weeks.
Other authors take the same amount of months to come up with one car. To much politicts. I personally am concentrating on making my own because I just can't stand the delays and in house 'bickering' spoils the game for everyone.
By the way, your site is great!!!!
Re: GP4 Carshapes
Date: September 29, 2004 12:41PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Date: September 29, 2004 12:55PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, when we first come on a forum, it's a good thing to say hello to its member, it's nothing but it does all the difference.

You come here as if you know everything and everyone and criticize some of its member without ever asked member what was the situation.

Anyhow, I let others reply to you on this particular subject as I'm only implied for some of those 'rights politics' you're speaking of but if you want to make carshapes on your own, just do them, you're welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 12:59PM by Lo2k.
Date: September 29, 2004 01:20PM
Posted by: keiran
a carshape can take a while to make and get it right. This is a bit of a hobbie to soom and so they do things at there own pace. If you can come on and say all these things then why dont you produce the stuff your self in a shorter space of time??? Everyone here has better things to do at times than sit on there computer and build car shapes for FREE which are in great detail and I for one respect these people and will wait as long as it takes them to build it.

Keiran

[edit : Im also talking about anyone who does things for GP4 as its all the same]

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 01:21PM by keiran.
Date: September 29, 2004 01:40PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
my words, isaint. its insane sometimes, but the guys dont argue so. out of doing this crappy permission @#$%&. its idiotic in my eyes too.
its slowing down a community a lot. my respect to the guys who are work out this cool, new stuff like carshapes or editors. anyway...

cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 01:43PM by stifflers mum.
Date: September 29, 2004 01:57PM
Hello, Hello, Hello,

Oh so, because Im not a great carshaper I'm not entitled to an opinion.
And whats with the attitude? What nobody likes to hear a point of veiw.
And what do you mean, I know everything??? I know somethings and so do you.What is it a competition?

Oh and by the way everyone is greatful for the hard work that these artists put into makeing these additions for GP4 including me So get of your pedistal and try to listen between the lines of what a person is saying.

I read about people openly critisizing the work of other carshapers on this forum but I didn't hear anything from you.

What because I'm new I'm a target for your pomposity? Try to understand this, the world is full of people saying yes, yes, yes, but it's when a person says no that things start changing, dont you want change?
Well why are you on the forum?
And oh by the way, thanks for your concern but I dont need anyones permission to make cars.

And if or when I do, ..... well I guess i'll be you freind then won't I, Wow!! Can't wait.

Thanks for the welcome.

Date: September 29, 2004 02:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Your attitude is not helping ur cause

Other authors take the same amount of months to come up with one car.

Well i would like to apologise on behalf of all GP4 community members if we allow our personal lives, children, work, girlfriends, family and friends, and our interests come in the way of you getting flooded with carshapes

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 29, 2004 02:10PM
Posted by: danm
dude ur a fruitcake...try actually READING some posts!

[www.grandprixgames.org]

here it is clear carshapers ARE helping nitwits like me who cant shape for @#$%&. and at what expense? i asked dahie for permission to use his product to make mine thru HARD WORK AND EFFORT he spent on his bar shape and texture.

ok in theory it counts for nothing. its just polite. unlike you at the moment.

what the conflicts are include LEECHERS who nick the work of others, and CLAIM IT TO BE ALL THEIR OWN, without the mention of the original as a base.

like making a cake. mrs crinkly bakes a cake for mr smiths 65th birthday at a fair. mr jones changes the top icing to 6th birthday and gives it to his son, saying he made it.

not his cake, its mrs crinklys. same with cars mate, u can use them as a base, just dont say its all your work!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 02:19PM by danm.
Date: September 29, 2004 02:16PM
......Nice!!! I would like to apologize also for having an enquireing mind.
Date: September 29, 2004 02:22PM
Dude ... fruitcake.... ?? Oh, you can read too I guess .....
Date: September 29, 2004 02:23PM
''Why has everything gone dead in GP4? The new williams has not even been mentioned and there are all sorts of delays for the mclaren MP19B''

the new williams is available!!! dahies williams has been edited by different people. dahie doesnt want it to be released as a download as ppl may think it was done by him as it wasnt. any problems, bad jobs, crappy modified wings etc or criticisms will be aimed at him. therefore he wont release it officially until its been done by him, as it is his original car the others have used. why bother getting told its @#$%& when he didnt do it.

if u want the dahie 'edited by another person' new williams, just email the guy who made it. dahie even said so himself.

read before u post these comments. otherwise u just look silly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 02:30PM by danm.
Date: September 29, 2004 02:24PM
here are a few cars that you can actually have via email if you bothered to read this forum:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 02:28PM by danm.
Date: September 29, 2004 02:25PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
There is far too much politicts between certain car shapers.

Not true, we get along very well, and often exchaning friendly emails about stuff different than GP, and as for GP4, we're exchanging logos and pictures, even shape and texture parts.

There are new guys that can't get permission to use other authors templates, even with the credit going to them.... whats up with that??

Well, I spend many hours over one car, and I'm very attached personaly to my work, and don't like to see my hard work ruined by some poor modification. Erasing shadings, removing alpha channels, ruining normals on shape and stuff like that.
My policy always was, if you want to use my work as a base, please keep the same level of quality, or improve it. That's rearly case, in most time car is much worst after modification. In that case, I'm not giving permission, you may like it or not, who cares.

The new williams has not even been mentioned and there are all sorts of delays for the mclaren MP19B.

Not true, there are threads about both cars, in Williams thread you may even apply if you want to get a modified-but-not-given-permission-to-release new Williams. I let the author to send it around by email, so that even bitching pricks like you can get it.

After a long lay off, Enzoy returns and makes 5 cars in as many weeks.

He had mapped shapes ready to paint, plus he didn't do lower lods. That's hardly a finished job. Making 5 cars from scratch would require a bit more time.

Other authors take the same amount of months to come up with one car. To much politicts.

Other authors are not all 17 year old, on summer vacation, with nothing else to do before summer ends and university starts. Most of us are people with family and jobs, with very limited time for PC.

I want call you an idiot, but you're definetly don't know what are you talking about.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: September 29, 2004 02:29PM
here here!

Date: September 29, 2004 02:49PM
my words, isaint. its insane sometimes, but the guys dont argue so. out of doing this crappy permission @#$%&. its idiotic in my eyes too.
its slowing down a community a lot.

Only thing which is slowed down is flood of bad, crapy files, 20 versions of the same thing, where only 2 of them are worth download.
Feel free to spend two months on some project and then share it with whoever you want.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: September 29, 2004 03:34PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i just had a good laugh at that first post, mate, id learn about what your talking about before slagging others off.

Carshapes take time, these things dont apear magically out of mid air every week.

secondly its the attitude thats shown in this first post that is exactly the issue that contributes to no carshapes and a dead comunity, why would people want to make shapes when all they are confronted with is crap, critisism and a slagging off like that....

Your lack of subject knowledge is again displayed by your point on people using others work, you have to (and dont seem to i may add) realise that these things take up a huge chunk of time, and authers therefore take great pride in there work. If they spend 100 hours making a car, they dont want someone spending 5 minutes modifying it, and re releasing it, and that, is fair enough.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 03:36PM by andrew_S.
Date: September 29, 2004 03:39PM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
Sorry for being pedantic but Isaint, it's prima donna (in italian) not pre-madonna.

As for the rest of your post. I think you should try to relax first of all. Seems to me like you barged in here like a runaway train to vent some repressed anger. Like Ellis said, the very kind people who offer their own time and skills to provide the community with quality updates have their own lives to live. You should be happy with what they offer and the rate at which they offer it!

These people have extended the life of GP4 way beyond a game's regular "expiry-date", which means you got more out of the money you spent buying the original game, (assuming you did).

Some anger-management might be helpful too :P
Date: September 29, 2004 03:56PM
@ bojan: i did ;) i made some ferrari-steeringwheels. the last one has a new,centered display. gp4editor does not support the "finetuning" of the numbers on that display at this time, so i have to edit every digit (everyone has 6 points) with an hexeditor........... that was a lot of work. and i put my steeringwheel to the community without any permission. i have a job as well, and not much time when iam at home, so i spend a few weekends. but it was fun, and its god to see, that the people will use it.
i agree, it is NOT acceptable when someone is posting "your" work as her!
but its a different thing to this permission-stuff, isnt it?
and youre right, its much crap out there. but i think the people know slowly but surely who are the best. (one is you :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2004 03:58PM by stifflers mum.
Date: September 29, 2004 04:09PM
I'm pretty sure if you did 11 teams, year after year, you'd become annoyed after you see endless modifications of your files by people who doesn't pay much attention to details as you, and read in forums complaints aboud crapy stifflers mum's wheels, which weren't actually done by you, but modified. Eventually you'd say, enough of this, show me first what you did with it and we'll see, which is exactly what are we doing now.
If you wouldn't do so, good for you, I guess we're different.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: September 29, 2004 04:42PM
hmmm, thats right. never thought about THIS fact. hmmm...ur right...mull over mull over mull over............
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy