> ok, ive finished.
> uploaded to grandprixgames.org.

thanks mate and you got PM...

:):)
Re: Highres Montreal complete
Date: September 22, 2004 05:59PM
Posted by: Leslie
hiya all,

It time for download this great track !!

[www.motorsportfotos.co.uk]

:)

:)

LeSLie

Dragon Racing - Home - Gallery - Forum - Download - Enzojz INTERVIEW !! - Gp4 Italia INTERVIEW !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2004 06:02PM by Leslie.
Date: September 22, 2004 06:57PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
great to here
Date: September 22, 2004 07:58PM
Posted by: Hal
This is an incredible update! It looks stunning, but for some reason - unlike the other hi-res tracks - it makes the game virtually unplayable on my machine with 2xAA and 4xAF. At 1280x1024 (I run that because I have a TFT) The FX5900 XT stuggles by at 2xAF. With both AA and AF turned off altogether, it's fine. My beloved quality settings... I need a new GFX card. Any recommendations? I'm willing to go crazy to get this track running right. The Geforce 6600 looks like it will be a nice card, at around the £155 mark.

Anyway - thanks. It's amazing.
Date: September 22, 2004 09:55PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
I'll be interested to see how my P4 3.20 & GeForce 6800 Ultra deal with this... ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: September 22, 2004 10:08PM
Posted by: Kev188
wow, my PO is very high now, always at 100-120 !!!
On normal tracks always 70-80 !!!
But great Track , Caelen !!!
Date: September 22, 2004 10:21PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Really Impressive Work once again, Caelen !
Well done !! :)

Date: September 22, 2004 10:40PM
Posted by: Caelen
yea the po is high, im not sure why. i tried ricardos track before i edited and the po is quite high on that already, but obviously not quite as high as the update. i dont know why its so high, the textures are the same res as in previous versions, infact the tarmac (which usually causes a big hit) is only 512x512 not 1024x1024 as in previous updates.

still, when i play from cockpit view my frame rate maintains 40 fps so obviously my po isnt going over 100, but from t-cam it can get as high as 120% even when theres not many other cars on screen, so theres definately something about this track.i also downsampled just about all textures in photoshop, so hopefully those who cant us af,aa wont get shimmering.

i spent a bit of extra time dirtying up the textures to try and make them look not so clean,
what do you think ? was it worth the time ?

on the subject does any one know where i could get some good dirt maps for photoshop, i was just copying colour ranges from other dirty textures and pasting them over the top and then changing the opacity. if anyone knows a good way or has some better textures please let me know, as personally i think the dirtied up textures look a lot better particularly on the ones i made from scratch (honda, allianz, shell, olynpus bexks etc)

by the way if anyones looking for some textures i downloaded these from "brands of the world" and theyre in a format which can be rendered at any resolution thus giving really good results.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2004 11:18PM by Caelen.
Date: September 22, 2004 11:15PM
Re: "dirtying up the textures" - yes - definitely. This update is incredibly realistic: so much so, I'm looking at buying a Galaxy Glacier Geforce 6800 just to get the thing running smoothly. It will be worth it!

It's hard to pick favourites among these hi-res updates. I especially like Monza and Hungary. But I might as well get a new card now, because I'm gonna need it when the whole season is hi-res! They transform GP4, though. It's streets ahead of other F1 sims for realism now, IMHO.
Date: September 22, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
@Hal GP4 uses CPU power more than gfx. The only advantage of riunning GP4 with a newer gfx cad is so you can run AA and AF. it will only increase performance 2, or 3 fps. The CPU does all the work for this game (thats why it has processor occupany).

Date: September 23, 2004 12:19AM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
SH!T!!!!!!!!!!
Man thats nice!

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: September 23, 2004 12:58AM
its true that gp4 is processor dependent, but i think that in the case of high resolution textures the limiting factor would be the graphics card.
i havent increased the geometry or coplexity of the track just the size of the textures, hence a faster card with more/faster ram and better fillrates/throughput would help a lot, plus of course you can play at higher resolution with more aa and af as you said.
Date: September 23, 2004 02:10AM
@97KirkC & Caelen,

That's my point: I've always spent more time upgrading the mainboard components than the graphics card with this game. I only upgraded from a Ti4200 to the FX5900 XT in order to enable more game effects and increase the quality settings. The frame rate has remained at 30fps through two motherboards and three GFX cards, ever since I had an MX440. I now have an XP3200+ system with very fast memory, and I found a high FSB helps GP4.

But my experiment this evening: running the Montreal update at 1280x1024, 30fps with NO AA or AF showed that its the quality settings that are causing the slow ups. So, with my eyes fully open, if I buy a 6800 based GFX, I realize I'm spending £150-£200 for 2xAA, 4 or 8xAF alone, and probably no increase in framerates or anything else at all.
Date: September 23, 2004 02:29AM
with an xp3200 you should be able to get higher than 30 fps i would have thought, im on a xp 2600+ and radeon9800 pr and can comfortably run 40 fps, untill this update i can run at 40 fps in wet or dry on all track, (except first corner monaco in wet) and get no slow down, checked with fraps.
Date: September 23, 2004 05:10AM
Posted by: mickg
Great graphics. DEFINATELY keep the dirty textures...speaking of dirty, I have these two dirty great green bits of tarmac when exiting garage and viewing car with left arrow key, green tarmac from "Becks corner" to start/finish line and the next camera shot past Allianz sign ie Shell sign, and overhead Allianz signs have a black texture next(right)of them(still in the same box...any clues? I have Ricardos v1.0 track update. Used WAdupdater 3.3. I reinstalled Ricardos track(to get a fresh base) and even that has got the texture probs now...weird.

EDIT: Along the start/finish straight it only happens with the long camera shot of the straight. The Allianz o/h signs are OK now after another re-install but the two track textures are still playing up.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2004 06:05AM by mickg.
Date: September 23, 2004 07:01AM
Posted by: Leslie
Date: September 23, 2004 08:37AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
great! Hi-Res Melbourne Next Please!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 23, 2004 10:43AM
Posted by: mickg
For what it's worth, fixed tarmac, due to heat haze effect. Still would like to know how to fix overhead Allianz signs...left half of sign is Allianz logo, right side is black.......dropped my fps manually from 45 to 35 and rarely see %100,most times %60 and I use T-cam. As i have said b4, my pc is the minimum spec to run GP4 with all detail etc, etc, etc.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Date: September 23, 2004 12:50PM
mm, not sure could you post a picture, usuall when texture is half blac it caused by not resizing using tex resizer but im sure i havent seen any problem when i play it,

ok i just run a lap and i can see what you mean, and it looks like an un resized texture problem, give me a minute and ill post a fix in a new thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy