Your latest personal helmets.

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: Your latest personal helmets.
Date: November 09, 2004 09:30AM
Posted by: RMcConkey
Hey Kizz,
thanks for the reply :) I race for my own team in F1VWC, and we use BMW engines and main sponsor is Lucky Strike. Other sponsors are Loctite, BBS, Hugo Boss, Elf racing fuel, and Bridgestone.

As for the design and drawing it...I can't really draw sadly :( lol, but uh, basically I want it to have a USA theme since i'm from America :)

i was thinking, like a 3d type flag along the sides, like Montoya's one at Brazil...that type of thing. for the top i'm up for a lot of different designs, like, random stars like you did for Kev's helmet. Wouldn't mind like, Ryan Hunter Reays helmet top [www.ryanracing.com]

I am not very graphically creative lol so I'm up for anything you can come up with Kizz, you are da man with helmets :D

Thanks for being interested :)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:57PM
Posted by: b-tone
@Atomik
how are these? the 2 textures join just there so its a bit hard to do much with it

@Fisico2k3 - very nice :)

____
Tony

Date: November 09, 2004 10:55PM
Posted by: András Vincze
Here's my 1996 helmets! (I ran that year in gp3, so I recreated my helmets in gp4 :P)
First version, Melbourne:

Early season version (Brazil-Great Britain):

Late season version (Germany, Belgium-Japanese):

And the special Hungarian edition for the Hungaroring, cause I'm Hungarian! I won that race, cause it was heavy rainy condition, and I'm very good in raining :P (ACE level, 100% distance):

In 1997 I moved to Benetton and I became WC with more winning! (JV and I both had 75 pts. but I had 6 wins, he only got 5 wins :P) I will convert my Benetton helmets :)
Date: November 09, 2004 11:09PM
Posted by: ralphi
let me guess.. your Hungarian :D

Date: November 09, 2004 11:13PM
Posted by: András Vincze
You're right, but I already wrote it: "And the special Hungarian edition for the Hungaroring, cause I'm Hungarian! I won that race, cause it was heavy rainy condition, and I'm very good in raining :P (ACE level, 100% distance):" :D
Date: November 09, 2004 11:20PM
Posted by: ralphi
ohh.. i didn't see that *slams head against the wall*

Date: November 09, 2004 11:26PM
Posted by: Atomik
b-tone,

first one is very nice !!!

for me it's finished ! Thanks for all the work !

Feel free to mail it

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: November 09, 2004 11:54PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ok, here are my helmet files.
Can someone improve it? :P I would love truly reflective-looking visors, but only know how to make these silly ones.

the logos (if you can't see) are RW, the Stones logo, and www.snoopy.com :p

Date: November 10, 2004 06:46PM
Great, I received my helmet from b-tone. Thanks mate !!

As I'm kinda newbie in GP4 editing ...

can anyone explain me how to:

- convert the tga files I received from b-tone to tex (i suppose i have to replace them in cars.wad)

- how to import my helmet in zmodeler...

thanks !

"You know I couldn't go more on the inside, I was actually on the grass so ... I don't know, either Michael had his eyes closed or somehow his hands slid on the steering or something..." - Jacques Villeneuve, Jerez 1997, Post-Race Press Conference
Date: November 10, 2004 07:18PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
use gp4 master for the tex's, read a zmodeler tutorial for the importing

Date: November 11, 2004 12:17AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
this is for you gui
mind it only WIP though

no need to thank me :P
Date: November 11, 2004 06:09AM
Nice, just need the sponsors ;)

But it's incredible how much better it already is with higher res :| Even shines!!
Date: November 11, 2004 07:48AM
Posted by: Jithendra
guys can some1 send me a templet with the reflection and other stuffs a layers in it
Date: November 11, 2004 08:19AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice, just need the sponsors
>
> But it's incredible how much better it already is
> with higher res :| Even shines!!
>

the shines are from Zmodeler :P

Date: November 11, 2004 03:10PM
As promised to b-tone, here are some in-game shots of the helmet he created for me...

(I'm no pro in taking screenshots though...)

The two-wide with Alonso through Eau Rouge doesn't give a view on the helmet but I kinda liked that action, as there was Trulli in front of me spinning of on the top of the hill and Fernando and I went by on both sides of him ... all that with all four wheels still hanging on to the car, so ... :-)

Big thanks to b-tone once again !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2004 03:14PM by Atomik.
Date: November 11, 2004 05:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
hehe, no problem - looking forward to seeing some photos once you get it on your real helmet too ;)

____
Tony

Date: November 12, 2004 07:00AM
Posted by: raztahz
just a WIP request concept, so its just an idea. the finished won't look like this

Date: November 12, 2004 05:39PM
Fuchs truly is a great sponsor :p

You run wide, hit a wall "Oh for fuchs sake". ;)
Date: November 13, 2004 05:10AM
Posted by: raztahz
lol!

might make a @#$%&, oops i mean fuchs livery from bojan's ferrari template

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2004 05:11AM by raztahz.
Date: November 13, 2004 12:43PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
hey gui can you post the logos for your helmet or pm them to me i cant find a good pic of the 555 logo or the RW logo and also what font did you use to right the aryton senna stufff ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy