quickest way to change car tex/lod names

Posted by danm 
quickest way to change car tex/lod names
Date: June 23, 2004 07:29PM
Posted by: danm
i read somewhere bout 10 mins ago the prog used for changing batches of team names for making and installing new cars

i just went to put in the new dahie williams and its in the mclaren slot etc and sauber in jaguar ive redone all the names wrong lol

sorted out the those so dahies install is all good. cheers mate

however, the bojan mclaren is being a poo as its named williams so im guessing thats the 3rd slot in 2001 (which is where mclaren is now) so i should keep then named as williams so it picks up as the 3rd order team.

yes, god that sounds confusing sorry lol

anywho, whats the prog that orders it all and stuff?

thanx in advance...
Re: quickest way to change car tex/lod names
Date: June 23, 2004 10:17PM
Posted by: sntgeorge
I love DMex context menu!!! is so easy to use, no resources demanding and is quite customizable... You can grab it from [home.arcor.de]

Hope it help! (as a matter of fact I consider this piece of sw as an essential to my gp4 stuff)
Re: quickest way to change car tex/lod names
Date: June 24, 2004 05:21AM
Posted by: Briere
[www.realgpx.com]

download Team Editor and you'll be able to change the shape lods slots :)
Comeon, take 3 minutes from your life, no, 1 minute, unzip all shapes to temporary folder, and start changing "williams" to "mclaren". Now, if you copy first "mclaren" with ctrl+c, you can just go on with ctrl+v and copy over next shape names, so it might take you much less then a minute. Then put all renamed shapes in your cars.wad. True, how complicated that is, it's much easier to search for a program and figure out how it works, maybe even post a question in forum and wait for response. But renaming ten files, yes that's total mess to do.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy