Swapping Car skins and Car shapes HELP!!!

Posted by Willb 
Swapping Car skins and Car shapes HELP!!!
Date: June 24, 2004 12:39AM
Posted by: Willb
Hi,

My friend and I decided to make out own car just for us to muck around with..we used Dahie's Melbourne williams for a template..i sent my m8 the team02_1.tex team02_2.tex team02_3.tex files and he painted..
He sent them back to me and now i can't get them into the prost slot using a second copy of teh willaims melbourne carshape (1 shape is for the williams team and 1 is for our team)

I renamed the all team02_#.tex files to team11_#.tex and then i went into the car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4 (which is a renamed car_mclaren_car1_lod_0.gp4 from the willaim 04 carshape and i replaced all the team02_# references with team11_# so that it would look for the new textures..

I did this in all the car lod files..compiled wad and tried to play..the game crashes when loading the circuit..

Please, please could someone tell me how to get this new car livery working!

Thank you very much...

Regards

Willb

(im tyred now, 11:40pm, so im off to bed..ill check this first thing tomorrow)

Thanks again

Regards

Willb
Re: Swapping Car skins and Car shapes HELP!!!
Date: June 24, 2004 12:49AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Uhm...

You also need to change the tex files in 3D editor.

First, correct names of your tex files in a file folder

Next, run 3D editor and import a gp4 file. Click a TEXTURE button and select RENAME TEXTURES. Rename the tex files as you did in the file folder.

Then, apply and save them. Done!

BTW this kind of topic was already mentioned in the forum.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: June 24, 2004 12:53AM
Posted by: fongu
hmm thats odd, it shouldn't crash even if the textures are wrong. Post the log file here from gpxpatch. Might have something to do with the shape

Date: June 24, 2004 10:41AM
theres soo may logs...which one...colblood can u explain a bit more sorry i dnt quite get it... i have got the new texture name as team11_# etc..

all i did was load the team02_# in gp4 master and replace selected file..i also did downsample textures..

thanks!

Will
Date: June 24, 2004 11:11AM
think ive done it just gunna test..
Date: June 24, 2004 12:22PM
ok....im getting somewhere..

Driver 22 car is perfect it works, both texture and shape..also my custom helmet works

it is in slot 22 when you press ' it says Will's (22)

car 21 driver name is Diddy...His car is the 2004 Jordan....but when you see it from when you are focused on another car it flics to the correct car..then it goes back after a while...One of the lods is mucked and also his custom helmet doesnt work...its a defualt one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Regards

Willb
Date: June 24, 2004 12:23PM
screenshots?

Date: June 24, 2004 12:34PM
yeh here ill just upload stay tuned!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2004 12:37PM by Willb.
Date: June 24, 2004 12:38PM
Its wierd cos the custom helemet wnt work on that car but it does on teammates car...
Date: June 24, 2004 12:41PM
check the cars folder in your gp4 directory......should have a driver 21 tex in there to change

Date: June 24, 2004 12:44PM
nope..already looked...im mmore concered about teh acr. i believed its summing to do with car 2 lod 0.

PLEEEEEEEESE HELP!

thanks

Willb
Date: June 24, 2004 01:37PM
Now Satos BAR IS Mucked up and It is a jordan...Why the HELL ARE LOADS OF MY CARS JORDANS ....AGH I HATE JORDAN...

HELP!

Date: June 24, 2004 01:55PM
AGHHH! i ahve reinstalled All 04 cars apart from The last slot and the Jordan....Now the BAR reverts back to the Gp4 2001 JAGUAR!. ALSO Buttons helmet doesnt work..

Please tell me what is wrong....im getting very frusterated because grand prix for is so stupidly made. :@

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2004 01:56PM by Willb.
Date: June 24, 2004 02:03PM
the jaguar_lod loads when it cant find the shape its looking for

Date: June 24, 2004 02:05PM
Posted by: b-tone
ok.

in gp4 there is 22 individual cars. teams share xoxkpit textures and other stuff but you can have 22 cars.

each car has 5 lods (lod=level of detail). it uses lower lods when furthur away from camera.

on default it uses 2001 cars in 2001 order (ferr-mcl-will...?)

if theres a car shape (car_team_carX_lod_X.gp4) missing it uses jaguar as jaguar is a default shape. (delete all but jag and you'll get 22 jags)

to put a new car in you need 10 .gp4 files and some .tex files.

with your last problem you're missing a (or some) car_bar_carX_lod_x.gp4 files. maybe its named wrong?

____
Tony

Date: June 24, 2004 02:18PM
ok thank you so mcuh...ill try adding more lods...but i have completely rebuilt my carset again in teh last 10 mins and buttons helemt is still totally wite..i havnt added removed any helmts yet..there all defualt.. an ideas on that?

Thanks

Will

(p.S sorry for getting angry :-S)
Helmets for cars 9, 10 and 21 are stored in cars folder. Change them there.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: June 24, 2004 02:34PM
thanks bojan ill try that later..

However satos car is stil messed when followinf from another car it looks fine but when u switch to it is a 2001 jag. i just unzipped the download and places it in car.wad and it still doesnt work.. it used to but i can't get it to now...am i right in saying that it is lod 0 that is mucked up here.

Thanks

Willb
Date: June 24, 2004 02:35PM
ah...in the cars wad there is a "car_bar_car1_lod_35.gp4" but not one for car 2?? what does this mean!

thanks

Willb
Just delete all 35 lods, and forget about them.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy