f1 1994 project

Posted by mckey415 
Re: f1 1994 project
Date: January 30, 2008 10:23PM
Posted by: bcfrutuozo
Just to let you know...
I've changed a lots of things in the mod. I've created all the loading screens, a different version of the cockipt based on the 1991 MOD, a different Steering wheel from the early 90's... and a lot of others modifications by my own. Not to publish, but just to play at home :D... Including the CSM Options, like driver selection, track selection, track loading method, etc...
And if you would like to see something just tell me ok? ;)
Date: January 30, 2008 11:04PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
In this case I can make the visors....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: January 31, 2008 02:38AM
Posted by: mckey415
i'll make it clear once again. we're (Tony, Diego, Fongu, me and some other guys) working on the full 1994 mod. so don't wait for a separate release of any car - they all be in a mod as all other stuff that a good should have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 31, 2008 03:31AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I'm looking for the real thing, not a bootleg version. Hope you guys release your mod soon! :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: January 31, 2008 12:44PM
Posted by: abdelkader
I hope this mod will be similar to 1991 mod in terms of ,seemingly unimportant, details. Such as:

-camera positions
(including realistic "driver's eyes" camera - don't confuse it with generic cockpit view. They are two different cameras)

-different steering wheels for all the teams.

-realistic model of physics

-realistic performance
(I don't know why, but for example the performance file of the Beta version of the mod makes Karl Wendlinger extremely competitive driver who regularly beats Senna and Schumacher...it's not realistic)

-internal and external engine sounds
(the external sound of engine in Beta version was to squeaky and too loud. I'd rather prefer engine sounds taken from Ferrari or Williams. They were awesome back then in 1994).

I think that the main mistake which is made by sound makers is using samples of sounds recorded with "on-track" recorders. I think that the samples which should be used for making external sounds should be recorded with "onboard" recorders.

When you compare the FW16 Williams sounds taken from TV coverage with the sound from onboard Senna's last lap at Imola it turns out that it sounds totally different... I hope you know what I mean.

Just compare the sounds of Ferrari - in 0:24 the sound(on-track recorder) is squeaky but in 0:50 (onboard) the sound is not squeaky anymore and is more ...er...melodic .

If I only could help in making this mod better, I would, because 1994 is my favourite F-1 season...but I have neither abilities nor experience :(

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2008 01:05PM by abdelkader.
Date: January 31, 2008 01:31PM
Posted by: dkpioe
No, for onboard and cockpit sound you should have a sound sample from tv recorded onboard sound. for trackside engine sound you should use a sample from tv trackside camera sound. but in gp4 its hard to make them work at right pitch and volume even when you have a great sample file as you have to play around with the engine.txt files.
Date: January 31, 2008 03:36PM
Posted by: abdelkader
dkpioe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but in gp4 its
> hard to make them work at right pitch and volume
> even when you have a great sample file as you have
> to play around with the engine.txt files.

Oh yes.You are right.Once I got cracking with this and I know what you are talking about. This is the reason for which I don't blame anyone for the quality of the sound of 1994 mod for GP4

Some time ago I watched some preview of 1991 mod for rFactor. The both sounds: external and internal, were outstanding and almost perfectly matched the real engine sounds.
This is the link to the trailer of 1991 mod for rFactor

&feature=related
My ideal of engine sounds. I wonder if it's possible to do such things with GP4 sounds

Date: January 31, 2008 04:00PM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
abdelkader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dkpioe Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > but in gp4 its
> > hard to make them work at right pitch and
> volume
> > even when you have a great sample file as you
> have
> > to play around with the engine.txt files.
>
>
> Oh yes.You are right.Once I got cracking with this
> and I know what you are talking about. This is the
> reason for which I don't blame anyone for the
> quality of the sound of 1994 mod for GP4
>
> Some time ago I watched some preview of 1991 mod
> for rFactor. The both sounds: external and
> internal, were outstanding and almost perfectly
> matched the real engine sounds.
> This is the link to the trailer of 1991 mod for
> rFactor
>
>

&feature
> =related
> My ideal of engine sounds. I wonder if it's
> possible to do such things with GP4 sounds

Not possible due to limitations... The way GP4 handles the sound is so weird that it is impossible to create anything like that.

E: ...

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2008 04:36PM by SilverBlaze.
Date: January 31, 2008 04:28PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
What a shame, those sounds in rFactor are just incredible, best sounds for a rFactor F1 mod.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 01, 2008 10:16AM
Posted by: fongu
I'm sure the rest of the modders are happy for your efforts in making some sounds for us, the ones created by gp4sound years ago were never finished and the beta doesn't sound very good to be honest.

Date: February 26, 2008 06:10PM
Posted by: cleberpister
News? Grateful...

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: February 27, 2008 03:45PM
well, we steady continue to work on cars. pacific is now in painting by diego. i'm done with shaping/basic mapping of minardi m193b and it's ready to get to diego's hands.

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: February 27, 2008 04:32PM
OK... GRATEFUL...

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: February 29, 2008 05:42PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
I love the 1994 mod
Can't wait for this one mate's
byy
Date: March 03, 2008 01:31PM
a little teaser for everyone asking for a new pacific. yesterday diego sent me this screen and now i'm sharing it with you.

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: March 03, 2008 01:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: March 03, 2008 02:19PM
Posted by: fongu
awesome :)

Date: March 03, 2008 02:54PM
ow!!!
wonderful!!!

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: March 03, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I have no words!!!

but....

AWESOME!!!!

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: March 03, 2008 05:09PM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Looking pretty good :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy