TOYOTA & MINARDI CONFUSION !!!

Posted by jlabro 
TOYOTA & MINARDI CONFUSION !!!
Date: September 16, 2004 01:58AM
Posted by: jlabro
hello,i had in the minardi place, the toyota car, and in the prost place the toyota car !
now,the tf 104b came out and i had to switch to normal,which is the minardi to the minardi slot ans the toyota to the prost slot.but i have this problem.everything works perfect eith the toyota ( i had to change names and all the other stuff) but the minardi livery is very confused with the toyota's colour !
i have minardis racing on crazy toyota colors !
from far away, the minardi looks ok but when it gets closer this happens..
have tries everything,have manually save as tga and tex files but nothing seems to be working..
any good ideas??

thanx a lot

Giannis from Greece
Re: TOYOTA & MINARDI CONFUSION !!!
Date: September 16, 2004 04:38AM
Posted by: raztahz
i'm confused:(

Date: September 16, 2004 09:00AM
the cockpit and the others work fine but it's only the external views when the car get close !! this menas to all the external cams !!

one more thing. can you tell me how i can edit the cockpit? because in a new cockpit the steering wheel goes further than the cockptit..looks like the wheel goes out from the cockpit !!

thanx a lot !!

p.s. many problmes eh?
Date: September 16, 2004 09:27AM
Posted by: stifflers mum
install the old cars, like it was before, and start a secand try.
if you are using minardi for minardi slot, you dont have to renam any files
i think. otherwise, minardi into prost slot, rename minardi to prost, if its said in the readme. some cars/files are standalone, so you just put them in your wad without any renaming. i think...

use gp4tweaker, or gp4master to change the coordinates of the wheel.
Date: September 16, 2004 10:13AM
thanx a lot,i should do this.
about the cockpit though,the cockpit seems too small,it's not that i cannot see the indicators,just the cockpit is too SHORT for the wheel !!
thanx again
Date: September 16, 2004 01:12PM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
use the '+' and '-' keys to zoom in and out in the cockit.
Date: September 16, 2004 03:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
all you had to do was rename the LOD files, but DO NOT RENAME ANY TEX FILES or it will mess up.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 16, 2004 06:17PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I had that slight problem yesterday when I installed the the arrows into the prost slot, so I just got a blank folder and started a new cars.wad, and it all works perfectly. It also solved a problem of having 3 or 4 mclarens in the game - I had 3 mclarens, one of which turned into a williams when the camera was focused on it, and the williams turned into a mclaren when the camera was focused. Strange...but sorted out now. Phew!
Date: September 16, 2004 08:19PM
Posted by: Muks_C
the problem with cars chaging into different cars is because not all the LOD files are present.

for no problems with changing cars, each team must have 10 LOD files (5 for car 1 and 5 for car 2).

when some authors release new cars, they only give you LOD 0, so if you just put this in the game, you will get the cars changing into different cars. so what you must do is copy LOD 0 and paste it 4 times and rename them LOD 1, 2, 3 and 4.

then you no longer get the problem.

or change your game so it uses only LOD 0.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy