New to GP4. Some quick questions.

Posted by tyler 
New to GP4. Some quick questions.
Date: June 21, 2004 04:21PM
Posted by: tyler
I'm very new to GP4, having realised there are no decent F1 games on the consoles. I've read the FAQ and while it points to the correct programs it doesn't necessarily say how to use them.

I just want to know how up to date the game can be and how to apply the various mods. All the download pages can get confusing.

1. Is there a FULL Season 2003 Mod? If not whats the latest.
2. I have GPxPatch and GP4Tweaker. How do I add a season mod?
3. Once a season mod is applied. How do you insert individual 2004 cars?
4. Is there a full list of 2004 cars available? I have the BAR NT and know the Williams exists but can't find it.

Hopefully therse questions will help other people who are new to the game. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: New to GP4. Some quick questions.
Date: June 21, 2004 04:50PM
Posted by: ralphi
1. yes there are a few out.. 3 i think.. visit these sites for more info:
www.sinof1.net , gp4.gamers.nl , www.gp4italia.net

2. erm... they don't insert a season mod.. :|

3. you use a thing called wadupdater i find it the easyest... plus in every readme that comes with a car you can read how to insert a car..

4. i think all cars are out.. i think you can find most of them here or on www.gp4italia.net

Thank you come again :)

Date: June 21, 2004 05:15PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Litsen, bud!

We are not here to answer your questions!

You could find all you answer if you used the "SEARCH" function of this forum!

I was a newbie too; but I didn't ask anybody to get some help! God damn it!

I really hate newcomers of the forum, recently. They are just wasting the space of the forum!!!!!!

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: June 21, 2004 05:23PM
Thanks Ralphi,

However www.sinof1.net is difficult to navigate (yes I set it to English), gp4.gamers.nl downloads seem to be down , www.gp4italia.net has "carsets (0)"?

Oh and coldblood who said you were here to answer questions? This is a forum. I posted my problem and its voluntary if you reply. Some people like Ralphi are willing to help. I've searched and was still confused so I posted a new topic.

Sorry I'm struggling with the modding and hoped for some guidence but obviously I've upset you. I'm not finding it the most simple thing to do but want to persevere as I feel if I can get it updated I'll get more enjoyment from the game.

Date: June 21, 2004 05:27PM
Posted by: ralphi
yes but if you regiuster there are carsets in there even tho it says 0

Date: June 21, 2004 05:33PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi...

I believe Tyler has every right to ask these simple questions....every one needs help at some point in their gaming life..and that is what forums are for...to discuss, help and solve.

I don't want to seem to pushy ColdBlood..But if your not here to help..why are you here!?

As for the 2003 season mod..I downloaded the Gp4Italia Full season..It was very good but i have now modded Gp4 And have created a 2004 season mod. Its fun to update the game your self becuase you can use all your favourite downloads!

It gets easier when you know how :-)

Regards

Willb

Date: June 21, 2004 06:16PM
Posted by: markko
Yeah, he has the right to ask those questions, he read the FAQ, and just needed some questions answering. Just because its obvious to you doesnt mean its obvious to him.

Welcome to the forum tyler :)
Date: June 21, 2004 06:21PM
Guys Guys!

How long have you guys been here? Two month, huh?

I have been here for a year, and seen lots of this "newbie askings", ok?

(And, yes I am too senative! But, ask somebody else!!! They would agree with me!)

What I think about a forum is that the forum is a shared place such as a public library. What would you do if you are in a public place? Just do what you want?

For example, if you are looking for a book in the library, are you just directly heading to a librarian to get some help? You don't!!! You would go down to the section where the book might be, and try to find it. Or, find a library catalogue and read a index from the catalogue the to get some information about your book! If you couldn't find information, THEN YOU CAN ASK A LIBRARAIAN TO FIND THE BOOK!!!

I know that you were trying to find the answer from FAQ, but THAT WAS NOT ENOUGH!

Also, should this question "Is there a FULL Season 2003 Mod?" be here? No way!!!
If tyler, you, just looked at the download section and some old posts from this forum, you would find the answer with using your "so precious and valuable" time!

You can ask freely and I like that! But, my point is why did you post the question even though you can get the answer by yourself? Want to save your time? Answer my question if you want!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 06:25PM by ColdBlood.
Date: June 21, 2004 06:25PM
Thanks for the replies. coldblood had me worried that this was an "elite" forum but the friendliness of the other replies is appreciated. I found some carsets over at gp4italia but download was about 3kb :( (I'm on broadband)

However I've found some cars at GPxCarPainting, each about 1-2mg. Is this all thats needed to insert a car or are carshapes, cockpits, 3d shapes etc needed aswell? especially for the new Williams.
Date: June 21, 2004 06:28PM
Posted by: Vader
Cool down, ColdBlood. I have been here since 2001, but you shouldn't talk to newbies this way. If you don't like what they ask, simply don't read it.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Remember this? Your first post here. Okay, you didn#t aks a question, but people welcomed you. That's the way to treat newbies: be friendly and say welcome to them.

Welcome to the forum, tyler. I hope you'll find answers to all of your questions here. Regardless of what others have said in here, we are a community and we there to help each other.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 21, 2004 06:29PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
ColdBlood - calm down! Jesus. You want to talk about being here a long time? I've been here since 2001, so don't go getting all high and mighty eh. Its just a question - I bet you've asked lots of them in your time here as well. You know what? Even if a question has been asked before, or the search button hasn't been used, why do you have to be nasty about it? Just simply say 'try searching the forum - this has been asked a few times' instead of ranting and raving like someone who's escaped from a lunatic asylum.

Have some damn respect.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 21, 2004 06:40PM
Yeah I know I was a newbie too, and I still appreciate what you guys did to me.

But I started to worry about the future of this forum.

Recently, there are lots of "one sentence", or "one word question" posts which is not a good sign to a community. How do I know? Well, I have my own F1 website and it contains a forum too. I had an exactley same problem that people started to post insincerely. So peopel started to leave the forum and it just changed to a forbidden place.

I love this coummunity so much, and I don't want to see what happened to my forum.

But, I was harsh on tyler. I sincerly apologize to tyler for my rudness.

Welcome to GP4 forum, tyler!

Date: June 21, 2004 07:06PM
Thankyou coldblood. I harldy think my post was a "one sentance" or "one word question" though. Anyway lets forget that and enjoy GP4 :)

As I said before I found some cars over at GPxCarpainting and have just been driving round in a fancy new BAR! with the help of the program GPMaster. I just inserted the 1-2mg file after un-raring. So from that I take it the files (1-2mg) contain all that is needed (carshape etc). I'm going to try the Williams now, I'll see how it goes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 07:06PM by tyler.
Date: June 21, 2004 07:18PM
Okay I've added in the williams and the textures are right but the model isn't updated. This is probably the case with the BAR to (?) but as its not a weird new shape I'm not sure. What do I have to do now?
Date: June 21, 2004 08:06PM
Thank you for accepting my apology, tyler.

Which one's williams do you have? Sometimes, you got to change the slot name. What I mean is if CAR_'teamname'_lod#.gp4 should be CAR_'TeamWhatYouWant'_lod#.gp4.

Date: June 21, 2004 08:10PM
rite....this is how i do it..

Its a bit long winded but it works!

Downloaded Lo2k's Excellent Wad updater from [www.realgpx.com]

then..Go to you Grand Prix 4 folder and Make a bopy of your Cars.wad file..Put it somewhere where youll remember..maybe a new folder called backups...i make alot of them its more sensible in the long term.

One you have backed up your cars.wad file then start Wad Updater and click on then 'Change Gp4 path' when the window pops up browse to your Gp4 Folder and then clikc ok. Then click on the second open folder next to the bottom white text box and browse to your cars.wad file. Then click ok.

Next click 'Extract wad' and extract it to a folder (i use the desktop..naughty me :-P) as it is only temporary. once you have browsed to the folder click 'Save' and wait...

Then go to you Cars folder whereever you extraced the wad to then click on the 'Cars' folder inside that so you explorer address bar should read something like this '........\Desktop\Cars\cars' (the desktop part is just the folder i extracted to)

Next you grab the files from the car(s) you just downloaded (remember to read the readme because this may contain IMPORTANT info about renaming files for different slots etc..)

Once you have the files from the download copy and pase them into the 'Cars\cars' folder.

Next load wad updater again and click 'Select a folder' at the very top of the dialog' Now browse to you Cars folder (the 1st one) so it would be, in my case 'Desktop\Cars' then click ok.

now click 'Create Wad' and choose a location to save the new Cars.wad file to (i used desktop again he he..) and click on 'Save' now wait for until it the wad is created..

After that close Wad updater and find you NEW Cars.wad and copy and paste it to your Grand Prix 4 folder..Click 'Yes' to the confirm file replace dialog that may appear (MAKING SURE YOU HAVE YOU ORIGIONAL CARS.WAD BACKED UP!!) and then load the game and enjoy.....

One more note, Sometimes it takes a couple of gos for wad updater to compoile the wat 100% correctily..If at first you game crashes to Desktop when loading a circuit..try again..if it does it again you may be doing something incorrectly.

I hope this helps!!

Regards

Willb

Edit: ColdBlood i think he must have the right slot as the Textures are loading...might be GP4 Master not loading the shape correctily? i never use it to insert cars so i don't know...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2004 08:11PM by Willb.
Date: June 21, 2004 08:13PM
Posted by: Vader
Very nice of you, ColdBlood. It takes a lot of backbone to openly apologize on a forum and you obviously have a good character. That's great for our community. :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 21, 2004 08:16PM
Well said Vader..

Im quite proud of that loooooong post of mine, lol he he he...

Must keep it for future reference..

Hope it works Tyler!

Good luck!

Regards

Willb
Date: June 21, 2004 08:36PM
Posted by: _tux_
i just wanna add my bit...

coldblood, ure an ass.hole :)
If you want a high rez 2003 carset, get enzojz's (I hope I spelled that right) from his site, sinof1 or from [www.f1games.it]
Very good carset, used it until May of this year actually. Also, I'd be glad to help you for anything about GP4. Just send me a private message and I'll answer your question. And I havent been here for so long anyway. Came here in November 2003, registered in mid January. I'll help you with anything I can help you with. I've learnd a lot so I'm not an amateur at this. I've even started at basic track editing.

Check out my website!
[www.freewebs.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy