Need help with cars.wad

Posted by mickg 
Need help with cars.wad
Date: September 11, 2004 01:42PM
Posted by: mickg
Definately not a new topic...I need help. Somehow I have managed to stuff my cars.wad file up by trying to install hi-res helmets. My main problem is no matter what I do and God knows i've tried everything I can think of(many times) is Takuma Sato is in a Jag(Webbers to be precise) instead of a BAR. No problems with Button. When I view SAto from another car I see the BAR(changes to the jag at times tho) but when I view from his car it's the bloody Jag. Any ideas to fix this very frustrating problem welcomed..

mick

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Re: Need help with cars.wad
Date: September 11, 2004 02:01PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
sounds like a lod problem
correct me if im wrong
try re-installing the car
make sure you install all files in the correct spot

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: September 11, 2004 02:10PM
Believe it or not SpaceAce i have done that many times. I have installed a fresh copy of GP4 just to use the new cars.wad. Still I have the same problem. I've deleted the lod files and added them. I've deleted tex files and added them. it doesn't matter what I do Sato is still showing in the jag. I downloaded different versions of the BAR but still the problem persists but only with Sato...weird.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

Date: September 11, 2004 02:13PM
hmmmmm
is there one bar or two on the track??

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: September 11, 2004 02:19PM
Two BAR.

Date: September 11, 2004 02:23PM
So you mean you have the BAR of button
and the BAR of sato only it has a jaguar livery

is there a webber jaguar when you race at all?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: September 11, 2004 02:26PM
Yes, thats correct. Also have Webber jag. So basically 3 jags are showing. Webber, Klien & Sato.

Date: September 11, 2004 02:30PM
Just swapped teams with TeamEditor ie swapped jag with BAR and now see two BAR and Two jags as it should be, so maybe have to live with jag in #5 slot and BAR in #9 slot and just change driver names...

Date: September 11, 2004 03:08PM
Posted by: b-tone
i'd suggest geting rid of the lower lods, as your pc seems capable, and then you'll have no shape chnaging at distance, and you'll have a smaller wad.

then delete all your bar and jag files.

i hope you use easy wad. its easy. and for wads.

so if you havent changed any team order (ie using 2001 order but with 2004 order eh?)
so slot 5 is.,.fv fdeesvw wr

um. i didnt really read what you typed so..

but you should get csm and make a 2004 set as it gets rid of lots of these problems.

____
Tony

Date: September 12, 2004 03:49AM
Thanks for the input b-tone. I had to reinstall and start upgrading GP4 again from scratch as this was a quicker solution than trying to "fix" it. Not game to upgrade helmets yet as this is where problem started! No standard for helmet shape yet. When upgrading cars to 2004 weird things happend...Upgraded jordan,bar,jag,mclaren,ferrari then sauber testing by starting game each upgrade but when i upgraded sauber ALL the previous installed cars reverted back to originals....so had to install them again..finally all ok after many hours "fixing" and backing up changes just in case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy