Is it a bird..Is it a plane..no its a graphics glitch..AGH!

Posted by Willb 
Hi,

Can any one shed some light on what this is...I have only noticed it On Canada and France...

Thanks

Its REALLLLLLLY annoying me!

Regards

Willb
erm... what the hell are those dot's for!? :|

the grey thing however is a bug..

the grey thing however is a bug

Another blantent observation brought to you by Ralphi ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 05:33PM by Ianwoollam.
lol...i kind a realised it was a bug..the Dots is just the Stupid .Gif Compression..i 4 got to change the quality...But How can i fix the "bug" thanks guys!

Regards

Willb
i dunno if you can... i knew if you put the offical patch it would get rid of some of them... but these are always there.. at least in my game..

There's also one at Interlagos. I don't know yet why they appear.
Nice dithered gif files much much heavier than jpg ones. Do you have something against .jpg format ? ;)

no i love .jpg...Just i tohugh Gif would bit a bit smaller...

Its just the grey "thing" in france is on the start finnish and u see it when u look straight forward..its HORRIBLE!!

I really hope this can be fixed...

Is it a missing texture..or cliping distances...
IOr even a "Fog" prob as it only seems to happen when u look a further away places..

Hum wierd :-S

Well thanks anyway

Willb
its some wierd thing to do with the f1gfx.cfg move the file out of the gp4 folder and it should go away
update your drivers , or disable bump mapping , both sorted that problem for me
newest drivers available...and i dnt see how bump mapping cpuld be the prob :-S

thanks anyway ill try removing my f1gfx.cfg

donĀ“t aks me too but it solved my prblem yes ...
I have a similar problem on Monza with Caelens hi res track update. There are large white buildings all down the pit straight and after the chicane, and its REALLLLLLY ANNOYING!!!

Since we are talking about graphical bugs ...

I am using Viper's 2003 Carset (Custom). Everything is okay, apart from the missing/transparent rims in cokpit view (only on the outside of the wheel, inside the rim is there). Has this been mentioned before? Is this a know problem? Any solution (didn't find anything on the forum, but I haven't followed Gp4 much, only came back to it recently)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
ARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!! And Pablo Montoya is off the track!!!!!!!!!! NO!! This mean mean world!

Seriously though that is very strange, is it always in the same place?
yeh always start finnish at Magny-Cours and alwasy there at Canada..Dunno about Brazil..i dnt race there much!

lol

Hope it can be fixed..

im just gunna try and remove my f1gfx.cfg file...ill report back!

Regards

Willb
vader - maybe the tex has a black alpha layer making the peice invisible. or theres a bug with the car_cockpit_wheel shape - maybe a missing or misnamed object.

any change if rotate wheel via tex is set to 1/0?

____
Tony

@Vader: okay i think i know what this may be, try finding the file

car_wheel_front_lod_0.gp4

in your cars.wad. Then find the file

car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4

you need to change the file named

car_wheel_front_cockpit.gp4

to

car_wheel_front_lod_0.gp4

and this should solve the problem.

by the way if it doesnt, change your rotate wheels via textures to the opposing value to what you have already, im pretty sure that will do the trick then...

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 08:52PM by JonVic.
So many glitches. The one I found the worst was some sort of bug in the GP4patcher with one of dahie's R5's. If I ran the GP4patcher separetly from the installer, I got this:
P.S. I took this shot before I discovered Antistropic filtering. And Dahie, oyur Jaguar is great. No offense to you. It'ss probably my falut that i ran it separately.

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Taking out my f1graphics.cfg Fixed the gray..But no my graphcis are on low...as soon as i go into the menu to change it the Bug appears agaiN!

AGH

is there a way of changinf the defualt setttings so i dnt need an f1graphics.cfg

thanks

Willb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy