Simuitaly.biz do it again......

Posted by Spike02 
Simuitaly.biz do it again......
Date: August 30, 2004 01:09AM
Posted by: Spike02
[www.m4driving.sm]

look familiar? not only is this a shoddy remake of Bojan's and my FW26 but is also done without any effort to even contact either one of us to even see if we would allow it to be put online nor give mention of the original authors. simuitaly being the register-to-download site meant i couldn't investigate further but the absense of any contact says for itself. they've even done it with Fongu and Ross' PS04 in the past :\

webmasters such as the one for Simuitaly.biz and m4driving.sm and these so called "authors" have no respect for the GP4 community and their attitude to leeched works is nothing short of a disgrace :-(

call me melodramatic but i think us authors deserve to know any sort of plans for modifications and release, be it car makers, editor authors or track editors
Re: Simuitaly.biz do it again......
Date: August 30, 2004 01:11AM
Posted by: andrew_S
you have my 100% support on this, spot on

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 30, 2004 01:14AM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
i agree with you also. although i help out around m4driving, i did not write this and i also do not support it.

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: August 30, 2004 01:21AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
What the @#$%&! :(

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: August 30, 2004 01:25AM
Posted by: Enzojz
Don't care so much mate , these second hand authors will finally be beaten by your exellcent originals.
Date: August 30, 2004 01:51AM
Posted by: FortKnox
ehi!! Spike02 you like the beer very much? ;)

1- have you received some e-mail from Pex?? or giuseppe ravicini?? or gravicini-aliceposta?? do you remember??
2- for the texture not you worrying is not a problem of yours.
3- the work is not online.
4- modifies the post what you have made thanks.
5- what M4driving publishes to me does not concern.
6- simuitaly.biz does not steal not at all to anyone.
7- simuitaly.biz and gp4italia.net (I) pays for the space on the servers, and does not ask money to the community.
8- I do not understand why you have written in this forum. you could contact me for e-mail.
9- also I am doing something for the Gp4 community. team art 2004

bye my friend ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2004 02:02AM by FortKnox.
Date: August 30, 2004 02:03AM
Posted by: six degrees
Spike02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.m4driving.sm]
>
> look familiar? not only is this a shoddy remake of
> Bojan's and my FW26 but is also done without any
> effort to even contact either one of us to even
> see if we would allow it to be put online nor give
> mention of the original authors. simuitaly being
> the register-to-download site meant i couldn't
> investigate further but the absense of any contact
> says for itself. they've even done it with Fongu
> and Ross' PS04 in the past :\
>
> webmasters such as the one for Simuitaly.biz and
> m4driving.sm and these so called "authors" have no
> respect for the GP4 community and their attitude
> to leeched works is nothing short of a disgrace
>
> call me melodramatic but i think us authors
> deserve to know any sort of plans for
> modifications and release, be it car makers,
> editor authors or track editors

agreed... it really doesn't take much to write an email... altho going by those pics you wouldn't let it be released on account of the blatant butchery and massive inaccuracy..... ;)
Date: August 30, 2004 02:13AM
Posted by: Madman271
Let Spike and Fortknox talk in private before we judge any further.
Mod, please close this thread until we have the situation clear before people thinking what they think.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: August 30, 2004 04:37AM
Posted by: bones1834
Wow!!! Blatant disrespect for someone elses time and effort. Plus the nose does even look quite right.
Date: August 30, 2004 08:50AM
Posted by: fongu
yep it doesnt look good, but as Enzo said, just beat it with quality and people will forget that

Date: August 30, 2004 09:38AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
I won't comment this Williams thing for now, but you're all very wrong about Fortknox. He like every other webmaster tend to get files for downloads and maybe he'll do a mistake, like posting Dahie's Jaguar, but if you mail him he'll promptly react and do as you ask.
If things got nasty it's more because he got flamed to hard and public and an irrational fight was developed.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 30, 2004 10:24AM
Posted by: raztahz
that is so bad! i feel very sorry for the people at gpx carpainting

Date: August 30, 2004 11:01AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
???
Why are you sorry for the people at GPxCarpainting?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 30, 2004 11:36AM
well fist of all...

its a shoddy remake of Bojan's and my FW26 but is also done without any effort to even contact either one of us to even see if we would allow it to be put online nor give mention of the original authors

i know you guys can make a better one

Date: August 30, 2004 12:49PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
oh dear...

@ spike

iam a gp4 modder too (steering wheels) and give tem away withaout any restriction. ok, its my thing, but i think, thatsway a community (with moddas) can grow. so, why dont you forget that permission-stuff? let ur works be free.
why do u wanna ask people to mod ur work again? because u worked a lot of hours on it and gave a lot of inspiration and a lo of inventions?
thats what iam doning too, as many other modders too. crammond or infogrames dont wanna have ask for permission to mod her game...imagine that!
i am a big fan of ur works. these cars look really brilliant. in my opinion, u r the best carmodders. (shape&painting)
so, my proposal: delete this permission thing in your readme, so noone can breach your rules. and u never have to go angry. ;)
if someone is working with your files, u can smile about it, or you can admire it and push yourself forward. what is done till now, you can smile about it.(BMW)
think about it.
ehm, sorry for my english, my german is a way better...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2004 12:49PM by stifflers mum.
Date: August 30, 2004 01:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i agree, stifflers mum, but if they dont make a mention AT ALL of the person the edited it of, its a bit unfair, and you wouldnt know what is a new car or a edited version of an old car!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 30, 2004 01:45PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
for me the point isnt that they edited the file, but that they edited a small part and then claimed it all as their own work

Date: August 30, 2004 01:56PM
Posted by: stifflers mum
look at the sauber this year(real world). this car looks like a ferrari with slightly changes, and iam sure, sauber does not ask for ferraris permission. ;)
its intended funny btw...
Date: August 30, 2004 02:12PM
you can say that again with this years toyota

Date: August 30, 2004 04:17PM
Posted by: intweb
Hi,
I posted some images a while ago of a personal project I was playing with to teach myself ZModeller, I didn't release anything and explained it was just for fun, and that the original was WAI and BOJAN's.

Then within 24 hours, the pics were posted on M4Driving, with no mention that it wasn't to be released as it was about 1% my work and 99% Wai & Bojan's, it just said latest screenshot.

Cheek is not the word, I just wanted to draw a big-fat line between my playing (for personal use) and showing everyone (with ref. to wai and bojan) and these arses!

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy