Jaguar is playing GP4 too

Posted by Lo2k 
Jaguar is playing GP4 too
Date: August 29, 2004 10:49AM
Posted by: Lo2k
It's a bit older news than for Williams but photos and comments are better as Mark Weber was king enough to answer some questions.

[www.f1gamers.com]
Re: Jaguar is playing GP4 too
Date: August 29, 2004 11:06AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Quality always stands the test of time. For sure, the fact that so many people like yourself, are working so hard to make this game more editable, only serves to confirm that. If it was as easy to edit and had online play as F1C, then F1C would already be history.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: August 29, 2004 01:36PM
Posted by: raztahz
yeah they use gp4 for their driver training programs. shame they don't edit it it will be pretty good if the did and put in bojan's (texture guy) 2004 jaguar
i remember this article where mark webber an this guy were on their driving simulator playing gp4 in barcelona

Date: August 29, 2004 02:12PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
i wonder if mark gets pissed off with it crashing all the time...
Date: August 29, 2004 05:25PM
Posted by: Jorn
I have more F1c chrashes than GP4 chrashes...
Date: August 29, 2004 05:43PM
@Jorn: Really ? "Nice" to hear that. It's the first time I hear about F1C crashes...

PS: Nice here means that GP4 is so well known for its crashes that it's somewhat good to know that F1C could also have some.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2004 05:46PM by Lo2k.
Date: August 29, 2004 06:47PM
Posted by: Jorn
I have it sometimes when I go online. GP4 never chrashes on my pc.
Date: August 29, 2004 07:29PM
Posted by: Coultim
lol, F1c isn't a very stable game at all, cause it conflicts with a lot of other computer programs, I never have crashes with gp4, unless i do something wrong with adjusting. f1c has a lot of bugs, for exemple, mine is in a status now, when i drive to the pits, i get a ctd...
Date: August 29, 2004 07:50PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
F1C sucks. Gpx games was always the best F1 simulators, and no other actual F1 game go near Gp4 quality level. Ps2 F1 games are simply the worse that I ever seen, even very worse than F1C.

PD: Anyone knows what are a 'Hyperstimulator'?? :?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2004 08:00PM by Borjaserrano.
Date: August 29, 2004 10:47PM
Posted by: watercolours
f1c is an entertaining race game, but gp4 is an f1 sim.
Date: August 29, 2004 11:25PM
I think he was speaking about that force feedback seat that was released some month ago and for which Sdi added support in GPxPatch.

Date: August 30, 2004 10:32AM
enough with this f1c vs gp4!!!!

Date: August 30, 2004 10:42AM
Posted by: dolinseks
" F1C sucks."

For you, because you cant drive it fast, or you spun. For me its better, and more dificult.
Date: August 30, 2004 10:56AM
Posted by: mickg
you obviously haven't tried f1c with Ralph Hummerich et all 2004 update. much, much more than an update.........

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Date: August 30, 2004 11:37AM
hello!!!

enough!

Date: August 30, 2004 12:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i havent got F1C but the pics i've seen of ALL mods are terrible!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 30, 2004 12:28PM
Posted by: dolinseks
but you cant judge by the pictures. ;-)
Date: August 30, 2004 12:42PM
Posted by: LS.
cant get the link to work but if i remember correctly there is jaguar cockpit hooked up to a monitor with GP4 on it, i read an article in the guardian or something and its primary use is for acclimatising the driver to driving a F1 car whilst talking on the radio and adjusting settings on the wheel etc all at the same time, plus it gets the driver used to tracks he might not have driven on before

Obviously its going to be risky to do this in real life so the team had this mock up made with no risk involved,

so i dont think its anything to do with GP4 or F1C's attempts at simulating accurately formula one, mainly that they can enable this PC game to work with their software at Jaguar

it could quite have easily have been a console they used,

or maybe they had to use GP4 because they could'nt agree terms with microsoft to use their train simulator software ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 30, 2004 02:19PM
JPM, what i can remember has tested F1c and GP4. williams and Jaguar are the two teams i've seen to use gp4 as a training and entertainment program

Date: August 30, 2004 02:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Theres alot of unfair stirring from both sides going on here

but the pics i've seen of ALL mods are terrible!

Your obviously not looking hard enough. The mods are the best bit about F1C

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy