low res helmets

Posted by casabonka 
Re: low res helmets
Date: August 11, 2004 08:07PM
Posted by: mrt
Maybe the tex size of your driverx_1.tex and driverx_2.tex are wrong.

Try to rescale them like that: driverx_1.tex=256x26 and driverx_2.text=128x64.
You can do that with Lo2k's texresizer
Date: August 12, 2004 07:53PM
Posted by: Marclaren
This is my problem:

Date: August 13, 2004 11:29AM
can you please send me your driverx_1.tex and driverx_2.tex you use for this helmet? I'll see what i can do.
It seems to me it's a scale problem but i'm not sure!
Date: August 16, 2004 03:03PM
Posted by: Supadupa
Marclaren Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is my problem:
>
>

Thank you. At least on guy who has the same problem as me. Do anyone know how to fix it`? I would really really start to use MRT`s helmets, but i cant when the face is on top of the helmet. Maybe the helmet size is slightly different or something. Please help.
Date: August 16, 2004 04:44PM
how do you install my helmet in the game?

it's possible that you forgot to downsample the texture if you install them by Gp4master
Date: August 17, 2004 03:09PM
Ok, Mrt so the problem is that we have to convert the files from tga to tex and then install? I have to try that later. I think I am using the original shape, and I am using Car set creator 4 to install and export the files. I downloaded some other helmets and they worked just fine, so I can`t really see the problem.
Date: August 17, 2004 04:56PM
very strange problem because all my helmets are tested and worked fine with the original helmet shape and Raymond smith's full visor shape in low-res. You can donwload these two shape on my website.

To install my helmets the easier way is to use carset creator 4 or helmet installer. with gp4master you can also install them but it's a little bit longer and harder.
Date: August 17, 2004 07:43PM
MRT. Ok I will try the thing you say. I am going to use the wadupdater 3.1. The file(s) in the "select files to replace in wad is and the files in select one of the gp4 wad to patch or the wad to extract is? And after that i should click the update wad button`? I am a noob from Norway you see:) I have just started playing the game.
Date: August 18, 2004 11:30PM
Anyone??
Date: August 19, 2004 01:11AM
In my opinion you'd better to use carset creator or helmet installer to install my helmets. It's much more easier.

But if you want to use wadupdater the procedure is harder.

first you have to convert tga in tex (it's why i suggest you to use carset creator or helmet installer because they do this for you). then open wadupdater.

In the top text area you have to choose the driverx_x.tex you changed, then in the lower text area you have to choose your cars.wad(i suggest you to make a backup of the cars.wad just in case.)
And then click on update wad
Date: August 19, 2004 02:31AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
@ MRT I am a huge fan of your helmets and I personally use them in my carset. Do you have any plans to make high-res helmets in the future just as a matter of interest.

Buzz
Date: August 19, 2004 12:30PM
The reason I have to use the wad istaller is because of the helmetshape.zip on your site. To install Raymond Smiths shape i need to use wadupdater. How do i use it to install the right helmet shape?
I am using Carset Creator to export helmets. I thing maybe i don`t use the right helmet shape. It`s a little bit hard. I am no computer guru if you now what i mean.
Date: August 19, 2004 01:32PM
@Supadupa: decompress the helmetshape.zip in a temp folder. in this folder there will have two folder: original and full visor shape low res. To install the shape you want with wadupdater just click on select folder, then choose the folder you want (original or full visor) then on the second text area choose your cars.wad and then just click on update wad.

@Buzz Hornet: Maybe for 2005 i will try to make hi-res helmet for the original shape and for the full visor shape. But i'm not sure of that.
Date: August 19, 2004 02:16PM
Thanks Mrt. I will do that later. Hopefully it will work out just fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy