Clutch and Stalling? (Madman)

Posted by Go Alesi 
Clutch and Stalling? (Madman)
Date: June 21, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Hi,
although GP4 has a clutch button programable in the controls section, it doesn't actually work. I was wondering if a simple clutch system could be introduced into GP4, along with the ability to stall. As far as I'm aware, all that would need to be done would be that when RPM in 1st gear go below x amount, the engine cuts out, unless you've got the clutch engaged.

Any ideas?

Re: Clutch and Stalling? (Madman)
Date: June 21, 2004 09:01PM
Posted by: Ferrari is the best!!!
Dunno if that would work. But I know little about making tweaks for GP4.

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Date: June 21, 2004 09:05PM
Posted by: Willb
Sorry..please delete i mad a foolish mistake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 09:05PM by Willb.
Date: June 21, 2004 09:07PM
Posted by: meyers
this is one of many excellent features of f1 challenge ... yeah lets have a gp4 vs f1c debate!! :)
Date: June 21, 2004 09:12PM
...........nah...........just kidding..wats F1C like....I never seen/played it?
Date: June 21, 2004 09:17PM
its good for an EA game but its roots still lie in f1 season 2000 and there are some fundamentals like proper support for gamepad and keyboard racers that are not resolved

thats pretty much stops me from playing it

to go off on one i would say that to anyone whos computer struggles to run gp4 suitably f1c is much more efficient graphically

the best touch in my opinion is the car setup its so thorough but also simple,the sounds are great too, and of course - it has ralph h. updating it!
Date: June 21, 2004 09:21PM
lol....Yeh i brought Ea Games F1 Racing championship season 2000 a long way back..Hated it...When 2001 came out i thought they may have improved...But no :-P Gp4 kicks...
Date: June 21, 2004 09:27PM
mmm... i would certainly favour gp4 over an ea game in its raw state but there are also important fundamanetals that have been overlooked in the gp series, and why geoff made track editing so difficult is just beyond comprehension! f1 challenge will soon challenge gp4 as the leading f1 sim soon as its updates are rapidly growing,

im a perfectionist unfortunately so i feel that the lack of overall editability of gp4 restricts my pleasure e.g. limiting the numnber of tracks and teams
Date: June 21, 2004 09:51PM
Posted by: Xero
Geoff didn't make editing tracks difficult on purpose. infact, it would have been the furthest thing on his mind! I think the main reason why it's so complicated is because of the detailed GPS data they use for the tracks.
Date: June 21, 2004 10:00PM
Hum...I think the tracks in F1Racing championship are much more realistc...even in there 1999 unupdated state the realism of that game is amazing..the use of Gps in the tracks is increadable..

When i got the game after hours of playing i did many laps around spa to see how realistc teh tracks were layout wise..I took my fastest lap and compared it to teh record from the annual gp season bokk i was only about 1 tenth faster :-P
and thatw as a very good lap..

Its a great game

But GP4 Has alot better graphcis and advantages..Althoght i like the fact your tires can get dirsy as you go off the road in F1RC

Thanks

Willb
Date: June 21, 2004 11:15PM
Posted by: Madman271
First I thought this thread was latking about clutch and stall.
At the end, surprising to see this goes ended with GP4 vs F1C debate. :)

btw; few days (or weeks?) ago, someone has came with an idea for user-controllable traction control. Is there any connection between traction and clutch? Remind me if I'm wrong. As I know (and I can be mistaken) when we apply gear changes but not release the handle, this is where clutch work. Am I right?

ps:
Why is my name appeared in the topic title?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 21, 2004 11:30PM
Posted by: ZaZ
Go Alesi and Madman271 sitting in a tree.....

:P

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: June 21, 2004 11:34PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
because this kuestion was for you lol
Date: June 22, 2004 09:24AM
Posted by: casabonka
I own both GP4 and F1C, Gp4 is unquestionably so much better, i only play F1c when i get the @#$%& with GP4 after i lose a championship by a few points when i shouldve won! haha
Date: June 22, 2004 09:58AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Willb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hum...I think the tracks in F1Racing championship
> are much more realistc...even in there 1999
> unupdated state the realism of that game is
> amazing..the use of Gps in the tracks is
> increadable..
>
> When i got the game after hours of playing i did
> many laps around spa to see how realistc teh
> tracks were layout wise..I took my fastest lap and
> compared it to teh record from the annual gp
> season bokk i was only about 1 tenth faster :-P
> and thatw as a very good lap..

Dude, F1C DOES NOT have GPS data in there tracks, its so evident when u compare GP4 tracks (wich does) to F1C tracks (wich dont). Gp4 has the most realistic track, a better GFX engine, tho i dont think the physics of GP4 are the best, i feel that if u merged F1C physics and GP4 physics, you would have the "perfect Physics" for an F1 Game. plus all the extras that F1C has, like the sounds (wich the gp4sound team have done an awsome job of doing) the pit limiter, just those things and i feel we would have the best F1 SIM.

Date: June 22, 2004 10:03AM
Posted by: villej
"Dude, F1C DOES NOT have GPS data in there tracks"

But F1 Racing Championship has. It's a different game. :)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2004 10:04AM by villej.
Date: June 22, 2004 10:30AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I've got that game, got it for £15 down at PC world :) Ubisoft's last F1 Games :(

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 22, 2004 10:35AM
Posted by: mansell92
But the AI in F1RC is plain awful. Even worse than unmodded F1C, and that's saying something.
Date: June 22, 2004 02:21PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
Completly offtopic ? :)
It would add something fun and realistic into GP4 :) all new options and addons are welcome :)
Date: June 22, 2004 05:05PM
Posted by: Beostar
@madman : Is the idea of variable traction control still running btw? or has it been cancelled?

Stalling would be a nice addon..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy