cars under tarmac in external view

Posted by katunga 
cars under tarmac in external view
Date: August 11, 2004 08:44PM
Posted by: katunga
Can´t sort out this problem in external view now. While in ext view cars are half under tarmac, sometimes tyres dissapear and it seems that depends on how far is the car from the camera. Any hint about this?

Re: cars under tarmac in external view
Date: August 11, 2004 11:43PM
Posted by: Lo2k
lol, are the car following track layout at least (even if they are below tarmac) ? ;)

Date: August 12, 2004 01:28AM
Yeah they go normal on the layout
Date: August 12, 2004 07:54AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
THis is a well known bug of GP4, related, maybe, to the layouts of tracks ( 3d height ?).
Sometimes cars appear like flying ( see for example the last curve at Indianapolis, etc ), some other times down.
Always in external views.
Date: August 12, 2004 12:14PM
Hmm, that bug (flying cars) was fixed with Patch 9.6 and cars were not going half behind the track, only some centimeters under.

And what does it look like from other cameras ? cockpit, t-cam, track cams ?

Date: August 13, 2004 07:35PM
All is ok except for the track cams. When cars are closer, they look perfect. I even deleted the high res tex files from the cars.wad but with no result. I have the patch installed and all was ok with the original wads, but I installed GPC carset now. One more hint:when cars are on the grass or sand (out of track) they look normal.
Maybe I have to open with an hex editor the executable GP4 and check lods, maybe there´re some corrupts lods there.
Date: August 13, 2004 11:55PM
lol, well, I think you would have better reinstall GP4 from ground, it would be further safely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy