Swapping Car skins and Car shapes HELP!!!

Posted by Willb 
Re: Swapping Car skins and Car shapes HELP!!!
Date: June 24, 2004 03:39PM
Posted by: Willb
ok deleteed that 35 lod..bojan i tried you europe version of the BAR i simply unzipped it and put it into the cars wad as it was... Sill satos car is mucked up when it tries to use what I persume is LOD 0..

It reverts back to the jag

Please help..

Thanks

Regards

Willb
But did you unziped texture files also? And all shape files? Are they all in your cars.wad? Cars folder in car.wad file? You didn't unzip it directly into cars.wad when you have 3 more folders in it? It has to go in cars folder.

Don't confuse it with cars folder located in your GP4 directory, there you install helmets 9,10 and 21.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2004 03:58PM
I no...i unzipped teh rar into a temp foler and deleted readme and preview pic and then put the rest in cars.wad/cars

Its worked before but now its wierd..

Thanks

Willb
Date: June 24, 2004 06:48PM
Well blow me down....i deleted that 35 lod and made other minor changes....now it works!!!! perfectly....the only dody car now is toyota at a certain range it becomes a sauber..yes i have made the 5 lods dor each car!.

Well im working on getting My cousin's and my car into the last slot now...should be easier this time...

Thanks for everyones help!

Ill post some screens when i get it working..Considering my cousing doen't actually have GP4 and hes never painted a car before this is amazing!

Thanks

Willb

Stay tuned For screens!!
Date: June 24, 2004 07:42PM
Now....Im getting alot further...I have both custom helmets in the carshapes are Perfect for both slot 11 cars..but white cars..no textures..I have renamed them bd_1.tex , bd_2.tex and bd_3.tex and I have added these new names in the 3d editor for all lods....i comiled everything to a wad but no textures...is there anyway of finding out witch textures the game is trying to load..i have all the correct refrences in 3d editor...

Thanks for your help!

Willb
Date: June 24, 2004 09:29PM
Well i got the whole car, helmets shape textures everythinh working and i must say it looks great....

The reason the car was white before was because I entered hi_team11_1 etc in 3d editor NOT team11_1 etc so it would use all 3 resolutions (lo_,hi_ and just team11_01.

Ill post some pics l8er...its still WIP as were making the pitcrew and atrwork...

Expect some shots later!!

Regards

Willb
You see how you're making progress when we leave you alone for a while :-P

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 28, 2004 02:04PM
Rite... here not final but kool.

Thats all for now folks...hope you like it.

I tohught it was pretty good for a first livery.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy