If gp4 is slow on your PC do then this

Posted by verbry 
Re: If gp4 is slow on your PC do then this
Date: July 26, 2004 08:36PM
Posted by: harjinator
Hi qwerty-nice to see you again!!

Would downloading updated tracks and cars make any difference? I've managed to get the PO down to about 100%, but in certain areas (such as main straight at Indy), the FPS drops through the floor.

I've got the new Williams, and it displays it in a high res with no hit on performance.
Date: July 26, 2004 09:22PM
I've asked elsewhere, but I'll ask here as well-can the moving crowds in the grandstands be turned off, as I think they're worsening my problems
Date: July 26, 2004 09:43PM
Posted by: -qwerty-

Alright mate! :)

The new tracks do cause a PO hit for sure, I don't bother with them...they're amazing, but the FPS is awful. The pit straight is usually horrible, you've got pitcrews, all those flags, and the extra sounds to proccess, so its no wonder I suppose.

On the crowd issue, I think you're right they sure hit the PO...I'll have a poke around the graphics.cfg for you as I dont know off hand.

With all new cars, if I switch to tv camera at the start, PO hits 250% +, but with old gp4 cars, stays below 100%, perhaps the gfx card is passing over some stuff to the cpu, I dont know. Obviously new cars push the gfx card much more, so maybe the gfx card is as much a bottlneck (in gp4) as the cpu? Hmmmm

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 26, 2004 11:28PM
Posted by: Fullers F1
In answer to animated crowds, they can be switched on and off in these lines in the config....
2 ; [MAIN VIEW] Draw crowds (0 => off, 1 => on, 2 => on and animating)

1 ; [MIRROR VIEW] Draw crowds (0 => off, 1 => on, 2 => on and animating) v2
and
1 ; [VIDEOWALL VIEW] Draw crowds (0 => off, 1 => on, 2 => on and animating) v2

@qwerty.... the word in your sig can be rotaded by 180deg and is still the same,.... but what dous it say? I can't figure it out!!

"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does" (MW)
Date: July 26, 2004 11:30PM
It says 'Illuminati' :D

I have ones for Fire, Earth, Water and Air too, all read same both ways :D

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 27, 2004 11:02PM
Just done some testing-an original GP4 car on high res and an FW26 on high res. The FW26 PO was lower on TV view than the original car. Might just be me but that isn't logical is it?

To qwerty, can you turn off these extra 'bells and whistles' (extra sounds etc?) I just get problems in certain places on teh original tracks.
Date: July 28, 2004 08:35PM
BTW, I've just turned off the crowds in flgraphics.cfg, but in the game they're still there AND the PO is now 320%!

Could someone with a similar machine to mine send me their f1grphics.cfg file? My specs are below.

2.4GHz Celeron
128MB Geforce FX 5200 Graphics Card
768 MB RAM

Email link adamhargreaves@operamail.com

Date: July 28, 2004 08:58PM
I'm downloading the newest gfx card drivers to try and fix my woes.

Also, the game crashes my PC when it closes-do I need to reinstall it or does someone know how to fix it?
Date: July 28, 2004 09:09PM
How weird! I get huge po issues with new cars, not old ones. Still, gp4 is different on every pc, even if the pcs are identical. I have an XP2000, GF4 MX pc, its not *that* far off yours, if you want my config (essentially no mirrors and some other bits) then I can send it along.

On the sound issue (bells and whistles) I dont know to be honest! I'm much more familiar with gp3 at the moment :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 28, 2004 09:18PM
Yeah smae here. Could you send me your config, (it's only 15k I think-small attachment)

thanks.

PS, I think the graphics card is a bit less powreful thanm mine (in theory) so what kind of performance do you get with it?
Date: July 29, 2004 08:30PM
To Fullers F1, I tried changing the settings you mentioned, but GP4 just ignored them and they were still there!!

BTW I can now play Monza properly with about 60% PO. I thyink it's just the track coding (I'v heard it can be shoddy in places). I'm going to do some tests with Indy.

I'd still like to try your config file qwerty, jsut to see if it makes any difference.
Date: July 29, 2004 09:12PM
Just a thought-can you delete crowds using 3DEditor, or does GP4 kick up a fuss?
Date: July 30, 2004 09:55PM
Most tracks work now, only Indy and suzuka (and A1 ring occasionally) cause problems. Should I spend the time downloading new versions of these?
Date: July 31, 2004 12:21AM
hi mate, sorry for not sending it yet! My pc is having a few problems, shall we say.....

Try Major Tom Sturrman's one on this site its a great basis imo :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: July 31, 2004 11:42AM
Yeah I've tried that one, didn't make too much difference to be honest. I only need to make a few tweaks here and there to get it running perfectly. Only problem is that when I edit anything directly in f1graphics.cfg, the game just replaces whatever setting I change with the one it was before!! What am I doing wrong (and before anybody says it, I do click 'save'!!

@qwerty-hope your machine's OK, mine runs on a knife-edge, and it only works about 10% of the time, so I know how you feel!
Date: August 02, 2004 08:19PM
I'm gonna try the thing mentioned in the nVidia thread. relay all replies to there.
Date: August 26, 2004 09:11PM
Posted by: Marclaren
wheres the confic screen.. sorry

Date: August 29, 2004 01:16PM
If you mean f1Graohics.cfg, its in teh GP43 folder, just tel windows to open it with notepad. To anyone who was wondering, I sorted teh problem myself by adding 800MHz to my CPU speed. Now runs like a dream (even if it does overheat occasionally)
Date: August 29, 2004 07:33PM
Posted by: joshdifabio
None of the settings you change in the f1graphics.cfg file will have any effect in the game unless you change the first line in the f1graphics.cfg "f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)" to "1" (instead of 0)!!!
Date: August 29, 2004 09:03PM
Have done that, the crowds still won't go. Can't get 3D editor going either.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy