does anyone find they make more mistakes when they ease up?

Posted by Tony Hancock 
I totally @#$%& up today.

Frantic race, completely on it, doing practically every lap as a qualy lap, was leading after 59 of 62 laps with a 8 second lead over schumacher. Started to ease off a bit then lost it into the gravel trap and lost 1st place..

ARRRGHGHG FOR @#$%& SAKE HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID!!!!!!!

The win would have meant i would have trailed schumacher by 1 point as it happens i now trail by 5.

This just allways seems to happen to me as soon as I ease up i just make mistakes silly things like run into a backmarker or whatever.

Does anyone else find this?

Its like also when you've been in a groove for half an hour and you have to pause it for the toilet or dinner or whatever and then you come back and you just make a mistake instantly....

Ahhh this is so frustrating.
woooooo calm down!!!!! i find it the opposite sumtimes...i go faster when i easy off sumtimes

its coz u dont consentrate as hard
Here is a tip: Never ease off because you never know what is gonna happen

when i ease up i make funny mistakes. i try harder to crash then i try to win! lol

'And theres the barrichello wobble'- Martin Brundle
Foo Fighters 10th Anniversary - 17/10/04
I just keep pushing hard, but just shift a bit earlier. Just save the engine.
because i just recently sarted using no autobrakes,if i ease up im gonna go flying off the track...and hopefully into panis!
mmmmmmm hahahahahah! lol
if i ease up then my lap times wont be as fast (personal setup) and i dont pay attention so if i come to a minardi for the 2nd or 3rd time i may lose my front wing.

has everyone realized that the only person(s) who punish you when you ease up are Michael Schumacher or Kimi Raikkonen. Rubens is nowhere to be seen and JP Montoya has probably had an incident
its called...saving between races

if you F*kup as you recall, then you can easily go back to where you last saved it

logical!!!

I can't ease off tbh! With a keyboard, you're either on it or you're not - and if I slowed a bit (consciously) I'd lose maybe 2 secs a lap, so I push all the time, but depending on fuel / tyres / whether im in 'the zone', laptimes can be from great to utter rubbish :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
i figured this out when pausing, exiting and saving

after you save the game and return back to racing, i get 1 sec nearer to the next car infront of me.

did it three times, by the time i got to my third i was just 10th second behind him

can anyone explain why???

ps, i also get the fastest lap

Truely Mikey said : "when i ease up i make funny mistakes"

and he's got Trulli in his sigpic! (remember Magny Cours?!)

yeah i find that too.

you usually do the best when you're chasing someone, trying to catch them.

you can see you gap coming down with the timings.

but if you're leading comfortably, just driving by yourself, its so easy to lose concentration for a split second and make a silly mistake. a few months ago i was doing a 100% race, and messed it up just a few laps from the end.

i was totally gutted! very pissed off. i exited the game and was pissed off for about half an hour! silly really. its only a game. i couldn't believe i had done something so stupid.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
now u why Schumacher is so good, he doesn't usually have mental lapses :-)

i know i'm more prone to mistakes when i'm leading, i find i'm much more on the pace and stuff when i'm trailing someone and i have to get close enough to try and pass

its like i see them as my prey

when i'm in the lead, its like i have nothing to go after but preserve my gap or try and increase my lead for a possible pitstop if needed

i think the best track to be in the zone is monaco, maybe its the lack of run off areas and the barriers on both sides...whatever....just crazy

ren
i find sometimes i get into a hypnotic state, where i can be thinking about something else, but still driving pretty well. then when i realise that i'm not thinking about driving, i then consciously return to thinking about the driving, and then find it weird that i wasn't concentrating, but still driving.

but then other times i lose concentration for a split second and make a silly or big mistake. so sometimes you can get away with losing concentration, but toher times you pay heavily for it.

hope you understand what i mean.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
yeah i understand what you mean as i do the same, i can drive very well and relise that im actually thinking about something that has nothing to do with the race that im doing. its strange but i like it cos i do well.
what a coincidence

AMMAAAZZZIINNNGGG!!!!

I did a few 100% races where I finished without realising it (the whole hypnotic, not thinking thing) and then proceeded to run the cars infront of me that had slowed down. Was quite a bit pissed before the game kicked back to the post race menus.
Im doing an ace championship (or professional or whateva the hardest one is) 100% as kimi and my biggest prob is 1 lap qualifying... i should be driving as coulthard as I usualy push too hard in qualifying and throw it off the road, but in the races i generally find myself make more mistakes when im leading by a large margin in the last few laps of races, or when im trying tio open a gap b4 a pitstop.. i try and gain 2 seconds a lap when u can only gain 1! haha
It all has to do with feeling comfortable. You'll find that when your trailing someone, you will feel more comfortable because you can basically mirror their braking points, their turn in and so on. When you are by yourself, you'll find it's quite a bit harder to get yourself into a rhythm. All of a sudden, you have to find your own braking points, your own urning points and so on, where as, when your chasing someone, your having all of that done for you.

if you compare your laps times when you're chasing someone, you'll notice that they are much more consistant, than when you're by yourself, or in this case, leading by a few seconds.

What I do, I never back off. Someone said before that you should never back off, because you never know what could happen. i've backed off once, and becasue of that, i got stuck behind a back marker at monaco who pitted to repair a loose wheel. Montoya, being the crazy bastard he is, took me going into the chicane just after the tunnel. if i didn't back off, I would have passed the backmarker before he came out of the pits. Something to think about perhaps??

Tragedy is when I cut my finger, Comedy is when i fall down a swere hole and die...
back markers never back off where you want them to, they always make me uneasy, especially if i am chasing someone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy