High res Suzuka progress shots

Posted by Caelen 
Re: High res Suzuka progress shots
Date: June 26, 2004 04:54PM
Posted by: Jorn
Looks great!

But aren't those people too big??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2004 04:58PM by Jorn.
Date: June 27, 2004 01:31AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Where do we get the helmet/visor? Stunning viewpoint!
Date: June 27, 2004 11:33AM
Posted by: eddycrazy
track look incredible that is just like real can't wait to get it. about the cockpit are you sure that is v7 of caelen cause that what i have installed and mirrors are smaller they are like square not rectangular it just don't look like in the screenshot. i will try to post a screen
Date: June 27, 2004 03:48PM
Posted by: vesuvius
@ Caelen

I would like to have those tyres they look great.
Date: June 27, 2004 06:09PM
Posted by: Button14
@Caelen used your f1 graphics on the prevoius page of this thread and they have made gp4 look amazing and now i have less of a hit on the PO then before, amazing

Date: June 27, 2004 08:18PM
Posted by: BenF1
Caelan, incredible work, possibly the best i've ever seen for GP4! Have you any plans for other tracks?
Date: June 27, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Impressive shots again !

I wanted to ask you Caelen as I noticed it since Monza's update, why are you "buttonizing" all adverts ?
You know what I mean ? Giving them some kind of bump and thus creating some light and shadow frame all around each advert ?

Date: June 27, 2004 11:56PM
Posted by: Jorn
Many questions for Caelen, poor chap :)
Date: June 28, 2004 08:09AM
Posted by: Caelen
actually lo2k i dont know why. i tried it on one texture to make it a bit more interesting, and have used it on a few. but ive already decided not to use it so much (ive changed a few from what id originally used at suzuka). its just that some textures ive had to create from scratch and you need to do something to it to make it look a bit 3d.

nutton14, glad could help.

yes cockpit is basically ver 7.0, but i have about 4 or 5 variations with different mirrors, bumps etc. depending on which car i use

il package the tyres and cockpits and post a link in a few days

next track will be melbourne, JPM has offerd me some help, and has a lot of pictures he took at this years race.
i would really like all track done but wish someone else would do all the hard work. it takes a surprisingly long time to get modify the textures and 3d files

but the tracks i would probably do soonest would be my favourites including monza,suzuka,monaco,nurbergring,brazil,imola,montreal,france and maybe A1 ring.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2004 08:18AM by Caelen.
Date: June 28, 2004 11:47AM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Caelen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> actually lo2k i dont know why. i tried it on one
> texture to make it a bit more interesting, and
> have used it on a few. but ive already decided not
> to use it so much (ive changed a few from what id
> originally used at suzuka). its just that some
> textures ive had to create from scratch and you
> need to do something to it to make it look a bit
> 3d.

Maybe you can make the edges smaller, as now I dont think it looks that real, but who am i ;-)

> i would really like all track done but wish
> someone else would do all the hard work. it takes
> a surprisingly long time to get modify the
> textures and 3d files

Well atm i have a 2004 imola totaly grass textured with your textures forum monza, it's just for my own use as the track is not mine, and the texture is not mine, but if you have no problem with it i can try to work on the other textures as well, and make a full high res track of it (i'm just an amateur btw, so dont get to picky on me right away ;-) )

Date: June 28, 2004 01:45PM
Posted by: Fullers
@Caelen
I also took your advice on f1graphics.cfg settings as Button14 did and also had simmilar response. I was already using mipmap set to 1 and thought the game looked superb. But after changing anistropic filtering and mipmap bias settings in both main view and mirrors it just jumps out of the screen at me. As I have a GeForce card I cannot touch AA without trebling PO and yet with these changes the game appears to run faster (smoother and more speed realistic) and CPU load appears unaffected and fluctuate less. It seems to have hit the sweet spot for my gfx card and the remarcable thing is that so confident I was that the game was creating less load on my machine I switched on video walls to see how it would cope. Previously this was a no-no but now no noticable PO hit at all (especially at racing speads). The heat haze did cause a little hit but I off-set this by reducing the dynamic env map distance from 200mtrs to 100mtrs.
I have enjoyed this little tweaking session and even more enjoyed the improved GP4 I now have. Thank you vey much.
Oh! and I can't wait to get this new fantastic work of yours either. It looks out of this world.

Andy.
Date: June 28, 2004 02:12PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi, Ive also took Caelen's advice on teh f1graphcis.cfg...just gunna test it now..

Sorry to ask again Caelen but can you tell me where to download your Hi-Res hungary..All the dowload link i have tried are borken :-(

Thanks!

Willb
Date: June 29, 2004 11:13AM
Posted by: Caelen
sorry cant provide links for hungary, only have 20 megs of webspace, so have to delete to make room for next track, however if you could select a website i could upload too ?
Date: June 29, 2004 12:50PM
Posted by: Alessandro
I have space for files : alex@m4driving.sm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy