GP4 Master

Posted by Lucas25 
GP4 Master
Date: September 07, 2004 12:36AM
Posted by: Lucas25
Hey. I'm new to these forums and I've come across some problems with installing the GP4 Master. Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step guide because that would be great. If not any help is welcome.

Thanks.
Re: GP4 Master
Date: September 07, 2004 12:02PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hello and welcome Lucas25,

first have a look at sticky : first post on top of the forum where you should find most of you need to start with GP4.
Even if it's my work, I strongly advice you to download the Ultimate User Guide (about 40Kb) which will detail a bit everything aroung GP4.

Date: September 07, 2004 12:13PM
Posted by: edo
Something else about GP4Master:

When I install the patch for GP4 (v1.02), I can't run Gp4Master anymore. It says that I have to get the decrypted one, that's the one WITHOUT the patch (v1.0). It's very irritating to switch everytime of GP4.exe just for 1 program...

Anyone got an idea?
Date: September 07, 2004 12:16PM
->Ultimate User Guide : You can either patch GP4Master with a tool or use prepatched version I released some time ago with Sven's agreement (but wich is harder to find on the net)

Date: September 07, 2004 12:25PM
Posted by: edo
@ Lo2k:
Where can I get your prepatched version then?

Date: September 07, 2004 12:29PM
Posted by: gav
Or keep the old version 1.0 of GP4.exe, but rename it to something else (gp4_old.exe for example), and point Gp4Master at that. Works fine if all you want is the tex and wad functions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2004 12:45PM by gav.
Date: September 07, 2004 02:17PM
Okay. Thanks for the help so far everyone. I've installed the official patch v9.6. Now I've downloaded the GP4 (1.02 Patched) Decrypted No-CD Patch but a message keeps popping up when I try to open the GP4.exe application saying:

'This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.'

I searched and found the file binkw32.dll but I couldn't find a task to re-install it. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong and can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2004 02:19PM by Lucas25.
Date: September 07, 2004 02:51PM
Copy the binkw32.dll file from the GP4 CD into the directory that you installed GP4. I believe it's a hidden file, so make sure you're viewing hidden files (Tools > Folder Options > View tab in Windows XP).
Date: September 07, 2004 03:39PM
gav I've tried what you've said but I couldn't locate the binkw32.dll file. There were 2 WinZip files called data1 and data2, but for some reason my WinZip can't open these files. Is it possible that the binkw32.dll is within 1 of these 2 files? Sorry for being a pain in the arse!
Date: September 07, 2004 04:01PM
Nope, it is on the CD. I'm at work now, so I can't confirm what I'm saying, but I'm 95% certain. Are you sure you're viewing hidden files?

BTW, Winzip can't open those type of .Cab files.

Date: September 07, 2004 04:44PM
I have selected 'Show hidden files and folders.' There is a list of tick boxes below the 2 options to show hidden files and folders or not. Some of them are ticked, some not. It's possible that I may have different boxes ticked to you. Does or doesn't this make any difference to whether I can see the binkw32.dll file?
Date: September 07, 2004 04:51PM
No, you've done the right thing, I'm starting to doubt my own knowledge now though, lol.

I'll check when I get home, and get back to you.
Date: September 07, 2004 05:02PM
LOL. Ah right then. Thanks.
Date: September 07, 2004 07:07PM
This file should have been installed with GP4, try to reinstall GP4, something surely went wrong first time.

Date: September 07, 2004 07:40PM
Posted by: _tux_
when u installed the patch did you just extract it to the gp4 folder? or extract it, then go find it and then run the setup?
Date: September 07, 2004 09:22PM
The binkw32.dll file is in the GP4 folder. The official patch v9.6, it's within the Infogrames folder and ran the v9.6 setup from the location C:\Program Files\Infogrames. It said 'GP4 is already updated.' So I have the correct version, 1.02, to install the GP4 (1.02 Patched) Decrypted No-CD Patch.

The problem is that I can't locate the binkw32.dll on the GP4 CD, which I need to replace the current one within the GP4 folder. The solution might be that I need to buy a new copy of GP4.
Date: September 07, 2004 09:50PM
Posted by: gap177
just d/l one from the net and put into your Gp4 folder.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: September 08, 2004 01:04AM
I've downloaded a new binkw32.dll and file replaced it with the old one. No success.
Date: September 08, 2004 04:29PM
I've finally installed the GP4 (1.02 Patched) Decrypted No-CD Patch!

I've extracted the GP4 Master to the location C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4 Master, but when I try to run the GP4 Master a window pops up saying:

'Error

Invalid GP4 path. Please configure...'

I clicked okay and then I was taken to another window titled Options. There I could change the Grand Prix 4 path and the executable filename, but I don't know what to change it to.
Date: September 08, 2004 04:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Okay, the problem is the following: When you unzip the GP4.exe from the no-cd patch and then click on it you get this message about the missing binkw32.dll. That's quite logical because GP4.exe thinks you want to start the game and is confused that it doesn't find any game files. Your mistake is that you thought cliking on the exe from the no_cd patch would INSTALL the no_cd patch. It is, however, not an installer but the exe already patched. Just replace the original GP4.exe with the one from the no_cd patch and all is file.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2004 04:53PM by Vader.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy