Play Online

Posted by SHEEPY 
Play Online
Date: August 26, 2004 03:52AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
is it possible to play GP4 online and if yes how coz there is no menu in game for it
Re: Play Online
Date: August 26, 2004 04:32AM
Posted by: katunga
It`s possible in theory, but not in practise. GPXpatch has an option to connect 2 (or more) Gp4`s over the net, but all the tests made have failed. It`s neccesary a super broadband connection, all the GP4`s have to be configured with the same settings, and with all this, a regular broadband can`t handle all the amount of graphics. GP4 was not made for online racing. Maybe GP5, will have this kind of feature, who knows...
Date: August 26, 2004 10:50AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
It works in GpxPatch, the chat function works fine, but when actually on the track, P.O goes up to about 400%!

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: August 26, 2004 11:04AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
1000% sometimes :P
Date: August 26, 2004 11:24AM
Posted by: team cason
I assume all the config code is inside the .exe and so we can't change it?

Date: August 26, 2004 12:26PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
Wel its pretty diffucult to have a sensible PO with more than about 3 players on a LAN (10Mb connection in my case), so the internet would be terrible.
Date: August 26, 2004 12:26PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
The best ive ever got it was with Tux playing and PO was 270%. We did a lap and then he ran into the back of me. But it was soooo slow.

We had to put all our gfx settings right down as well to like 640x480.

Date: August 26, 2004 03:55PM
Posted by: Willb
yeh we got a 100mb lan connectioon and thios pc is fast and the other is really old . it can just run gp4 in single player so when we try online po is like 500%!
:-(

I wish some one could rewrite this cod *Cough*MADMAN*Cough :-P

Date: August 26, 2004 05:10PM
Posted by: Vader
Willb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish some one could rewrite this cod
> *Cough*MADMAN*Cough :-P
>

This cod? ?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 26, 2004 08:51PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
I've already asked madman at the tweaker forum, and The GPxPatch guys on their forum, and it's not possible.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: August 26, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
If you have two PC's that run GP4 effortlessly at high settings (LIke a PO of 30 by yourself) and you turn the settings down you may get away with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy