customisation strategy

Posted by yjassat 
customisation strategy
Date: August 06, 2004 04:15PM
Posted by: yjassat
Loads of cool stuff coming out for GP4 all the time now. Got to seriously stop thinking about the workload and get on with downloading everthing!

Do any of you have a "strategy" when it comes to building up your copy of GP4 to have the best add-ons? e.g is it wise to install GP4 multiple times on your PC and have copies that are used and abused by trying out add-ons etc and one single installation that is your pride & joy and has only the tried and tested addons? Are there any problems in this?

I want to get a safe, worry free way of trying out all the addons and then keep the ones I want. A lot of the time, there are so many of one thing to download - e.g 20 different people might have created tyre treads. I would personally like to try them all and pick the ones that I personally prefer rather then just download the one marked "great" or "top" or "recommended". Do you see what I mean?

This is what happens when you watch things for too long instead of getting on with it!! :)

cheers!
Re: customisation strategy
Date: August 06, 2004 04:17PM
Posted by: casabonka
try my strategy...
re-install GP4 everytime you attemp to install something :P haha!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: August 06, 2004 04:30PM
Posted by: gap177
I have 3 installs of Gp4 on my HD.One is all original-(straight out of the box+official patch),2nd is modded to 2001 and the last version is modded to 2004.I have never had to re-istall Gp4 since its first installation,,,,,,,,,if I mess something up(havent yet!!easy game to mod),I have a backup copy on hand.
Date: August 06, 2004 04:30PM
Posted by: gap177
I have 3 installs of Gp4 on my HD.One is all original-(straight out of the box+official patch),2nd is modded to 2001 and the last version is modded to 2004.I have never had to re-istall Gp4 since its first installation,,,,,,,,,if I mess something up(havent yet!!easy game to mod),I have a backup copy on hand.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: August 06, 2004 04:57PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I have several cars.wads, one for 2003, one for 2004 (but im doing a career so i will have to edit pit order and race numbers), one for my fantasy season.

im trying to learn how to make csm mods because I hear they are much better, but its difficalt!

Date: August 06, 2004 05:16PM
Posted by: b-tone
use csm, then you only need one install. i've got an original backup too.
you can even build a test set and throw any old stuff in to try out - use OpenWad and you dont even need to compile wads ;)

____
Tony

Date: August 06, 2004 07:34PM
Posted by: Vader
A good way to strart is to read the FAQs in the sticky post on top of this site.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 06, 2004 08:01PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i just have 1 install, with all the latest stuff.

i have 4 cars.wads (1 normal, 1 for france, 1 for silverstone and 1 for Indy).

i make backups of the main cars wad when i want to install a new car, just in case. i try out new stuff in 1 of the wads, then if its good, i put it in the other 3.

never had to re-install the whole game for over a year.

i keep 1 big folder with all the updates i have ever used, separated into seasons, then into cars, tracks, helmets etc. and i have another folder called "CarsInWad" so everytime i install a new car, i update this folder, so i know at-a-glance whose cars i have installed.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy