FW27 - UPDATE - Release News on Page 45!!!

Posted by intweb 
Re: FW27 - UPDATE - Release News on Page 45!!!
Date: May 13, 2005 10:28PM
Posted by: MLAM
Hi Intweb

Great cars first of all,

Just curious to know,

I downloaded all of your cars off the GP4Italia site yesterday just fine, my friend then downloaded your cars off GPG earlier today when i was round his to help him update his GP4 to 2005 spec and i noticed that both the Maylaysian and Bahrain carshapes are exactly the same size down to the last byte, I checked my versions i got off GP4Italia yesterday and both the malaysian and Bahrain versions are different in size.

Can you confirm if you have made a mistake in compiling files for GPG or GP4Italia

I hope you understand what i mean :)
Date: May 13, 2005 11:20PM
Posted by: intweb
Yes, as reported by b-tone, there was a mix-up - although the versions here should be the same!

Steve.
Date: May 13, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: mad otter
Well, i downloaded the Imola set from this site but every file is exactly the same size...

intweb, can you send me the correct versions to iainberryman@hotmail.co.uk and ill upload them for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: May 13, 2005 11:40PM
Thanks for the reply Steve

So you mention that but amazingly enough the Bahrain version on this site is different to the one from GP4 Italia!

Well my bahrain download from GP4Italia is different to the one my friend has which was downlaoded from here earlier today.

Strange but it will be sorted i'm sure :)

Top car once again BTW :)
Date: May 13, 2005 11:47PM
Posted by: mad otter
Ok, hopefully the Imola version...

Cheers!
Iain

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: May 13, 2005 11:52PM
Yeah, That's the one Mad Otter! The sidepod chimneys should be symetrical also.

Sorry for the hassles.

Steve.
;)
Date: May 14, 2005 12:16AM
The correct Bahrain and Melbourne versions have been uploaded to this website.
GP4Italia & M4Driving should have the correct versions.

GPG still have to upload the correct versions, I Have renamed them v2.00b and v1.00b, sorry for uploading the wrong version.

Thanks.
Steve.
Date: May 14, 2005 01:15AM
No problems Steve

I'm glad to have your cars whether its the correct version or not! :)
Date: May 14, 2005 02:23AM
Posted by: v@sh
Great car Steve!!

Just some improvements needed. The rear end is excellent, I just feel the front end of the car needs quite a bit of rework.

From the pic above, the side view of the nose is much fatter. It doesn't curve down straight away as shown in the in-game screenshot as above. Rather a very slight curve until it reaches the tyres then it curves down. Also the nose cone is quite fat on the side view as opposed to the in-game screen. The front nose looks really thin and fragile. Illustrated by Button14 slight reworking of the car on pg43/44?

This shot I was hoping for you to implement since our discussion on the Sepang version i.e. the slight kink at the top/middle of the nose. It makes the FW27 distinctive and its been like that since the start of the season and still remains in Spain. The front section of your various versions of the FW27 still contain a straight line to the nose without any kink.

I think after reworking the front, the car will be perfect. Hope you implement these changes in your next version. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 02:24AM by v@sh.
Date: May 14, 2005 02:24AM
I think this has been covered before but I'm sure Intweb will take the notes onboard :)
Date: May 14, 2005 02:31AM
Posted by: v@sh
It has been covered before, especially the kink in the front nose - that actually seems to be the point where the nose starts to curve? But this was suppose to be implemented in the Sepang-Imola versions and the revised Melbourne version since it was discussed quite a while ago which is why I'm left slightly disappointed in the latest versions. :)

[edit]
Just a suggestion Steve. Could you please post WIP shots and news on your next release for the FW27? The reason I ask this is because we can continually help you to improve the car before the next release as we didn't get any shots of the revised versions instead of waiting till the actual release of the cars to help give you feedback on them (if any is needed). It saves much time both for you and for us.
[/edit]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 02:35AM by v@sh.
Date: May 14, 2005 11:17AM
Posted by: F1Master
Steve is making a new nose for the Spanish version which should be released next week.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: May 14, 2005 11:28AM
Thanks V@sh,
As discussed before, I am fattening the nose 'from the front' but the side view I am quite happy about. Below I've taken your shot and a shot from Zmod and I think they look quite good - given the slight angle difference.

I'll post some shots later today or tomorrow, I'm completely remapping and modelling it and depending on whether I get far enough ahead, the heavily revised version will either be released as the Spanish, Monaco or Nurburgring versions.

Thanks for points and feedback.

Enjoy.
Steve.
Date: May 14, 2005 11:30AM
Ps. Does anyone have any hi-res shots of the car from Barcelona? I have some shots from Atlas, but not too many close-ups.

Anyone with F1-Live or other such subs can you mail me anything?

Thanks.
Steve.
Date: May 14, 2005 11:49AM
Ian Woolam has them.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: May 14, 2005 12:01PM
Posted by: fongu
can you round off the bottom of the rollover-bar-air-intake, reminds me too much of last years car

Date: May 14, 2005 12:03PM
Yep, being remodelled!
Date: May 14, 2005 12:11PM
Yeah, I agree with fongu, the air intake above the drivers head needs to have more polys used so that you can round off the bottom corners off rather than them being square and jagged.

Also, the top of the nose needs to be flatter near the cockpit. Yours is slightly rounded but as you can see from the pics, its pretty much flat until it gets to the nosecone itself. The nose is flat from the cockpit and then dips towards the nosecone, your has a continuous slope down instead of that dip. Its not a major change needed but one that will make the car look even better.

Heres a few pics for ya.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2005 12:15PM by F1Master.
Date: May 14, 2005 12:19PM
Lovely F1Master - thanks!

Does anyone have any close-ups of the new aero-flickups at Barcelona?

Thanks.
Date: May 14, 2005 01:04PM
I'll have a look for you.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy